Runspeed Petition Proposal

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd, Nov 15, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Krooner Guest

Godstalk:

Yeah thats what I meant. Twas the end of a long day. Give us something unique if your not going to give us the speed we deserve. At the very least give OUR runspead something awsome like free action. Make in unhampered by any non combat slow effect. Let it stay up in stealth and invis and make our groups both stealthly and speeds. JUST something please.
  2. ARCHIVED-Salmastryon Guest

So my run speed question got picked for the stractics HoC tonight. The answer:

<Dymus> We're taking a look at the bard classes currently, in specific their run speed abilities, but also several other aspects of the classes to make sure that they are where they should be. I'm sorry I can't be specific on it right now but more detail will be forthcoming soon.

Cross those fingers everyone!
  3. ARCHIVED-Maylon Guest

more good news. my excitement continues to build. so why can't i get rid of this sinking feeling..?
  4. ARCHIVED-Kasar Guest

Maybe because the most recent "fixes" made druids faster than bards if spec'd correctly?

An AA boost to speed would be a popular option for bards that want to keep their messenger jobs and not have them taken by dogs and cats.
  5. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

This scares me as much as it makes me hopeful. Afterall, it took a post in the PvP forum before any dev even looked into or admitted there is a problem with Zander's with 55+ targets. And, in designing armor for bards the dev doing that thought bards should want high agility with little to no int. And they reduced the damage on a CA while giving it a daze that can't be used on epics but didn't give it any other boost to take it back to it's former point vs epics, just left it with the reduced damage.

So.... we'll get assessed, sure, but where they think we should be (and what we should be doing) might be heaps less than where we are now.

But... I've been, I will admit, a bit pessimistic lately...
  6. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Troub armor has int, lol.
  7. ARCHIVED-Kurizokun Guest

Haha! I'm glad they are finally doing something but [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn], one has to wonder.... do we get lucky or do we get screwed and then have to wait another year for someone to look at aspects of bards? LOL.
  8. ARCHIVED-Spider Guest

/crosses fingers
    heck if it was as simple as giving us our speed and making our self buff no conc slot ( and mebbie a small increase in overall ca/spell damage) id be as happy as a kid in a candy store with an unlimited expense account
    Message Edited by lspiderl on 12-13-2006 11:45 AM
  9. ARCHIVED-Krooner Guest

Still no love in the Test update notes.
  10. ARCHIVED-Salmastryon Guest

If there looking at Bards as a whole, I'm not expecting to see anything till LU 31 or 32.
  11. ARCHIVED-Android9 Guest

This post is probably WAY off topic, if so, feel free to poke fun at it.
    Translation: Ha ha ha HA ha ha haha ha ha ha... Now, seriously, were considering it *snicker*...

OK, that was uncalled for, but I'm a little bitter at times. That said, I'd love to be running a little faster. Personally I always thought nothing should be able to outrun a bard. in EQ1 we grouped with bards just so we could get to our destination faster. If that's not to be, I don't mind. I think it's too late to lower mount speeds, too many people would cry nerf.

Instead, I myself wouldn't mind seeing some new running animations, or even standing idle animations for bards. I mean if /mood happy makes my face happy, why not the rest of me? Skipping, or that silly "yellow brick road" step. (I can mocap it and send the data if you don't have a decent reference) Kind of "[expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]", I know, but done right I think a forced group "Macarennaâ„¢" is just what this game needs, right?

I mean if there's something EoF has taught me, it's that SoE is watching and copying some of Blizzards pop-culture humor style, I think it's time to take the whole bard class to the next level. I'm tired of just being a so-so DPSer with really good debuffs. If I could lean up against a tree and play my lute for a couple hours, I'd be a happy Iksar. Isn't it about time we got actual instrument items?

I'm going back to my troll cave. :)
  12. ARCHIVED-Krooner Guest

Yeah. Id almost be willing to wait to 32 if we dont get it in 30. 31 is too much like 13 and LU 13 Killed my guardian for MANY months to the point where I didnt enjoy playing him anymore.
  13. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

Playing him again? I remember your posts. I lost two guardians from my guild over that too, though they've since been... replaced. =)
    Anyhow, they mentioned 31 or 32 already in their posts, and 30 is WAAAY too late in the dev stage to get new balance stuff into. =)
  14. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

I wouldn't be surprised to see no changes until 33 or even 34. Not that it will require significant re-tooling of a whole system, just that it took them over a year to even notice -any- bug reports about Zander's.
  15. ARCHIVED-Lint26 Guest

33 or 34??? I'd get a mystic to give them a speed buff to get it moving a bit faster :smileytongue:
    Seriously, 33 or 34 would be March/April next year which isn't too far from the next expansion if they continue the 6 month trend they're supposedly following.
    I expect we'll probably get a few small tweaks over the coming months, but at least they're looking at it, which can only be positive (fingers crossed)
  16. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

Well the hats that were supposed to be finished for KoS... err, for Fallen Dynasty... err, before EoF REALLy... still aren't all here yet, so the possibility of a march time frame is all too scary-real. =) But, I have hope, and yea, even optimism.
  17. ARCHIVED-Krooner Guest

Naw I dont really adventure on him. He is a level 70 Provi though. He cooks for my Frog and my Rat so he has his uses. Its all about fun factor for me. I just hope they dont kill the fun. Even though I started my adventures in EQ2 as a guardian and was a guild MT for about a year I had a thing for the bards after grouping with some. So I leveled up my dirge and found him extremely fun to play. I threw myself into the class with a passion. I didnt pay any attention to the nay sayers.
    "Bards cant solo your gonna take a long time to level."
    Yeah Ok take a look at my history and see how fast I got to 50 soloing while playing a MT as well. I loved it when they made the change to our debuffs and took the conc slot off. Now istead of having to choose between group buffs and debuffs we could really shine. After LU13 and the demise of Guardian fun I started playing the from more. We had a great Zerk in the guild at that time and I would group with him on my Dirge. BAM Once the guild saw the value of the bards we had people trying to level up alts left and right. They loved the Buffs and the Manna regen for grinding. And of course they loved the SPEED. They loved being able to zip across zones from one instance to another, or when doing writs. Now we have a good set of bards. And as we sit on the eve of those formentioned changes I can only hope they dont change too much too fast. I hope that what ever content they decide to add and or change is well thought out and appropriate.
    Just remember SOE.
    Everytime you nerf a bard Innoruk kills a kitten.

Message Edited by Warbird1 on 12-14-2006 11:27 AM
  18. ARCHIVED-Salmastryon Guest

That's why I'm excited and anxious at the smae time. I hope they fix the central bugs and soem of the key issues, but on the other hadn I'm afraid of the dirge morphing into something that isn't what I fell in love with to play.
  19. ARCHIVED-Teilan Guest

10000% agree here. I remember in EQ1 some bards ran so fast it could almost make you sick if they decided to do a 180. I would love to run like that again/
    /signed
  20. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Since the statement was made about seeing if the bards are where -they- want them -and- when we were in the dialog with the dev (Mort) about armor designed for bards and he was floored that agi wasn't -our- most desired stat.. it does worry me. They've been, thus far, designing the acheivements and the bard armor to favour the kind of bards -they- see and they most likely designed them thinking they would be coveted by us. So, where we are -now- is not where they want us to be so, who's going to be the one changing perspective?

A line from Man of La Mancha:

"Whether the stone hits the pitcher or the pitcher hits the stone, it's still going to be bad for the pitcher."