PvP players want PvP

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Priest41, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Justbecause Active Member

I don't consider Deathtoll an attempt. It was released knowing that the mechanics wouldn't be there and for whatever reason people assumed they would be and left when they found out otherwise. The other PvP servers stayed up for a long time, far longer than IOR will ever see. So your definition of 'belly up' is quite a bit out of context. I'm happy you got your free trade server and were happy to defend it no matter what, but seriously don't make yourself look bad by trying to shame others requests for a sever/play style. Stick to what you are passionate about and don't worry about us.
    Ishtara likes this.
  2. Ishtara Well-Known Member

Me too, btw if you look for a Battlegrounds thread a few pages back, Kander said they do have plans for BGs but no official date. /DyingOfAnticipation
  3. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

The opposition to a PvP server is related to many things, not the least of which was the fact that the old pvp servers ended up contention filled board war angry newbie killing train wrecks. There was an overall aura of troll meets anger issues in many of the threads and server interactions. It didn't gel well with the overall eq2 environment, and it's intensity was off putting. (Not an opinion I dreamed up on my own, people said the pvp boards are off putting).

Now to be clear...I am not against pvp. I've spent more time in PvP games than in non PvP games. The bitter volume of complaints I saw here durong the pvp server days surpassed my expectations and experiences on other PvP games. It seemingly was endless accusations of cheaters bots unfair nerfs gear issues class imbalances and within a few posts, flaming was so so common. All that dissatisfaction? It came across as very heavy in terms of mod and dev attention and time.

Perhaps DB will embrace pvp. I don't know. I like choices for gamers, and PvP is a beloved choice for some folks. I am not sure DB is wanting to tackle the challenges of reintroduction of PvP. It had issues with player mechanics and a lot of reports of abuse of game mechanics. It is not a simple thing to load and go. As we prepare for the next GU and expansion I cannot fathom the team is pondering pvp, though. My sincere condolences to those that miss pvp. It sucks to have a hobby you love taken away. I think we can all agree on that, at least.
    Prissetta and Justbecause like this.
  4. Justbecause Active Member

We essentially had the Call of Duty crowd. 12-17 year old kids throwing F bombs and racial slurs. Luckly the majority of them have moved on to other games. I don't expect a PvP server to show up anytime soon. But I would at least like to hope that the crowd who ruined it all won't care to come back and do so again. The team is not big enough to cover the amount of BS that was going on all day everyday. But yes BG's will be getting some updates before and with the expansion, which I thank Kander for that. I hope we can get something going again because lately the ethereal quests are draining my excitement.
    Ishtara and Prissetta like this.
  5. Raff Well-Known Member

For the slang challenged "Belly Up" means out of service or dead. Since I don't see a single active pvp server in the current roster of servers, then the term is appropriate.

Now you may not like the fact that a pvp server is no longer included. Again, that is your opinion.

But given the limited resources of DBC? IMO...its a waste of time and resources that could otherwise extend the life of the far more popular pve game.
    Kittybock, Heijo and Prissetta like this.
  6. Justbecause Active Member

Ok you voiced your opinion already you are accounted for. Now that you and one other have shown that you are in fact not the majority on these threads feel free to go back to worrying about you IOR server where your input has weight and is helpful/constructive.
  7. Raff Well-Known Member

I don't think I will. Pretty sure there is nowhere a stated rule where opposing opinions are not allowed on a given thread.
  8. Justbecause Active Member

Other than an opinion what other facts/suggestions are you willing to offer then?
  9. rutro Well-Known Member

IMO- the only real way to do PVP now days is to make new classes and races just for PVP- and implement a server that has its own rule set....period
    BulletCatcher66, Heijo and Priest41 like this.
  10. Priest41 Member

I agree with you friend!
  11. Justbecause Active Member

Granted that would take a good bit of time but I could get behind that one. Incentive for people on live to try it with new stuff they normally wouldn't have access to. You honestly don't even need AA's unless you keep the number of classes down. The other thing that would be of interest in this category would be to use the NPC's as the pvp choices. You can run around as Zarrakon or Trak, or even an Avatar. Doesn't have to carry the full weight of the name but just as an appearance and lore thing. That way they don't have to design new models unless of course they want to then I am open to see what they have in mind.
  12. Brightlyz Active Member

PvP in this game has been complete garbage for years before they finally dumped it, why would you want that pile of garbage back? Locking the server at lvl 50 doesn't change anything, they tried that already and it was still complete garbage.
    Heijo likes this.
  13. Justbecause Active Member

Offer up something different then please. You know what made it bad, so what would you suggest to make it temporarily functional. Keep in mind that there has to be something that will bring more people on for it. At this point to me it doesn't even have to be reminiscent of the previous version. If it does come back it would most likely be an event server with a short life span anyhow.
    Priest41 likes this.
  14. Brightlyz Active Member

No i dont want it back, not even a little bit. Would much rather the Dev time be put into fixing the current game as it is now.
    Kittybock and Heijo like this.
  15. Priest41 Member

Do you understand now you can do it is first to level 50! let all bring to the working stage, and then you can already access the beta at level 60! Not through the voting system! They first had to bring to mind the 50 level! Classic content! Then you can bring to mind a level 60! And it all really! If DB to learn how to listen to the players!
  16. Justbecause Active Member

Well hope you get the corrections you are looking for. I know that a bunch of us understand that there are time constraints for the server but we will keep tossing ideas to get something that works with little time invested hopefully.
    Priest41 likes this.
  17. Priest41 Member

Let's not there to shout! No, we don't want a new Pvp server! I just can say that there were a lot of mistakes, which allowed daybreak!
  18. Priest41 Member

I really wanta Pvp server, just to be sure itwas good quality!
  19. Priest41 Member

Daybreak in the beginning had to do to bring back the old stats, the power was given to all damage, melee, agility, energy, evasion, stamina, health, wisdom, increase resists, intellect increasing damage spells!
  20. Priest41 Member

Daybreak in the beginning had to do to bring back the old resists, poison, disastrous, divine, magic, heat, cold, and mental!