Runspeed Petition Proposal

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd, Nov 15, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-ravenscale Guest

lol been playing a dirge from day 1 4th dirge to 50 3rd to 60 4th to 70 on my server 70ish to 70 world wide. i know i can respec and such i did i was sloted to be new dps dirge sence another wanted to be the MT dirge so i respeced to up the dps of group.
    i was a bard EQ1 as my alt full runspeed AA and drums of karana so i know what fast really was
  2. ARCHIVED-Pokeundi Guest

I play both a warden and a dirge.

I personally, would be fine without a new upgraded version of Selo's at a higher level. What I would like to see is our AA pts add more than a measly 0.8% or w/e it is to our group run speed. Considering druids get 5% per point, it's not asking much that we get a bit more per point.
  3. ARCHIVED-Thrashercat Guest

4. ARCHIVED-Chantweaver Guest

Run speed is such a hot topic becuase it is the only true thing that defined us as class. When you get down to it, it is a cosmetic issue(excpet indoors when I have been asked to turn it off more then turn it on. For me it is still what broke the camals back as far as getting upset about the DIRECTION of the class I have palyed for so many years. We need fixing like Chanters got a couple updates ago that had a bigger effect on bards then anyone cares to admit. Being a hybrid of some many other classes we get hit and never addressed when others are being fixed. The Ranger proc nerf effected us eminsly, not on purpose but it did. We just need some personal attention from the power at be.
  5. ARCHIVED-Windowlicker Guest

I'm happy to see this thread still alive. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this would be a great change.
  6. ARCHIVED-Salmastryon Guest

Oh guys I recently did soem looking backin the archives and this isn't the longest thread on the dirge forum ever yet. The longest was the old dirge issues thread which had 236 post. So maybe we could set a goal to beat that ;)

The more I think about this, the more I thinkthe real solution to this is to give us the next version of selo's. I definately do NOT think they should nerf the other classes. But, it really brings the whole thing home to me when the newbie ranger in the guild goes, I'm going to put 5 AA into path finding then I don't have buy a horse. I'm sure he would of teased me about hanging out with a bard if it wasn't for the fact that I went off on a rant about the whole thing in guild the other day. -.-

The whole issue has me very grumpy which is why I've not been posting a lot cause I tend to suck at editing myself atm. And, the people coming out of the woodworker to push their own issues and try to derail this thread just piss me off even more. That being said. i've never been part of the dev bashing scene and somewhere in my little grumpy cynical heart there is a small glimmer of hope that when they get finished taking care of some of the more pressing issues or maybe even now and we don't know about they are working on a solution. Either way I don't expect to see anything until the next LU. Fixing this would be to big of a thing for a hotfix.
  7. ARCHIVED-VericSauvari Guest

This is going to happen and I myself am guilty of doing just that. However as i am attempting to point out fixing bard runspeed to match other classes and starting a petition about it is just as important as starting a petition to change all the flowers in zone to purple while the zone causes people to LD every 5 minutes. In comparision its not that big of a deal to fix runspeed when as a whole the bard classes have some pretty serious flaws and issues. Some of us are trying to point out the root problem, that problem being the development team really does not know what the bard class needs...and they designed em! Take a look at the city raid armor thread..the armor designer had no clue what a bard needs armor wise. Thankfully that dev was willing to take feedback and put it into action.

(Oh and the dirge forum is so much more active then the troubadour forum..so we tend to lurk here quite often just unannounced)
  8. ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd Guest

Shades of Alien. Boy am I glad I'm a jeweler.
    Whysp
  9. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

And most dirges actually do like their troubie counterparts and want stuff that's good for them, too (unlike.. say.. wizards vs warlocks).

We're in this together, and besides you play the melody, we'll catch the descant and it will all sound good in the end.
  10. ARCHIVED-FatedByChance Guest

What? we like troubadours? since when? I musta missed that memo :p
    I thought I had a pretty nifty idea that they make one of our entertainment spells give us a banshee illusion, and tack a 10% speed increase onto it, like the crusader horses have. That would solve the issue of our lame-o entertainment spells AND the runspeed issue.
  11. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Yeah, it would, but that's not the thread for it.
  12. ARCHIVED-Salmastryon Guest

I've no issue with other classes post on our forum. And way ack when when someon posted the troubado bashing post I reported it. I'm truely sorry if I came across this way. I think I need to take a break from the forums until tonight. I'm too wound up about things today and am coming out confrontational.

Though on a final parting note. If you want to talk about how the bard class is broken or whatever start another thread. i'll be there to disagree with ya. ;)
  13. ARCHIVED-Dimera Guest

...I just got back, and I may be leveling a dirge. ... but even if I don't, this set of circumstances is a travesty. I played a Druid in EQ1, and I loved my speed--but like every other self-respecting druid, I gave it up for the bards, because the bards were the kings. It was the order of things. It was right.

