Runspeed Petition Proposal

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd, Nov 15, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Spider Guest

/cry we need da speed
  2. ARCHIVED-GoophBahll Guest

More runspeed please! kk thnx

**OOC**

Alrighty I recently created a bard class with the release of EoF. I decided I am playing strictly for fun. I find the Faes extremely entertaining. I am level 30 now and able to obtain 45% runspeed selfbuffed. This is Selo's & Max Harbingers + Silvani form. However, I beleive it should be 50% Since I chose a racial trait called Fae Flight which is supposed to give 5% additional runspeed. The whole thing of me making this troubador Fae is about speed. So my next step was to blast through the jboots quest. Well I had all but feerot done at 28. Dinged twice and headed for Feerot. Took a bit but I made it with a little help of Draog Scale swill ( +40% runspeed drink lasts 3 hours a consumption ) which brought my fae to 85% in Silvani form. Finished the Jboots quest. To my dismay I am unable to wear the jboots until 42 =X Now, from the sounds of everything here the bards are unable to break 40%? So does that mean the information in Persona screen is defunct? I felt faster when I used the Droag scale swill but I didnt think it was 85% fast. I challenged a friend to a race. He had 40% I was at 85% He finished same route at 4min 40sec I finished at 2min 34sec ( which is more than half his score & should be less than half ) Also if I add AA's to Bladesing on STR tree does that Increse my Selo's? My Harbingers? or Both?

Thanks for your help in advance =)

Quikwind Silverwing 30 Fae Troubador

*ed* Fixed typo's + at 30 I have 21aa ( Lots of exploration and grabbing shiny's in KoS ) ( I bet my death ratio sucks )

Facnee Sig Thingee coming soonish...
    Message Edited by GoophBahll on 12-03-2006 04:21 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Jesterzzn Guest

From what I have seen, and what I have gathered from guild members of mine, Rangers can up their Pathfinding from 16 to 36 with 8AA. Wardens can up thier SoW from 20 to 45 also with 8AA. Bards need 16AA for an increass from 34 to 46. That is what has people pissed off. I think there are a few sprint buff AAs as well for various classes, but those are self only, and so not as much of an issue to me.

So we have Rangers with a potential 2.25 multiplier to their group run buff and we have Wardens with a potential 2.25 multiplier to their run buff (which can be cast on anyone) while Bards get a 1.35 multiplier. So its half the utility for twice the cost, and yet we are supposed to be the guys with class defning speed...
  4. ARCHIVED-GoophBahll Guest

Oh yeah, I udnerstand why everyone is upset ( Including myself. ) I remember bards being a blur and a wift of dust in eq1 at 70. Thats what I was looking for in eq2 and so far I am not impressed. So the Persona screen is worthless?
  5. ARCHIVED-Jesterzzn Guest

Not worthless, although sometimes not always accurate. If your persona window said you had a run speed of 80+ then you did. You can crack 40 if you have a drink or whatever, you just can't crack 40 with you basic buff as quickly as a ranger or Warden. A ranger can have 36 at level 10, and a warden can have 45 at level 14. Bards have to wait for their upgrade to selo. And I try to exclude J-boots from converstaions like this, since I don't think items should be factored in to the topic of class ability . Item utility is a topic all its own.
  6. ARCHIVED-GoophBahll Guest

Ok... Drinks / Potions / Equipment / Racial Traits. excluded.

With AA's in Harbingers and Bladesinger, whats the max runspeed a "bard" can obtain? Still 40%?
  7. ARCHIVED-Spider Guest

i think 42
  8. ARCHIVED-Jesterzzn Guest

Selo's grants a 34% increase at level 41. You can AA for an aditional ability that gives another +12 maxed out (16 total AA), and stacks with Selo. So at level 41 a bard can obtain a base of 46. Compared with 36 at level 10 for Rangers, and 45 at level 14 for Wardens.
  9. ARCHIVED-GoophBahll Guest

Ok.. I might thick headed here. But does Bladesing actually add anything to this?
  10. ARCHIVED-Spider Guest

whats the description of bladesing ?
  11. ARCHIVED-GoophBahll Guest

Bladesing adds a bouns percentage to all beneficial spells per AA spent ( I think its the 3rd down on the STR tree ) I already have the 16 Spent in the WIS tree.

*Side note*
    : ( im confused... how does WIS make your group faster? and how does STR add bonus's to your beneficial spells?

Ok - Sorry I dragged you guys way off topic on this too. I see this needs more Signatures I will bug my friends and family to /sign
  12. ARCHIVED-Spider Guest

hmmm thats an interesting thought someone should realy check on that because if it does that could realy give us a nice boost
  13. ARCHIVED-GoophBahll Guest

Alrighty =) I will do my best to explore this option then.

I will report back when I find out. Currently only have 4 banked AA. need 8 more before I can even touch Bladesing. But since this toon is going to be all speed spec'd it will be a learning experience =)

Thanks for all your assistance =)

Quikwind Silverwing.

quick way would be to respec ur aa for bladesing and see if it effects ur base selo's
  15. ARCHIVED-The_Rauk Guest

I support runspeed boost (sorry for being a bit late with posting, but I'm a troub so it is my job to be a slacker, ooh and I am too lazy to read the entire thread).

Odds level 70 slacker/troub member of Validus on Splitpaw server.
  16. ARCHIVED-GoophBahll Guest

Hey, I might try that. Would be some work to get back to other if im wrong is only issue i have. Dont know how much it costs to respec. Will report back =)
  17. ARCHIVED-Dwergux Guest

With 2 trees to the end ability, the max runspeed would be 41% ex j-boots (putting the 50th point in runspeed enhancement).
  18. ARCHIVED-cklab Guest

19. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

Gooph, Bladesing affects one song line only: our stat buff Harl's. It does not impact runspeed, or even our own self stat buff.
  20. ARCHIVED-GoophBahll Guest

*cries pathetically* Started STR string already =| I see a respec coming up =(

Thank you all very much for your feeback

Quikwind Silverwing