Poll: Which deity do you intend to worship now that the eight are revealed?

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-VizP, Jul 28, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-kajirala Guest

My main which is a wizard will be following tunare because of RP reasons
    Message Edited by kajirala on 08-05-2006 04:17 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Chulanowa Guest

Hmmm. Only those eight? Dissappointing!

Figgs, my Ratonga Necro, is a traditionalist at heart, so Brell Serilis it will be. No doubt worshipping the god of dirt will make it easier to dig dead people up, right?

Emelli, the Halfling Troubador... Hmmm. If Bristlebane isn't an option, then she'll just have to remain her same ditzy addleheaded self.. "Tunathaniel Thule!"

Jaela, half-elf Warlock, will definately go with Innoruuk. She would go with Cazic-Thule because he's good for goth cred, but you know, he looks like a pile of orc manure. And she's all shallow like that.

Tymolin, Wood Elf monk could go Tunare. Or she could go crazy and betray to go play with Rallos as a bruiser. Either way she's sexy!

Yazzi, Ratonga Ranger, would be TUnare. Until Karana shows up. BOOM! hehehehehehe!

Thal, Iksar Shadowknight... Cazic-Thule. The other gods don't exist. Even if they did, they would be scared of Cazic-Thule.

Saia, Iksar Coercer... What? She IS God. Your god, anyway...

Krashar, Kerran Paladin, will gladly offer his worship to any diety that will make him NOT look like a heavily tranquilized Orang Utan.

Knami, Gnome Templar will without a doubt, totally and for certain, according to all her calculations, revere Bristlebane. All calculations point toward Bristlebane having put on a skirt and shaved to look like Tunare.
  3. ARCHIVED-Tyrrax Guest

Both of my choices are easy ones.

For my iksar SK, there is only one god. The Faceless, he seeks to cover the world in horror and pain. Freeport is irrelavent, Lucan D'Lere would shrivel into nothing in the presence of the Faceless. Qeynos is populated by fools who fail to realize that in a way Cazic Thule saved their city. The power of the Greenmist is unstoppable, ask the Shissar if you can find one or better yet ask an ogre or orc.

For my high elf wizard its also easy, Solusek Ro who is the true wizard god. Any wizard who doesn't follow Solusek might as well be running around picking flowers. All I want is to burn things and blow stuff up. Any doubters or petitioners can read the following (written for EQ1 but still valid). Thanks be to brother Eamin for spreading the word of the power of The Burning Prince.

Solusek Ro - The One True Wizard God
    by Eamin Whitefalcon
    Wizards can choose between a variety of religions, depending on their race (twelve in all - the most being eight choices for Humans, the least being only one for Frogloks) - but most of these deities are just piece of crap gods with no value whatsoever, be it roleplayingwise, factionwise, or equipmentwise.

There is really only one choice for religion if you're a wizard: Solusek Ro, the Burning Prince. He is the patron god of Wizards in the same way that Rallos Zek is the patron god of Warriors, Innoruuk is the patron god of Dark Elves, and Quellious is the patron goddess of playing with Barbies. Five of the six Wizard races can worship the Great Lord (the only exception being the Frogloks, who, as a new race, have no roleplaying depth at all), and the only other class that can follow Him is the Bard. Wizards have the ability to Imbue only one type of holy stone: the Fire Opal, sacred gem of Solusek Ro. The Temple of Solusek Ro is the home to some of our greatest quests, including our epic weapon and the Staff of Temperate Flux, and is guarded by an all-Wizard Seeker squadron of Seekers and Keepers. The other deities show no such magnanimity towards Wizards: most of them only help out their chosen few - and in most cases, these few are the Clerics, Druids, Necromancers, Paladins, and Shadow Knights who specifically worship them. Why worship a diety who cares nothing for your class?

Solusek Ro is generally regarded as the God of Fire, Power, and Arcane Knowledge. His actions over the centuries have generally reinforced this view: he certainly enjoys fire and magma, especially when used in an offensive manner (as does any good Wizard); and he has constructed a Temple where his servants, devoted to the pursuit of Power, share valuable knowledge with those who prove their worth.

The other deities generally have messages that are shockingly removed from the job description of a Wizard. Wizards are supposed to be the diehard seekers of power and knowledge at all costs, caring nothing for objects and actions that do not help them attain their goal. Instead, these other dieties clog this spartan and straightforward purpose with excess baggage, such as Save the bunnies! Violence isn't the answer and Puss is sexy! Not only are most of these messages totally unrelated to the goal of acquiring magical power, they’re downright unwizardly. Wizards want to blow stuff up and get a bigger spellbook, not protect the rainforests.

