Poll: Which deity do you intend to worship now that the eight are revealed?

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-VizP, Jul 28, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Willias Guest

Any iksar who doesn't worship Cazic Thule isn't really an iksar.

That being said, my shadowknight and necro both plan to worship Thule.
  2. ARCHIVED-NocteBlanc Guest

Cazic-Thule, then when the 9th is revealed, I'll still be worshipping Cazic-Thule. When every other god they plan on releasing is released, I'll still be a die-hard Thulian.
  3. ARCHIVED-Jairy Guest

Hmmm...considering the ones I was hoping for aren't confirmed yet...

My wizard - Solusek Ro
    My monk - Quellious
    My assassin - Cazic-Thule
    My inquisitor - Brell (she drinks hehe oh and she's dwarven)

and then there's my Ratongan Ranger...I believe she will remain atheistic until someone finds Bristlebane. I really don't see her worshipping Tunare. For one, even though she betrayed quite young in life, well let's just say you can take the ratonga out of Freeport, but you can't take Freeport out of the ratonga. And two, it's just too cliche for a ranger to worship Tunare. Rats don't hug trees; we grind 'em down into furniture. lol
  4. ARCHIVED-DebasedMorals Guest

HEATHENS! BLASPHEMERS! You wretched dogs!... you diseased swine!... you troll dingleberries! You who would turn your backs on The Overlord be warned... the day of retribution will soon be at hand! The Militia, with the great lord Lucan D'Lere at the head, will once again purge the land of any of the flase-gods who dare show their vile countenances upon the Shattered Lands. The Militia will not stop with the false-gods however, we shall move foward and crush those foolish enough to believe these falicies preached by the so call "Nine Prophets"... You have been warned... tread carefully and guard your allegances well... for should you falter, the mighty Hand of Lucan shall cleave your body and soul asunder!

You have been warned...

Debased Morals
    Shadow Knight of the Seventieth Circle of Pain
    Servant of The Overlord

Message Edited by DebasedMorals on 07-31-2006 05:51 PM
  5. ARCHIVED-Dregor Guest

Exactly.
  6. ARCHIVED-FreaklyCreak Guest

Tunare, Mother of All on my Warden. Prolly solusek ro on my Conj if he stays neutral.
  7. ARCHIVED-gray_ Guest

Iksar Ranger (may be assassin by the time EoF goes live)
    Sol Ro.
    He's the cutest.
  8. ARCHIVED-Desdichada Guest

Since Terris is not coming any time soon, I will have to pay lip service to Innoruuk. I might look at Brell, or even Sol Ro, but I want a god with class and none that comes with the first weave have any. The best thing about following Innoruuk is that I can hate him with all my heart and still worship him.
  9. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Why not Cazic Thule instead? Like Father Like Daughter.
  10. ARCHIVED-Renita_Serafim Guest

Finally! Somebody else who understands this often neglected piece of Innoruuk lore! You don't have to like him or even do what he says in order to worship him.
    Message Edited by Astralmage on 08-27-2006 11:35 AM
  11. ARCHIVED-Whazy Guest

My Gnome Conjuror: Brell
    My Wood-Elf Fury: Tunare
    My Troll Necromancer: Cazic Thule
    My Human Guardian: not sure
    My Frog Wizard: Marr or Sol Ro.
  12. ARCHIVED-Mirkwater Guest

Stupid question...I'm a Ratongan Swashbuckler in Qeynos, but my deity is Brell. He's listed as a neutral deity. Aren't the Neutral deities only for Exiled?
    Kind of presents a challenge...
  13. ARCHIVED-VizP Guest

No - neutral deities are available to ALL regardless of faction. The number of permanent exiles is very very small, most are in transition from one place to another so it is highly unlikely that 'exiles' would ever be considered a seperate faction on their own. Developers are indicating that they are drawing towards exiles will be able to worship all deities (as opposed to being limited to just neutral deities) but if they later choose to move to a city and it conflicts with the faction requirements of the deity they are following, they will cease to advance with the deity from then on. Considering exiles are severely disadvantaged not only by lack of direct brokers (must play fence tax on both cities) and no city writs (which is rather big) AND no housing except Maj'dul. its not exactly a very popular choice except for a diehard rper that has worked it into their story to the point that they will suffer the ingame hardshop for the sake of their characters choice.. noble ;)

Anyway a couple of posts in this thread has really made me change my mind on my deity choice. I sometimes read that people would find it hard for a Koada'dal to worship Innoruuk but it seems to me that the Koada'dal would actually make the best followers of Innoruuk.. even better than the Tier'dal. Why? Because the Koada'dal HATE Innnorruk the most - for taking their royalty and turning them into the Tier'dal race. And what does Innorruk enjoy? Those that hate him above all others, an emotion he happily returns.