So long as there is Harm Touch, Lay on Hands, Lich, Feign Death, and Symbol, there should be Selo's.

What is SOW? A trifle! A substitute. Second-rate. Such it has always been. I rolled a druid knowing that he got many things, and among them a handy little speed buff--but even then, on day one, I knew that if I wanted to be fast--really fast--the route to go was bard, second to none.

The franchise is built on certain things, and while I think the lot of us recognize that some of them are abandoned, for better or for worse, I see no harm--none whatsoever--in preserving the fundamental truth that in Norrath, the bards are speed personified.

The wizard/warlock should have the hardest-hitting nuke in the game. (Even further than that, I would arguably go so far as to say that Ice Comet, or some variant thereof, should be the heaviest PC-controlled damage incident in the game.)
    The guardian/berserker should have the highest mitigation in the game.
    These things are true because the lore of the game says that they ought to be--and if something comes along and disproves them, then something must be changed. Likewise:
    The bard should be the fastest runner in the game.

The developers of this game owe a debt to the legacy that preceeds them, and a duty to preserve a level of order that transcends trivial class balance. Chief among that order is the place of bards in the world. the place of the messengers. the place of the travelers.

So whatever it takes, set it right.

Message Edited by Dimera on 11-30-2006 05:10 PM
  14. ARCHIVED-FatedByChance Guest

How is this not the thread for that? I discussively solved the runspeed issue. I just killed two birds with one stone.
  15. ARCHIVED-Kjeldan Trejir Guest

I am in full support of the increase to speed. Even as a young bard I am already being out run by other classes on mounts lower than my level. A quicker speed would be very grateful to have when getting to my party for help during the hardships of PvP or when someone suddenly drops on the party and they need a helping hand with some help to the melees on the front line.

/signed
  16. ARCHIVED-Vincenzo Guest

I think its a shame the way that Selo's has become so diluted. Seeing a bard whizz past should be something. It should make you think "gosh that's fast". Unfortunately, with the current state of things, it doesn't.

During my mid thirties people could run just as fast as me on their vendor bought horses, and now that my guild has reached 60 people are buying the new horse which is faster than even level 41 selo's.

What's scary is how many classes get uber run buffs in this game.

A level 37 ranger was running to the group yesterday, and he made the comment that "I'm so glad I'm a scout. 69% sprint, weeee". The comment made me feel inadequate so I didn't even ask him for clarification, however that's more runspeed than I will ever see.

A very disappointed dirge,
  17. ARCHIVED-Azmodiaz Guest

Every day when I log in, I get tells from all over the guild immediatly. Literally 15-20. Wanna know what they say?

"Hey Alesis, wanna race?"

It makes me sick.....
  18. ARCHIVED-Jesterzzn Guest

I haven't post to this board in something like a year or more, but yesterday I was passed by a gaurdian almost half my level on his fancy twink horse. Grrrr. First, I have no problem what so ever with other classes being able to use AAs to match our speed. If they want to waste their AA points in order to be more bardie, more power to em. However, it should also be our option to use our AAs to increase our speed beyond anything any pet or non-bard speed buff can provide. Why? Becuase its what we pride ourselves on, its the only true class ID we all pretty much agree on, and its just bardie to be fast. Not just fast, but [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] I wish I was fast like him fast.

They didn't give us intruments. They changed up the song weaving on us. And now they make us unable to compete in the fastest class in town contest. Hey, like I said, if I just didn't want to be as fast as a Warden with max SoW upgrades, that's my choice. But I should have the choice.

Nuff, said.
  19. ARCHIVED-trout Guest

IMO a Lvl 70 bard with AA's speced toward runspeed should be as fast as the fastest mounts available. The addition of Jboots should make them 10% faster.

Any other lvl 70 class with AA's speced toward runspeed should be as fast as a lvl 70 bard with no AA's in runspeed. The addition of Jboots should make them 10% faster.

As I see it runspeed is a class defineing ability and nobody should do it better than a maxed out bard.

The longer this game is out the more conveluted the classes seem to get. MMO's survive due to the relationships players forge with our characters and other players. It is the differences in these charcaters that form the bonds, not the similarities. If everyone could do everything equally well you might as well just shut it down and go play a FPS on your PS3 or Xbox 360. I've already seen too much dumbing down of this game. WoW already caters to the lowest common denominator. You (the policy makers at SOE) can't go head to head with them and win. Feed higher on the tree, aim for a more sophisticated gamer. We are here, we have money, and we want to spend it on your game. Please learn form the mistakes that were made in SWG.
  20. ARCHIVED-Shadowinajar Guest

good post trout.

Im must agre very in the points that AA should make chars more unique and not more
    greymass