Thankfully, that is exactly Solusek Ro's philosophy: blow up anyone who disagrees with you while you actively search for power. His actions over the course of Norrath's history reflects this mentality. It was the Great Lord Solusek Ro who destroyed the ancient Elven empire on Tunaria (now called Antonica). Tunare's children had built a sprawling realm in the forests and plains of the southeast of the continent, with outposts that encompassed almost every part of the landmass. Great marble cities did the High Elves build, and the Wood Elven tree-cities dotted the gargantuan Eldar Forest in which they lived. But these Elves, servants of the impotent demigoddess Tunare as they were, drew the wrath of the Great Lord. He drove the peaks of the Serpent's Spine mountains upwards into the vault of heaven, and brought the Sun's power down on the Elven lands. The entire empire, with all its Druids and arcane casters (including, presumably, many Wizards), as well as their goddess Tunare, fought against Solusek Ro's punishment. But to no avail. Their land, once green and vibrant and filled with life, is now the Desert of Ro: three territories of endless rock and sand, inhabited only by venomous spiders and snakes, the undead, and groups of orcs and sand giants. All of Tunare's creations were forced to flee from what had been their home for centuries, to eke out a new life for themselves on the continent of Faydwer. Such is the punishment of those who draw the ire of the Burning Prince.

Solusek Ro has also been implicated in the destruction of the ancient Gnomish city of Klik'Anon, and travelers from His Tower report that he is currently devising a means to turn all of Norrath into a flaming wasteland, with endless pools of lava and a sky choked with ash, with brimstone falling from the heavens rather than rain. The thought of such a world might make you ecstatic and choked up with glee. That's entirely natural - you're a Wizard, after all.

As you can most likely see, Solusek Ro's philosophies match perfectly those of the Wizard class, but if you're still not convinced there are other perks. Solusek Ro's repertoire of deity-specific items consists of only two items, but both of these are definitely among the best available for a Wizard at the point in time you can get them (unlike some other gods: you'll be lucky if you even catch a glance of their equipment!). The Imbued Platinum Fire Rings are undoubtedly the best input-reward rings in the game for a young wizard (arguably, for a Wizard all the way up into his 50's): combined, they give you +16 INT, +90 Mana, +20 HP, and +8 Fire Resistance. They do have the side effect of nuking your Strength by 16 points, but this really isn't a big deal as long as you travel light and teleport to banks whenever you get full. And best of all, they require only three ingredients: an enchanted platinum bar (have an Enchanter enchant a normal platinum bar), an imbued fire opal (have a Wizard with Imbue Fire Opal imbue a normal fire opal), and a willing jeweler. There really isn't any competition to this as far as the other deities are concerned, especially considering you'll never get your fingers on a single scrap of their armor unless you have platinum pouring out of all your orifices.

Solusek Ro also wins, hands down, in the faction department. Some Agnostics will try to win you over to the path of godlessness with the We have better faction argument.
    THEY'RE LYING.
    Agnostic faction is absolutely identical to Solusek Ro faction, with only two exceptions: Solusites are amiably in the Temple of Solusek Ro, and KOS in the Plane of Growth. The Plane of Growth is Tunare's plane: a completely useless crapheap filled with nature-loving hippies. If you're a Dark Elf, you'll be KOS in the Plane of Growth no matter what you do, so there's no reason not to worship Solusek Ro!
    The other major argument that the misinformed make against Solusek Ro is that worshiping some other god will get you liked more in your home city. THEY'RE ALSO LYING.
    The Wizard guilds in your home city will like you no matter what god you pick - about the only people who care are the Clerics, and who needs them! For Dark Elves, worshiping Solusek Ro over Innoruuk will get you accepted into parts of many cities that would otherwise beat the grape juice out of you. For Erudites and Gnomes, worshiping Solusek Ro over other, more goody-two-shoes gods will get you accepted with open arms into Neriak and the evil outpost on Kunark, invaluable tools for the intrepid adventurer - and all while keeping your ties to good and neutral cities intact!

