Runspeed Petition Proposal

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd, Nov 15, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Siiiimon Guest

/signed

I have been wanting a run speed increase for ever!
  2. ARCHIVED-Daarom Guest

Yesterday a Small Fae Mystic sowed me (was not in Group) for 45% runspeed :( ... I was embarassed
  3. ARCHIVED-FatedByChance Guest

If bladesing was what you all thought it was, then every bard would have 8 points in it, since every buff is beneficial: thats there nature.
    A bit off topic but oh well, it may not increase runspeed but 8 points in bladesing can increase the final harl's buff in master 1 form from +90 strength and agility to +120ish strength and agility. :) depending on how important stats are for you.

For you info, courtesy of Solidus Snake.
  4. ARCHIVED-Jesterzzn Guest

Yea, that would suck. A couple days ago I was in a group and the Tank told me to turn off selo since the SoW from the warden was faster, and the selo animation was annoying. :smileymad:
  5. ARCHIVED-Spider Guest

thats just sad
  6. ARCHIVED-Irolas Guest

thats when you put hate buff on the warden >.>
  7. ARCHIVED-Stroicthe Guest

At least Harbinger's Sonnet stacks with SoW and the like :smileysad:

Personally I think a bard who decided to max out his runspeed AAs should have extreme runspeed, like 80% after Jboots. It is our trademark afterall.

I can dream I suppose.
  8. ARCHIVED-Maylon Guest

someone posted in another thread that bards should have the same AA multiplier (2.25) as rangers and druids. which would bring us from 34% with level 41 selo's (with harbingers) to 76.5%; 86.5 with jboots. I thought that was a little too extreme at first, but the more i think about it, the more it just seems right. it'd effectively make us 25% faster than druids, solely taking spells and AA's into account.
  9. ARCHIVED-Parthox Guest

Never write here....
    So tis with heavy FEET that
    I sign this petition with fervor
    A race, a race,
    One in which,
    I wish not to be beat

Melkor - Venekor - 26th Dirge
  10. ARCHIVED-Dwergux Guest

Now that is a good suggestion!
  11. ARCHIVED-G1Joe Guest

I support petition, and am really surprised there even needs to be one.

Bards = Speed, group and solo imo

All this crap about how we can be faster etc, even if we have a duration speed boost Id be happy.
  12. ARCHIVED-Kjeldan Trejir Guest

I dont think the rest of us bards will like hte idea of a booster skill. I mean cmon we are supposed to be THE fastest classes in norrath. Its a trait well known to everyone else. I want to know why a druid can sow faster than us. Sow used to be what... 25% back in the day.now they are faster than BARDS! cmon devs what were you thinking!
  13. ARCHIVED-serenader Guest

14. ARCHIVED-ZyNellan Guest

15. ARCHIVED-Spider Guest

persinaly its sad that other classes can now get faster than our max speed by lvl 14 so i think they should simply take away the upgrades to selos and give us he 34 speed one as our first and then add an upgrade to it at say 41 thats like 44 % or so then leave our aa's as is
  16. ARCHIVED-maiky Guest

17. ARCHIVED-juzam Guest

What? This thing hasn'r been closed yet? :D
    We can't even get a mod to close things here! lol
    In any case...I wanna be fast too :)
  18. ARCHIVED-Krooner Guest

You know I was thinking. If they dont WANT to give us a run speed upgrade then how about taking away the safe fall junk and putting something like:
    Removes 20% slow effects from Invis and Stealth slow effect. So that with 5 points in the art it totally removes the slow effects of stealth and invis.
    IMO that has more utility than a little reduction in falling damage.
    But honestly IM holding out for the selose speed upgrade that we deserve ! ! !
  19. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

To clarify: There is no slow effect on stealth anymore (and not for quite some time), it only suspends any movement speed enhancers while active. Take anyone in stealth and run right next to someone with no movement speed enhancement, and they will run equally fast.

I want my sneak speed to be faster (as is in the *description* of our speed and was supposed to be our extra effect like rogues got see sneak and predators got see invis (or vice versa there) when active, but they put the "suspends movement enhancements" verbiage in after they juggled all our sneaks around in LU13, and I suspect that broke it), but that's lower in my priority list of fixes.

I definitely want bards going faster, or at the very least spending AAs in an equivalent amount. =(

EDIT: Staying on topic.
    Message Edited by Godstalk on 12-11-2006 04:39 PM
  20. ARCHIVED-Smudgy67 Guest

"am well aware of its impact to solo gameplay when I made the change and have no intentions of having it give strength again. I'm looking at bard gameplay as a whole to look at boosting other areas, that will certainly more than make up for another strength buff.
    =============================================
    Jared Sweatt
    EverQuest II Spells, Achievements, and Gameplay

We have a response from a dev on a bard issue. Lets see what he plans for us.