PvP players want PvP

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Priest41, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Dude Well-Known Member

I disagree with your premise. The game isn't tanking. Is the game as strong as it was on day one? Of course not, but that doesn't mean it's tanking. Also, you'll notice that there are still quite a few PvE servers. That's because, while the population isn't as big as it was on day one, there is still a strong PvE player base. Can that be said for the PvP player base? I see calls for a PvP server, but I also have seen multiple PvP servers close. I get that there are some passionate PvP players, but that doesn't seem to equate to being enough players to support the creation of yet another PvP server.
    Crastinal and Kittybock like this.
  2. Justbecause Active Member

Quite a few PvE servers? Are we playing the same game? As a US player 4 is not quite a few. Because the others are specialty servers that were never there before I don't count them. You remember how many original PvE servers there were? Now compare to PvP. Don't do the server limbo with me man. There is no base when you have maybe around 50-80k players (Its acutally less than the true number because of how many botters run around). I know F2P games/apps on steam/cell phones for kids with more members than this game has. Try to imagine someone turning your PvE server into farmville and everyone leaves because its not what they want. You want it to revert back but because of advancements in the game it can never fully go back. Believe me we as PvPers acknowledge it can't go back. I am asking for anything resembling it even if its something new. Going on here to shut us down because a couple a players got ******** about being killed so they had to go use 3rd party resources to give them an edge is crazy. Beg for this server and that server and you got some. How many are on IoR? I would bet PvP would at least equal that if not have more.
  3. Raff Well-Known Member

There are more people on IoR than PvP's seen in years.
    Kittybock likes this.
  4. Justbecause Active Member

I would like to see evidence of this claim. I did make a bet iirc.
  5. Raff Well-Known Member

The server is still going and the pvp server is not?
    That guy., Dude and Kittybock like this.
  6. BulletCatcher New Member

Already did a PvP server with Deathtoll. Im not sure how a new server would be any different what DT already tried / accomplished. I just don't see it.
    Dude and Kittybock like this.
  7. Justbecause Active Member

Not trying to get another DT repeat. Event servers seem to be the new thing ya?
  8. Kittybock Well-Known Member

The Isle of Refuge is going strong after 2 months. Positive move for Daybreak! I left TLE PVP after, umm, 1 month and it was already a corpse. I love seeing Daybreak focus on the positive!!

EQ2 does a brilliant job on PVE, stunning world, well done. Love it! Played PVP in other games, tried Nagafen and the TLE PVP server. PVP does not seem a good fit with the EQ2 player base, IMHO.

I do not miss the toxic nature of PVP threads.
    Dude likes this.
  9. Justbecause Active Member

Server launched in July 2015 and didn't see downfall until early 2016. So I would assume your 1 month didn't happen until the end anyway for you to call it a corpse. I think PvP fits the game just fine actually. There are 2 variables that keep it from prospering beyond the length of time it takes the same players to dismantle it. Notice how I said the same players. They came back to do the exact same thing that tore Nagafen down and guess what happened. Neither SoE or DBG handled the situation. They merely took a backseat to watch it cave in on itself. Which is very strange since they have aggressively been trying to stop 3rd party programs here as of late. Too little too late. Had this attempt been there earlier on Nagafen there would have been no need for a Deathtoll server. Nor would there have been a mass exodus off of AB. Go watch the H1Z1 videos about the cheaters crying and whining to get their accounts back. Had it been handled like that I would think PvP would still be around.
    Meneltel likes this.
  10. Priest41 Member

Understand and listen to! PvE game, it will not last long, because it will need a PvP game! I told how to do! 1. All servers do PvE PvP server! 2. Make permanent advertising! (Whether old or new, this game) 3. Players And after advertising, they will come (for example old let go, but new come) But the old players will! You see, when there is advertising in the game, there is a conveyor belt, and the players will be coming!
  11. Priest41 Member

4. When the new players will come into play, PvE game can not exist without the PVP and PVP as the game can not exist without the PvE game! I can say more than that EQ2, without PvP die completely in 1-2 years!
  12. Deathtognomes New Member

Just say NO to PVP. However say yes to PVGnomes! BBQ grilled for the masses!
    Dude and That guy. like this.
  13. Deathtognomes New Member

what are you smoking? ROFLCOPTERS!
  14. Trifonicx Member

its been proven a couple times that pvp just wouldn't stick. I'm not sure what ko'd it this last time, but it was pretty miserable for a couple of months before they put that dog down.