So, a message to all you individuals thinking about making a Wizard - only one god is the God of Wizardry. That god is Solusek Ro, the Burning Prince, Lord of Fire, Keeper of Knowledge, Seeker of Power, and all-around badass.
    Message Edited by Tyrrax on 08-06-2006 06:57 AM
  4. ARCHIVED-Arbreth Guest

Bah!
    What does a self respecting Kerra need with gods?
    Arbreth is a Mystic, another reason to leave the troublemakers out of her life.
  5. ARCHIVED-dave143256384 Guest

as an iksar its naturally Cazic-Thule, hes just so cool and i love the iksar lore.

also being an inquisitor i think it fits nicely.
  6. ARCHIVED-Rahmn Guest

I'll worship the god with the most benefits for my class. Follower for hire!
  7. ARCHIVED-Fayline Fyrecat Guest

I'm pretty torn as to whom I will worship. Most of my first choices aren't available initially. My first choice would have been Erollisi Marr, as that is who Fayline the 1st (from EQ1) worshipped. Otherwise, I would choose between the benefits of Povar, Druzzil Ro, or Karana.

From those available from the outset, it's a tough decision as a conjuror. Being a high-elf, I'm leaning towards Tunare, but I'm not really a roleplayer so the abilities that come with the god of choice is going to be a more deciding factor. My priority in choosing a god will probably be damage prevention in the form of stuns/stifles, or even mez (mitigation and self-defense are not of much use to a pet class). Healing would be good, but again only if it's a targetable spell that I can use on my pet. Sol Ro? Well, if it's a bonus to fire damage that gives me all of one spell from which to benefit; and only one of my pets would benefit if pets are included at all. If my pet does not get the benefit of my worship, then forget it.

So I'll be leaning towards Tunare to begin with, but put me in the "wait and see" category.
  8. ARCHIVED-troodon Guest

I'm unsure for my Shadow Knight. He doesn't worship any of the Gods of the pantheon, but I've never been one to let RP get in the way of making a better character. I figure I'll choose Cazic, Zek, or Solusek but just pretend he doesn't worship any of them.
    For my Guardian it will be Zek, without question. I'll have to exile him to get this choice but that's ok; the Qeynosians never really accepted him.
    For my Fury it's Innoruuk. I made him at launch with the intention of him being an Innoruuk-worshipping Troll Fury, something I thought would be a rather interesting combo :smileyhappy:
    Message Edited by troodon on 08-07-2006 02:24 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-eyes007 Guest

It' a very difficult decision for me, I am a Wood Elf Bruiser, that poses many choices:

Tunare - At one with nature, as all wood elves inherently are.

Quellious - A lost soul, once a monk, with rage and fire burning and consuming him but with a glimmer of hope, peace and tranquility and the yearning to be whole again.

Solusek Ro - The fire that consumes him, the rage that boils within cursed him to be cast out from the followers of Quellious after blind rage led to him killing four innocent young adventurers (one of the betrayal quests ;) lol) and betraying his once-home of qeynos.

Brell Serilis - While not as stalwart as many continued-dwarven friends, the path of the bruiser has led him to many a bar room brawl, often occasionally with friends and foe alike. While not quite Freeportian and sadly not of Qeynos, the young bruiser has ofttimes found his home, at the bottom of a dwarven ale stein.

Mithaniel Marr - Once a Paladin of the God of Valor (my character was a paladin in EQ1 who found peace and became a monk after his many battles), the young Wood Elf yearns for his former life, wondering where life would lead him. The return of the Gods signifies that maybe his chance has come at last, but will Mithaniel Marr turn his back on the one that had first forsaken him?

Innoruuk - The burning hatred within the wood elf for those that killed his family consumes him quickly, this deity smiles and stokes the flames, growing this flickering flame to become a mighty blaze that will consume all in it's path!

Cazic Thule - All has been lost, everything the young bruiser once loved dearly, struck down without mercy by the forces of darkness (courtesy of Cazic Thule but unbeknowest to the young elf). In darkness the elf waits, shuddering with quiet rage, his enemies will learn and grow to fear him, the sound of his name will strike fear into their hearts, the torture and agony of knowing death is stalking them, they will wait in anxiety and trepidation for their doom, not knowing when their death will come.but certain it will be upon them...sometime.

Rallos Sek - There are many wars this wood elf will see, the war that rages between his reluctant home of freeport and his lost home of qeynos, his neverending war upon his enemies, those that destroyed his life and killed everything he ever loved and cared for. Most important of all, the war he will know with all consuming passion, that which has shaped events and made him what he is today, the evershifting battle of light and darkness within, rage and tranquility...good and evil.

