Pre-Order EverQuest II: Chains of Eternityâ„¢ Today!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Dexella, Oct 16, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-ChrissyFaey Guest

I'll echo what others are saying here ... Including a pile of Station Cash items with the Collector's Edition is a complete lack of effort and sales will come to reflect it. In previous editions we have had unique houses and mounts that aren't obtainable through any other means. Unless this merc comes wearing End-Game Raid gear and the Tapestry features some T&A, this buy won't even be close to worth it.

This being 40 dollars more when not at the pre-order price? Hahaha... There really are no words.
  2. ARCHIVED-TorrynWoodsrunner Guest

So once again, SOE expects us to hand over a box-level price for a digital download CE, and this time they don't even give us the -illusion- of real effort, by stuffing the CE with consumables that are available from the SC Marketplace. Consumables that I'm willing to bet most high-level players don't give a squirrel's nut about. And then they hope we won't notice that we, the players, are getting royally hosed.
    Guess what? We noticed.
    Your pre-order price is a joke, and not even a good one. Your -regular- price is another slap in the face to anyone who has even a grain of common sense in their head.
    You're not going to listen to me...you never do. You're not going to listen to your remaining fanatically loyal players...you never do. But because I -am- loyal, and because I -want- this franchise to endure, I'm going to say it anyway:
    Get. Your. Act. Together.
    Collector's Edition purchasers don't want consumable crap. They want lasting items that they can continue to enjoy for months or even years after the expansion is released. Items that they can share with others. I -still- get a kick out of my baby dragon (from the original CE) wandering around. My cloth map is patiently waiting to be framed. My collector's coins usually sit on my desk, next to my pewter figurines from Shadow Odyssey and Sentinel's Fate. I still ride my Stormfeather Brood Guardian. My paintings hang in the Soulfire Art Gallery. A Soulfire Annex is built in an Everfrost Summer Home. These things -endure-. These things make Collector's Editions worth buying.
    A cloak, two house items, and a Mercenary you've told us nothing about...these don't add up to a Collector's Edition level release. You're expecting us to pay the same amount as your last release, for less.
    Ditch the consumables, and get something tangible in there. A mount. A home. A pet. An armor and/or weapon set. -Something-.
    Because right now, you're not enticing me to say "Shut up and take my money!"
    You're enticing me to get a Lifetime Subscription to Star Trek Online.
    How sad is -that-?
  3. ARCHIVED-Zylara Guest

* When does preorder end?
    * When will you link accts so we only have to buy the one?
    Right now, looking at whats in the preorder collectors edition its not making me wanna pay 3 accts worth, which is sad cause I have bought every single preorder collectors edition up till now for each of my accts cause the house, mount etc were always worth it to me. This time around while i'd hate to not get the collectors edition for the price with that crap stuff included its just not worth it.
    Make the preorder stuff another $10 to $15 cheaper and i may consider it, but due to finances right now pretty sure gonna have to say screw it this time around.
  4. ARCHIVED-KindredHeart Guest

Agree answers to previous questions would be wonderful. Two I'd most like to know:
    • When will pre-order end
    • Is there any difference in what you get if you buy the collector's edition via SOE online digital download or if you go to a game store to buy it in physical box form?
    Suggestion, future forward - could you pretty please make note of the questions we ask you guys every single time you release an expansion and do us the favor of just answering them up front for the next one :) PLLLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!
  5. ARCHIVED-Marialle Guest

Yeah, something more needs to be put into this before I drop the money on the CE for this. Honestly, the EQ1 expansion is looking more attractive to purchase.
  6. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

Erevis_Cale wrote:
    Yes, Chains of Eternity will include Destiny of Velious.
    It won't include Age of Discovery. That is a stand-alone feature expansion, so you will need to purchase it separately.
    ~Dexella
  7. ARCHIVED-ChrissyFaey Guest

The Collector's Edition comes with a Mercenary... and you need AoD to use Mercenaries, I thought? Or is this one exempt to that rule?
  8. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

