Pre-Order EverQuest II: Chains of Eternityâ„¢ Today!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Dexella, Oct 16, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Sharann Guest

I agree with everything that has been said here.
    1) I'd like a boxed version for Europe please (Switzerland included). We've been left out for too long.
    2) No house / mount / armor / furniture for an expensive - boxed price - dowloadable collector's edition => huuuge dissapointment.
    A merc we know nothing about except that he's hairy, has big teeth, big ears and a big mouth. He better be King Kong for the price.
  2. ARCHIVED-Sharann Guest

Kathlean wrote:
    I checked for Switzerland and today 60$ = 55.78 CHF, however I would have to pay 62 CHF (~67$) for the collector's edition.
    So I'd be very interested to know why the difference (since it's a downloadable version anyway).
  3. ARCHIVED-W3bwatcher Guest

Dexella wrote:
    Does this mean that "Destiny of Velious" is going "free-to-play"?
  4. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

Oparis@Valor wrote:
    Not likely if they were to make DoV ftp they wouldn't bundle it with CoE. it's a gimmick to get those that are comnig back to the game to fork out $40 to soe after all someone isnt gonna want to come back when CoE launches and find out they have to buy both DoV and CoE seperately to get to the endgame content.
  5. ARCHIVED-gineeva Guest

I was absolutely ready to go ahead and do the Collector's pre-order, just for the merc since the other stuff didn't really justify the extra cash, UNTIL I couldn't find any info at all about it.
    No screen, no stats, no class..nada.
    Why give tell people a merc comes with that edition but then not elaborate at all? I'm scared it's like those sales you see online sometimes, you know where they get rid of their ugliest items by showing you a pretty pink one and telling you that you will receive a random color and you get the booger green one they couldn't sell before.
    I won't make a pre-order until more info comes out and judging by the board I'm not the only one.
  6. ARCHIVED-W3bwatcher Guest

gineeva wrote:
    I made a pre-order because you can cancel this until CoE will be launched. And you will be charged earliest at the launch day.
  7. ARCHIVED-Ilyriel Guest

I bought the CE version of both DoV and AoD, not too sure about it this time.
  8. ARCHIVED-Thor Guest

Dexella wrote:
    We have a returning player who took a long break around RoK/TSO. So obvioulsy he's lvl 80 but eager to start leveling.
    If he preorder CoE today, will he then download the previous expansions (SF, DoV,SS) when he log in next time and can start working on his character? Or does the download of the prev. expansion start first at release date of CoE?
    I find it silly if he would have to pay for DoV now to start leveling and then pay for the same expansions again in a month when CoE is released.
  9. ARCHIVED-Onuron Guest

Thorine@Oasis wrote:
    I would tend to think since payment doesnt go through till CoE is launched, that he wont have access to any part of the expansion, which will include SF/DoV for him till payment goes through.
  10. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Thorine@Oasis wrote:
    Everyone has access to SF currently. Your guildie wouldn't have access to DoV until CoE releases unless he purchases it right now... mainly because pre-orders can be cancelled at any time, so until money exchanges on release day, product access is not given. However, regardless of which expansions you have purchased, when you download the game you get all the files (just no access to content/features that you don't have expansions purchased for).
    In short: Your guildie can still get to level 90 with SF. :)
  11. ARCHIVED-DocFlareon Guest

Zergosch wrote:
    Actually, it is the taxes. The price in euros is tax-inclusive. Retail prices in the US and Canada are tax-exclusive. If I were to buy the CE using the pre-order price, I would be charged a total of $65.69 on release day, not the $59.99 retail price. Where did the extra $5.70 come from you ask? That is the 9.5% combined sales tax that residents of King County in WA State have to pay.
  12. ARCHIVED-Darkmoogle Guest

[IMG]
    How about some more info on the merc?
  13. ARCHIVED-Synj Guest

Where can I pick up a boxed copy?
  14. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

Ryptide@Permafrost wrote:
    far as i know it digital download only. no box cuz it's more profitable.
  15. ARCHIVED-GCT Guest

I'd like to know if there is anything in this EP that can be used for characters that are not max level. (Besides the merc, that is, but I don't plan on buying the Collector's Edition, and I don't use potions.)
    Are all the new items and lands for max level or are there some AoD-like features in it?
  16. ARCHIVED-Volov Guest

Dexella wrote:
    At what point do you plan to include Age of Discovery? A few months after release or are you going to wait for the following expansion? I'll come back to the game when I can buy the expansion and get the whole freaking game, I don't like the mickey mouse appraoch of nickle and diming people.
  17. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

Compared to EQ and LoTRO expansions this year, EQ II's is a joke.
  18. ARCHIVED-Tyrus Dracofire Guest

Holly, next time, put up "BIGGER" screenshots, i cant see details on that cloak, it all just very "Bluey".
  19. ARCHIVED-SlashnGut Guest

A few quick things:

1) Way to screw people over by forcing them to but not one but 2 expansions (excuse me - an expansion and a feature pack) to actually use what they have paid for if they buy the expansion.
    2) for those looking for a box it ain't happening. Sony no longer offers box versions of EQ2 - it is digital download only nowadays.
    3) As others have said - SC junk for a collector's edition version? Someone been smoking the ganja over there at Sony when they were deciding what items to put into the expansion.
    4? Is anyone surprised??????
  20. ARCHIVED-TorrynWoodsrunner Guest

Here is an unaltered side-by-side comparison of this year's two expansions:
    [IMG]
    Is there really anything else left to say about how wrong this is?