Hmm...now that I've questioned every fiber of my character's being I need people to tell me what path I should choose. Betrayal is still an option (or betraying back again I should say ;) easy enough to do hehe). Help me choose! :)
    Message Edited by eyes007 on 08-08-2006 01:24 PM
  10. ARCHIVED-Zilreed Guest

I do not know, for my Fury Kerra of Qeynos, who I would choose. I would ideally like to choose none. But only because her great, great, great, grandmother was a Vah Shir Beastlord in EQ1 that I used to play. The Vah Shir tribe did not worship any gods for what I understand.
    I know that my Kerra today is of a Druid class and that her healing powers do come from somewhere, but I do not know which specific diety she would look to.
    Would there be a chance that she does not have to make a choice? Or which diety would any of you choose in my situation, and why?
  11. ARCHIVED-eyes007 Guest

As a druid who's inherent nature is that of the forest and all it's creatures within, I would have to go for Tunare. Totally off topic but if you know R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realsm/Icewind Dale trilogy etc. there is a dark elf named "Drizzt Do'Urden" who racially is a follower of the Spider Queen (Lolth) but born with the heart and soul of a Ranger, a follower of Mielikki (the Guardian of the Forest put simply). Anyway, the reason why I mention this is that in roleplaying fantasy, race can mean something or not, on the other hand class can mean something or not as well. So if your race had no diety that it knows of, your class would, as a warden or fury, you would draw your power and magic from the surrounding forests and creatures, that essentially makes the character a follower of Tunare even if you didn't plan it that way.
    Here are some basic class/diety pairings:
    Paladin - Mithaniel Marr (Valor)
    Monk - Quellious (Tranquility)
    Guardian/Berserker - Rallos Zek (War)
    Templar - Erollisi Marr (Love)
    Shadowknight - Innoruuk (Hate)
    Warden - Tunare (Nature)

I hope that explains a bit, at the end of the day, we re finally seeing a true roleplaying experience from SOE and I'm looking forward to it, you don't have to choose a deity but you lose the potential benefits which they wil explain about. It may even enhance your class, i.e. if you choose the diety you clss represents, it may even boost your healing potential, I'm only guessing but hey maybe :)
  12. ARCHIVED-CrazyGuy Guest

As a Dark Elf Inquisitor , i always followed Innoruuk
    Everybody who knows Vazquez ingame, knows how fanatical she is :)
  13. ARCHIVED-kythik Guest

More then likely being a Dark Elf Brigand I will go Inny. Though being the power gamer that I am, if one of the other gods i can choose offers something better i will go that route.
  14. ARCHIVED-Zilreed Guest

Thanks, Eyes. :smileyhappy:
  15. ARCHIVED-Lanceret Guest

Mithaniel Marr on my barbarian paladin. Brell on my gnome wizard.
  16. ARCHIVED-CrazyGuy Guest

Just one SMAAAAAAAL remark

the Seraph of Hate is an HALF ELF???????

Come on. Thats just ridiculus. Am Teir'dal, and i RP Vaz as a very Religious person and a Teir'dal to the bone. And now HER god, the god of the Dark Elfs is going to be represented by an HALF ELF? Thats just so wrong.
  17. ARCHIVED-Renita_Serafim Guest

Message Edited by Astralmage on 10-12-2006 02:24 AM
  18. ARCHIVED-Eriol Guest

Here's something to REALLY disappoint you then. You know what race the first Shadowknight was? He was...

...tension...

... more dramatic tension ...

HUMAN!

Yes, read through the SK epic from EQ1, and you'll see that Inny bestowed the gifts of that profession on humans first (and it's interesting that to show your supreme dedication to hate, you actually need to kill Inny to complete said epic). And there were plenty of human inny worshippers in EQ1 as well (and I'd guess other races, though my memory is fuzzy on who all could worship him).
  19. ARCHIVED-CrazyGuy Guest

Yeah true,
    but still its so wrong on so many lvls
    Vaz is never going to accept an order from an Half Elf.
    She was already saying that Lucan took the wrong puppet to present the Seraph
    and so try to control Followers of Innoruuk
  20. ARCHIVED-Gastrocnemius Guest

Solusek Ro for my Conjy
    Mithaniel Marr for my Templar
    Quellious for my Monk