ChrissyFaey wrote:
    You do need AoD to use Mercenaries, including the one in the Collector's Edition.
  9. ARCHIVED-Shotneedle Guest

Will AoD ever be put back up for SC?
  10. ARCHIVED-pixiepuff12 Guest

Dexella wrote:
    So, effectively, one of the only two decent things with the CE is useless if you don't buy a stand alone feature pack. Wow. That is a really cruddy move on the part of whomever put the extras together. I mean, first to put in expendables, and then to add something else that is useless without another purchase? A merc shouldn't even be included with a pack if it can't be used without an additional purchase. This all seems VERY poorly thought out..I used to look forward to expansions, and make sure I had money for them and HAD to pre-order.. but they just aren't exciting any more. It's very sad... the bad decisions just keep coming..
  11. ARCHIVED-ChrissyFaey Guest

Thank you for taking the time to answer even if it wasn't what we really wanted to hear.
  12. ARCHIVED-Pakhet Guest

Thank you for answering about the expac having DoV and requiring AoD for the merc.
    Any word on if we can get some information about what the merc does? Like, class, elite or not, etc? :) Pretty please with sugar cookies and ice cream on top?
  13. ARCHIVED-Sandyfoot Guest

There is nothing indicating that "Krivix Honorclaw - Werewolf Mercenary" requires Age of Discovery on the purchase page.
    http://www.everquest2.com/expansions
    A footnote clearly explaining this prerequisite is missing.
  14. ARCHIVED-Yizle Guest

Dexella wrote:

Thanks for the 2 answers. I mean a few consumables for $60? What is the Merc?
    How about some answers to the myriad of other questions on here?
    Doubt a complete overhaul of the CE will be done but probably should be especially for that price.
  15. ARCHIVED-Kaito Guest

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL..............................
    I was hoping there was an Chains' Upgrade Edition for Players who already own DoV expansion to purchase CoE expansion....
    Example:
    [Current Origin Price]
    Destiny of Velious Standard Edition: $19.99
    Destiny of Velious Collection's Edition: $59.99
    Chains of Eternity Standard Edition: $39.99
    Chains of Eternity Collection's Edition: $89.99 (Preorder $59.99)
    [Upgrade Edition]
    Destiny of Velious Standard/Collection's to Chains of Eternity Upgrade Standard Edition: $19.99
    Destiny of Velious Standard/Collection's to Chains of Eternity Upgrade Collection's Edition: $??.??
    [IMG]
  16. ARCHIVED-Kathlean Guest

Does anyone know where I can preorder Chains of Eternity on dvd in Europe?
  17. ARCHIVED-Kathlean Guest

Hi
    I want to preorder CoE collector's version at $60. When I sign in the cost is 421 danish crowns = $74.
    Ah - found out, that it is the danish 25% tax, which makes the difference.
  18. ARCHIVED-Dessellion4 Guest

As it stands I have to agree that one tapestry and an undefined mercenary is not worth an extra $20.
    I am curious, however, about the "Hero's Blessing of Experience" which others have classified as "garbage".
    If this is something to top up experience, but usable more often than the current gadget (looks like a fishscale), which off the top of my head refreshes about 5-6 days then, as an altoholic, I might be interested.
    Just another one off potion and you can forget it.
  19. ARCHIVED-Jesilyn Guest

The only thing that has ever convinced me to buy the collector's edition is the mount and, recently, the prestige houses. This collector's edition is a joke.
    Who cares about potions?! So for $20 extra (pre-order price) you get a tapestry and a mercenary. I hardly use mercs, so I could care less about that. Does this tapestry do something other than look pretty in my house??
    Guess SOE decided they make better bank selling us mounts and houses through the Station Cash store. How pathetic.
    I will not purchase the collector's edition this time unless it at least includes a nice (preferably flying) mount.
  20. ARCHIVED-DHAELUS Guest

Arcos@Splitpaw wrote:
    According to this it is one 6 hour potion.
    Edit: From looking at that list, the only thing that interests me is the merc which I am not paying an extra 20$ for, espically since nothing indicates what type of merc it is. I could not care less about the potions or tapestry.