Pre-Order EverQuest II: Chains of Eternityâ„¢ Today!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Dexella, Oct 16, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-ChrissyFaey Guest

You guys might want to amend all the times Age of Discovery has been called an Expansion as opposed to a 'Feature Pack' such as the official release posts, wiki, and various sponsored sites.
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=509032
    and
    http://www.everquest2.com/news/arti...011&id=5071

etc...
    I believe Splitpaw and Mara were also a Feature Pack that was included in later expansion releases. Seems to me that Age of Discovery shouldn't be excluded? There was also a Collector's Edition of Age of Discovery ... Collector's Edition 'Feature Pack'? ... I'm pretty sure you guys considered this an expansion up until last week. Just trying to figure out what's going on.
    At least drop all the marketplace items from both bundles and include clothes, mounts, or houses. :(
  2. ARCHIVED-Tyrus Dracofire Guest

DoF's pre-release cost at 29.95 compared to CoE's 59.95?
    DoF got more stuffs and loaded for 10 more levels compared to CoE for miserly 3 new levels and more expensive with same old SC items that was available for long time, then why they are on those stuffs that we dont need, we can still buy them on SC.
    these are not new stuffs. just another recycled consumables.
    where are the "prestige" new house zone?
    by the way, STOP making excuses! and NO to those "part 2, part 3" update patches that we been experienced with DoV's split patches instead of "Full-Blown" one-deal expansion?
    DoV still feel lot of areas missing that should be there long time ago, i dont think Skyshrine is final part, there few more still missing. i assumed that "Azure Spire Islands" by other name, might be high up in the sky similar to KoS theme but more frozen everfrost theme in the sky.
    by the way, what is announced date of launching CoE?
  3. ARCHIVED-Hirofortis Guest

Arcos@Splitpaw wrote:
    I clasify it as garbage becasue it is a potion. If you read it says 1 - 6 hour 100% xp. It is nothign more than a normal potion that lasts 6 hours. after that it is gone. Thus Garbage.
  4. ARCHIVED-Hirofortis Guest

Hey I got a great ideo for your SOE. How about you put all the old expansions on SC when they have been out a year. That is the only way you will see me buy any of them for my kids. And why should you care at that point. At least you get soemthing for them.
  5. ARCHIVED-Mystikreign Guest

Hirofortis wrote:
    That is an awesome idea. I think more people would be willing to come back or get them for kids or for secondary accts, if this was made possible. If only SOE will listen.
  6. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

Tyrus@Butcherblock wrote:
    We are still missing the Siren's Grotto, which I thought was said was going to be in DoV content.
  7. ARCHIVED-pixiepuff12 Guest

Torryn@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    THIS!! Wow..
  8. ARCHIVED-kenmei071 Guest

well these boards didn't exist since the last time I posted (freeport player). You broke me off from this game when you released AoD and reneg'd the promise made of 'every expansion but last for free'. Especially the part where you kept us in the dark until AoD's release...classy move.
    Your promise then was a new plan of 'all future content would be free' and all future expansions would be like AoD, defined as 'feature packs'.
    So what is it now? You have my attention, I looked and low and behold, you're charging for content, lol.
    but wait, ok, all content is free if you buy this expac... but not AoD, and the merc cannot be used without an AoD purchase. So essentially $100 to get up to date? That was the price for being up to date last go around and why so many of us left.
    So, I went to EQ1 for it's ftp release after you broke our hearts here, only to find you release a f2p eq1 without gear unlockers, why? Why would you continue to alienate your playerbase with shady practices and just not be up front, give a good deal and get the most out of a happy playerbase? Seriously, you haven't changed in any way, Planetside 2 is destined to be the same obviously.
    Just do the right thing, but for some reason, you can't! Well, good luck with that. So many opportunities lost by SOE, and only yourselves to blame.
  9. ARCHIVED-Moldylocks Guest

Torryn@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    When its a side-by-side comparison like that, you really have to shake your head and wonder what they are trying to pull. Really, a bunch of SC consumables? I can't see anyone justifying the extra cash payment for such an enemic CE, merc or not.

Well, there is nothing compelling here for me. Pass.
  10. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

I mentioned this in another thread on this subject, but figured I'd drop my few copper here as well.
    Since the merc needs to have AoD to even be used, why not have AoD included in the CE version only? It really does not make sense to offer this on the CE yet not have what it needs to work. It's like someone buying a car only to not have the keys or the distributor cap missing. Yeah, you have the nice shiny item, but you can't do anything with it.
  11. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

I'm sure starting tomorrow, people at SoE Live will be commenting on it.
  12. ARCHIVED-Orionza Guest

I rarely post on the forums but had to for this. Both my sister and I were planning on buying a Collector's Edition copy for the first time this time. I missed several previous ones and am still kicking myself that I didn't buy the CE with the Lavastorm house. I was really looking forward to owning my first CE with this game.
    But then, I saw we are not getting a house in this CE. Now both of us don't want to buy it. Even the preorder standard edition is so very light. One other person on our server also mentioned they had wanted to get the CE for the first time this time, but if there were no additions made to it, would not be purchasing it.
    I was very disappointed when I saw the inclusions in this expansion, and so were others. I won't be buying it unless a home is added. A lot of us are careful what we buy these days and we need to see some real added value when spending any extra money or we just don't buy.
    Thank you for your consideration!
  13. ARCHIVED-Pakhet Guest

Moldylocks wrote:
    For me, every other CE has been passable because I don't care about houses, or house items, house pets, etc. I don't decorate. I have 10+ mounts already, don't care much about a mount with no stats. The merc however, does tempt me, if they'd release some info on it that is. :(
  14. ARCHIVED-Synj Guest

What other sources will be offering a digital version? i.e. Amazon, Gamestop.. etc.

If I can't pay for it at a my local store, I would like to at least be able to purchase it via a source I trust with my credit card information.
  15. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

Ryptide@Permafrost wrote:

I have paid via cc for years with SoE with no problem.
  16. ARCHIVED-Moiya Guest

STILL waiting to hear when preorder ends, so I can make up my mind for sure wat I'm getting even though we are still getting screwed on the CE this time around
  17. ARCHIVED-Amekoi Guest

I think this makes the first expansion I'm just not excited about at all.
    What happened to all my fluff swag? Armors, horses, pets, houses... all those things seem like they're pretty easy to toss in with the preorder to make it worth my time and my money. Instead, I looked at what I would be getting, went "meh", and I'm just not sure if it's worth getting the expansion at all.
    Very very disappointing.
  18. ARCHIVED-swedago Guest

More information on the CE Werewolf Merc =)
  19. ARCHIVED-Zergosch Guest

I want a pre-order price for the normal version ;) i dont care about the merc
    Beside of that, i want one price for all of us
  20. ARCHIVED-Kathlean Guest

I press "buy now" $59.99 and then I come to a "log in" page. I log in, but now the "buy now" button is greyed out. As the amount is in danish kroner this problem maybe is only for danish customers. Please let your SOE computerfolks fix the error.