PvP players want PvP

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Priest41, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Google translater lol I just thought it was dark rambling on agian.
  2. Priest41 Member

Who cares how I write and what I write, the main thing that the players understand the essence, that's it! You're talking about a tantrum is a tantrum you, if you're so clever!
  3. Ishtara Well-Known Member

There is no Russian section of this forum, if he wants to communicate with Daybreak about his hopes for the future of the game, he has to do it here. He is clearly very passionate about this topic or otherwise he wouldn't go through the trouble of trying to get a translation for his views. If he doesn't use a translator how else will he convey this message? There are at least two other posts about PvP in the General section, one requesting an event server and one about Battlegrounds. If this thread does not meet a person's needs they can post in either of those or make a new thread if it's a separate PvP topic. However requesting to lock a thread and mocking someone for using a translator seems really tasteless to me. I also don't feel that a person should be silenced just because their views or methods are different than mine, otherwise it is no longer a discussion. This is the last I will say about this specifically because it is bordering on off topic.

Me too, Kander's post was the best news I have read here all year, I can't wait. :)
  4. Ishtara Well-Known Member

lol If it was Dark there would be some song titles in there :p
  5. Feldon Well-Known Member

So... you've been playing since birth.
    It's not a matter of want. It would take an army of devs balancing all the spells, gear, etc. Also they would need to do server polls. Last time they did a bunch of changes based on what a vocal minority on the forums said, it actually made things worse. The problem with using the forums is, a few PvP folks have an agenda to make the game worse so they can do better. Polls are the only way.
    Kittybock and Dude like this.
  6. Prayos Well-Known Member

Thankgod you foundthe spacebar.
    Kittybock, Lojaak and Feldon like this.
  7. Priest41 Member

Why am I saying all this! Besides that, it's not too late for DB and other gaming companies! Had this kind of situation! There are Pve servers! But there is no Pvp! I say, to the fact that players can play on Pvp servers! I tell the idea to make Pve servers into Pvp! PvE players to learn to Pvp and they tell you to make a fixed gear! Next: when the players will play together Pve and Pvp players they will learn in this game and how to do balance! But Pve servers, this is nonsense!
  8. Priest41 Member

:)
  9. Priest41 Member

For EverQuest need advertising!
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

For great justice!
    Kittybock likes this.
  11. Justbecause Active Member

The whole leveling system broke PvP. If you go back to when threads were all over the place to help create deathtoll most people wanted the content to stop at a certain point and never move. This must be max level and end content was not best for the fate of the server. I truly don't think it would really require too much work to set it and forget it. You only have to correct what is there, not ever expansion that is released every couple of months. It was an undertaking that I don't think they have the staff for. Not saying they couldn't ever do it just with the time constraints of unlocked content. If it will ever have a chance again it has to lock at a low level to keep the work load down or be something unique that can function off of what is already in the game. In a way I feel for them. Imagine you are being tasked to fix all of these problems and in a month or 2 new content with new problems comes to light. For now with low level there is very little that has to be changed and you can do a spin off with a good reward system to encourage others to try it. Best plan for attack IMO if given a shot.
  12. Prayos Well-Known Member

All your justice belong to PvP!
  13. Monotone Active Member

Threads on a daily basis wanting PvP back it like beating a dead horse. They tried to bring it back. It failed again. So many games have a great PvP system, while EQ2 not so much. All the years of PvP servers all I ever saw reading threads was. "OMG I keep getting killed by InsertClassHere because they keep InsertOPSAbilityHere. Nerf THEM because only I should be able to be OP!"
  14. Justbecause Active Member

Lol because that doesn't happen in PvE ever...........:rolleyes:
    Ishtara likes this.
  15. Monotone Active Member

No where near the level of it in PvP. Most the PvE ones I see is because bad players and they want an I WIN ability to top a parse. How many things or abilities got nerfed on PvE servers due to PvP. Way too many to list!
  16. Justbecause Active Member

And the fact that they carried over if also the players fault I assume. Its the player mentality. The everyone should be equal or in a tier system that is based solely on opinion. There is an equal amount if not more on PvE. You are on a server where necro's were tanking better than tanks. Should that not be fixed even if it would affect another server? I agree that some abilities are a little over the top but nerfing is quite a bit different from adjusting.
  17. Monotone Active Member

Yup and we said from the moment we seen how OP Necros were vs tanks that Necros could be nerfed some, but to buff tanks. Tanks were never really buffed though. Instead mobs were nerfed, and HP was added to a 7 set no tank on the server has. That nerf though did not affect the live servers as it was only an issue on TLE.

Some of the things I talking about are more along the line of mount nerfs, and things of that nature due to PvP servers.

To me at this point as I see it outside of what they may do with BGs PvP is dead in this game. I don't see them bringing it back at all in an open world context.
  18. Priest41 Member

My dear friends! I want to suggest that deybrik company! As in many game projects! on PvE servers, there is a team / pvp, it means that the person wants or does not want to PvP, but the fact is that if he has activated this command, let him be no immunity! To then PvP players can play on PvE server! I do suggest, that's what all the PvE server to make PvP server! I give 100% guarantee that the PvE players will play and PvP players will play! Understand that we need like-minded team that will work for the balance of the game! Slowly, but surely work!
  19. Justbecause Active Member

Exactly! no change to live meant no complaints right?! Sounds like it would have worked perfectly fine with the system in place now. Just because you have the idea of how it used to be doesn't mean it can't change or function on the new changes or even temporarily. If they only made those changes to TLE it was for a reason. Everything was designed for PvE and implemented into PvP. So you would really be naive enough to think that if it was specifically designed for PvP it couldn't work? This is the problem with the nay sayers in these threads. They are going off of the previous servers. One of which could not adapt due to changes carrying over to live and the other due to new mechanics being used on old content (which you experience and will continue to experience on TLE). You seem content with going on knowing these changes on TLE won't ever meet your standards but yet you try to use the same curve ball on a group of people who just want something to do other than fill a raid with 12 necro's. Sorry man I don't TLE but I also don't go to your threads bashing it. Stay on topic please.
  20. Ishtara Well-Known Member

I agree to the extent that there will likely be no successor to Nagafen (at least not in the near future), but I don't think an event/temp. server is off the table since that seems to be the new favorite thing. PvP only games have been very successful for other gaming companies but usually in the form of team matches/BG style play. I really like both and they each have a unique appeal so ideally EQ2 would have both but BGs is what they have committed to and I will take that. :)