There is this very interesting piece of lore in which Innoruuk boasts about the fact that he never actually did anything directly to the Koada'dal King and Queen after he abducted them except letting their own hatred fester and consume them so completely that they turned into a perfect manifestation of hatred and pretty much tormented and tortured each other. Sounds horrifying but sounds just about right.

For my character, the fact that Tunare shuns him will be a very hard blow to take - the knowledge she 'will' forgive him if he gives up the dark mystic arts but he can not understand how his mother could 'ever' forsake him. After all, isnt the ultimate duty of every parent to forgive their children? And even if she is willing to one day, he doesnt understand what he has to be sorry for when all he sought was to use knowledge and power for 'good' and the concept of 'evil' was highly subjective in the first place!

Innoruuk on the other hand likely simply wants followers who can fan hatred within - regardless of race and background. So if his representative contacts my character one day in a dream as one of many other 'prominant' characters that have had impacts on events, I can imagine this exchange:

----
    Silthian: 'I hate you Innoruuk, all you represent, what you did to my kind - how dare you think I would follow you?'Innoruuk: 'Indeed, and just how much do you hate me?'Silthian: 'More than you can imagine - if I could, I would show you torment beyond you imagination, more than you ever did to our King and Queen. Immortal or not, I'll show you what real darkness is'Innoruuk: Show me.... yes... let that hatred fester. With it will come that power you have always craved.Silthian: If I ever have the chance, you will regret the day you ever came to me. Innoruuk: And I hate you too just like I hate every one of your kind, every pitiful sniveling thing. And you see... 'this' is power. Come to me...----

Message Edited by VizP on 08-01-2006 10:46 AM
  14. ARCHIVED-Wrapye Guest

Since Innoruuk no longer considers the Tier'Dal to be his chosen, I see no reason for my coercer to follow him.

I'd prefer Terris, but given she's not an option at present, it will have to be her father, Cazic.

Ogre Guardian - Rallos Zek
    Froglok Mystic - Mithaniel Marr (of course)
    Human Fury (freeport based) - no idea at present. No good option for FP druids at present

Message Edited by sacremon on 08-01-2006 01:56 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-Mirkwater Guest

I am actually quite surprised Bristlebane didn't make the cut, given the abundent nature of rogues & scouts in EQ2...
    Brell it is then...
    As for my Iksar Assassin, hmm...may have to go with Solusek on him...
  16. ARCHIVED-Desdichada Guest

Are Terris and Morrel related to Cazic? I always thought so until I read something recently that suggested they were not. In any case, Cazic Thule lacks the finesse of slow destruction by subtle messing with vulnerable brain. Much more elaborate then a vulgar Boooo!
  17. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Cazic Thule = God of Fear
    Terris Thule = Daughter of Cazic = God of Nightmares, which is part of fear.
    Morrel Thule = Son of Cazic = God of Dreams = The Black Sheep of the family (he's good.)

As for the subtle finesse of messing with a vulnerable brain.... You'd be surprised.

All it takes is a little bit of fear to turn into paranoia, which in turn leads to insanity. He does a much better job at messing with someone's head than Innoruuk did to Saryrn.
    Message Edited by Cusashorn on 08-01-2006 09:31 PM
  18. ARCHIVED-Desdichada Guest

What did Innoruuk do to Saryrn? I never cared much for her, since leather and whips were also vulgar in my book. I only found a reference to her being a mortal at some point.
  19. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

She used to be a human from Freeport who was very faithful to the teachings of Erollisi Marr.

One day, her love had to go off and fight in a war. She promised she'd wait for him to return, but as time went on, he never did. Other soldiers brought back some of his belongings, but even they did not know what happened to him. She decided to take that as a sign that he may still have been alive, and continued to wait.

Inny took this opportunity to taint her mind so that she would slowly become overwhelmed with jealousy and hatred for everyone she saw who was able to properly experience proper love with a significant other in thier lives. As she grew older with time, her mind became more and more corrupted untill she was ready for Innoruuk to finally transformed her into the Demi-Goddess of Pain and Torment.
  20. ARCHIVED-Wilde_Night Guest

Then of course there is that thing he did to Tunare's paladin and she became Ulloruuk.. or however it is spelled. That deity they worship in Nektropos Castle. Goddess of Betrayal.
    But.. for me:
    Dark elf Warden - Innoruuk
    Dark Elf Warlock - Innoruuk
    Dark Elf Brigand - Innoruuk
    Iksar Troubador - Cazic-Thule
    Ratonga Brigand - Bristlebane.. if he becomes an option, Agnostic otherwise
    Other alts - Agnostic