PvP players want PvP

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Priest41, Aug 12, 2016.

1. rutro Well-Known Member

They need to have whole new character classes and server. Make it a little more stream lined and have better PVP reward systems.....take out fast travel and force people to PVP. If you dont want to PVP you dont play PVP. Also- have it to where the other faction can actually take over Freeport or Q....maybe a start?
  2. Trifonicx Member

What color is the sky in this reality of which you speak. Skeleton crew devs and most servers struggling to keep 100 lvl 100's at peak time, and you want to stop, create a new completely different rule set and content.

Dark age of camelot is calling your name and soon probably camelot unleashed. Beating the dead eq2 pvp horse is good for salt and that is about it. :D YMMV
    Dude likes this.
  3. Justbecause Active Member

Nothing against what you said because a lot of people are taking the same stance. I get it. PvP as in the sense of Nagafen and Deathtoll is gone. It was neglect that put the nail in the coffin. I have stated before about the players and how that went down yada, yada, yada. I don't expect another one of those servers because that doesn't make sense in the grand scheme of things. I think that
    1. You update BG's get some players back. There are some very small things that turned players away such as matchmaking, Balance of Theer map (strategy), and the level tiers. Get some interest back into it. As far as BG's goes you don't have to add anything ground breaking. Maybe add a merchant with the fabled heroic armor with resolve on it in the hub so PvE people have an alternative to getting the right piece of armor they want. I think that is pretty fair and just enough now that we are close to November.
    2. In the update with BG's for the expac add new maps and new game types. Add a free for all or something that isn't so dependent on forming teams. Leave some individual efforts since some enjoy that part too. BG's was successful when the gear was an alternative. It will have to be this way again to draw people to it. This does not mean make it equal to raid gear.
    3. Have a PvP EVENT (sorry for the bold) server. Do not, I repeat do not make a full live server. I personally don't care for another Deathtoll or Nagafen. The same old thing will do the same old thing it has done in the past. Make this something unique. I have seen good suggestions from Satyr with an all exile system, one for a 4 Zone system, and many others. The 3 faction, level up, with the safe zones, mounts, all the crap that allows for running and hiding needs to never be introduced again. It's PvP not Player hiding/chasing Player. Make people fight, give them next to no option to safe guard themselves. Make it interesting. Let players drop loot/items other than vendor trash so they have a reason to try to get it back. Leave the game set to the early stages and tweak it while there isn't much to adjust. I can see tons of ways for one of these servers to draw in the masses.
    This order should work for watching the ball roll. The others begging for a straight live server will go unheard. Thankfully we are all on the same page with that.

Real PvP players want legit play. The exploiters and cheat engine players want advantages. If you take away their advantages they can't destroy your game. I don't have to explain what they did because they have been suspended/banned. The CSR's/GM's know about them and can relay the evidence to the devs if they don't already know. I know this must sound crazy to some people but BG's isn't the PvP "fix" but its a stepping stone if they want to get it going again.
  4. Justbecause Active Member

They may be a fraction of what they used to be but they are releasing GU 101 very shortly after GU 100, 2 brand new servers, implementing a whole new stat and a whole new merchant with rewards. Sounds to me like they are plenty able to stir something up after the bugs get worked out from the expac. I am not sure why the live server is the only option in some people's eyes. We understand what happened to Naggy and Deathtoll.
  5. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

PvP in this game was fantastic when it received the developer attention it deserves. Some of my best memories of this game are rolling on Nagafen and Battlegrounds. These game devs have always let PvP go sour and die off... not sure why. The Maj'Dul arena and dueling was already dead by the time Nagafen launched, then Nagafen got to the point everyone just rides around on a "griffin" or leaping mount refusing to risk losing any fame. And they let the BGs rot for a solid year before they updated it with a broken frozen tundra. That's when I quit, but I see the PvP servers are gone, my guild is gone... BGs (and the arena for that matter) are still broken, unused, and unloved by any EQ2 developer.

To add insult to injury, when I came back to the game (now on a blue server with an empty guild), I had the letter "Z" appended to my name, and inventory overflowing with a million old items from christmas past.
  6. Bestexwife New Member

[IMG]
    Raff and Dude like this.