Maybe a BG league. /shrug
  15. Crastinal Active Member

I didn't read the whole thread, maybe it was pointed out by someone else before but I find amusing statements like

when Battlegrounds are absolutely empty.
    I mean, all those hardcore PVP players could get their daily fix of PVP in game right now, and yet somehow nobody comes to the playground to play. Because reasons.
    Dude likes this.
  16. Justbecause Active Member

-
    Think about the player base in the game right now. Think about where the players are vs. where the rewards are and reread your comment. They announced updates coming already to BG's. So if there are worthwhile rewards you might just see the daily fix coming back into the picture.
    Trifonicx likes this.
  17. Dude Well-Known Member

I suggest you rethink that. If the PvP players only come back for rewards, then it's doomed from the outset. Sure PvE players like rewards, but improving gear is only for the purpose of progression. What's the progression in PvP? If it's better gear, then the gap between the haves and have nots widens, people quit, and PvP dies ... again. If it's titles or appearance stuff, is that really a draw? The draw for any type of player has to be a good play experience. I don't think the PvP players will really be satisfied with an updated BGs. I think the PvP players want open world PvP, but that had died several times now. What is your suggestion?
    Avahlynn likes this.
  18. rutro Well-Known Member

I agree that the same Nag Heads ruined yet another server. LOL! It started out with experienced Nag Heads grouping to gank potential (future) PVP players while they were harvesting or just questing. This was all due to the ability for them to get titles. The ONLY reason the game lasted over a month is because the people that ganked people for titles were not interested in doing anything but sitting in town to protect it. What does this say to me- it says that they are not crap 1vs1. Also, fast travel, guild halls....etc. etc.
    Justbecause likes this.
  19. Kalashar New Member

Complaining about Blizz on here? Really? Over something that ridiculous? If that killed wow for you, I suggest you go back. Wow doesn't really mix pve and pvp. Wow does a great job with balance and pvp--something that EQ never did. Wow has thriving communities of both pvp and pve-ers. Blizz dudes don't jump every time someone complains about getting killed in pvp--more likely, they see a thousands if not millions of the same complaint, test it, and agree or disagree. I had one of every class at max lvl when max was 100, and there weren't any classes that i couldn't raid effectively with. I was only good with certain classes in pvp, but that was my weakness as a player, not the weakness of the classes with which I sucked.

What killed wow for me: 1. Constant treadmilling...the inability of game designers to provide meaningful top end content and competition without more levels, more gear, same ol' same ol' over and over again. 2. kiddie graphics which were ok for awhile got old. I like EQ2 models much better, although I wish they'd stick with the alternative appearances--the old ones in EQ1 were not necessarily worse...but in EQ2, the new models are all better imho. 3. boring AND overcomplicated combat system. Best thing about EQ2, characters actually look like they're fighting. 4. meaningless factions and classes. 5. troll players--punks 6. leetist douchebaggy types who acted like they were great when they really weren't. (there are some SICK players, and I do understand the high-end, play-time-restricted guilds and multi glads and t1 pvpers--had some partners who were that caliber). 7. stupid time travel story line. 8. just sheer burnout over the tedium. It was like a 2nd job. Will try to avoid that here--going to try to stick to one top-end char.
  20. Crastinal Active Member

So. When I started playing EQ2 the motto of the publisher then used to be "play it your way".
    And EQ2 is so flexible that players really can manage to play an MMO they way they see fit. Adventurers adventure, crafters craft, soloers solo, raiders raid, and so on.

PVP players are passionate about PVP and want PVP back. Well... kinda.

Aaahn. So it's not bring back PVP, it's more like bring back specific PVP mechanics and buffs and itemization, disregarding that the dev team is a fraction of what it used to be when PVP was first implemented.
    Because reasons.

I mean, if it's about the player versus player part of PVP, Battlegrounds are still a thing. And take notice: if nobody plays on it for a long time, it's going away like the other iterations of PVP. But if the issue is "I demand an alternative reality where AoM and ToT have PVP implemented", I'm sorry but it's dead Jim. Let it go.
    Trifonicx likes this.