Poll: Which deity do you intend to worship now that the eight are revealed?

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-VizP, Jul 28, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Angel eye Guest

I would have to...Give the gods the finger and say this is some wacked out conspiracy bull-crap. My god is me, and me alone. Define the meaning of "God" to me. There is no god, you recieve your powers from the balance of your self actions. A god is just a statue, a figurehead that people turn to because they cant learn to live and accept their real problems, and learn to love what they have. Not power, Not some pormotion from their "god", etc. The real god here is yourself. The soul of one is the sole god alone. Not the figurehead of the one you turn to when your problems arise to catastrophic size. But anyways, as long as people remain to hide between this conspiracy 'Oh no, the gods left, what are we going to do." Some guy on the street says "Im going to sit here until the gods come back" Guess what happened to that guy? He died sitting there waiting for a "firgurehead". If you really want to know the truth, the so called "gods" were there all the time, they never left. You just lost faith in yourselves becouse your "figurehead" left, not the god. Like I said, you can find your god inside yourself. So my answer is None. I worship no god because I know the truth and what a god really is. But as long as the games mechanics go, If I am forced to pick a god, I would have to pick Cazic-Thule. Although its a shame you cant worship Rallos...
  2. ARCHIVED-Angel eye Guest

Ok, I had my history wrong, my bad...Pay no heed to my estranged rantings...Talk amongst yourselves...>.>...
  3. ARCHIVED-VenorikVelglarn Guest

My necromancer Sabal, despises, Innoruuk, to her Innoruuk abandoned the dark elves. No she served Cazic Thule, to her Fear is a tool that can be used most efficently.

For my High elf Troubador, she will worship Tunare, naturaly, though she also, follows Ayone Ro (Did I spell that right?)
    Message Edited by VenorikVelglarn on 10-11-2006 08:27 AM
  4. ARCHIVED-steelbadger Guest

Well... Ratonga's don't, by and large, worship a God...

Possibly because there is no God of stabbity death...

So looks like my assassin is going for agnostic... no maybe even Athiest :p (that would be quite an achievement I feel)
  5. ARCHIVED-Zagats Guest

no god of stabbity death? What about Rallos Zek? He doesnt really care what weapons you use, as long as you're using them well! Victory on the field of battle = good. Loss in battle = you are insignificant.

I'm going to go with Cazic Thule with both my Iksar characters (Brigand, Shadowknight).
    Lore reasons, because all iksar worshipped the god of fear. As a brigand, I bring terror into the hearts of those who know I'm coming to kill them (but cant see me to figure out from which direction im coming!).
    As a shadowknight, I'll show my face. I'll then show my blade. That'll be the last thing you'll ever see though! MWAHAHAH!
  6. ARCHIVED-Evilcow Guest

they worship brell and maybe bristlebane because they created them
  7. ARCHIVED-steelbadger Guest

I do believe that a central part of their lore is that they do not seem to worship a god, but that they all have a funny tattoo type marking, which nobody knows the significance of...

And I wouldn't say Zek was a god of stabbity death... he's more of a battle kinda guy, a chewyournoseoff kinda God. I'm not sure a sneaky then stabbit then run away sneaky assassin is his forté.

So I will remain athiest, until a God comes to me HIM OR HERSELF and shows me something that could only be done by a God... :smileytongue:

EDIT:
    Faith:
    The ratonga show no spiritual inclinations, with no outward worship of any known deity. What transpires in the shadows when the ratonga congregate is unknown.

Pretty sure thats the line on the official site, and I have heard no mention in my numerous discussions with ratonga NPC's that they acknowledge any God. However I shall continue looking...
    Message Edited by steelbadger on 10-12-2006 02:11 AM
  8. ARCHIVED-Renita_Serafim Guest

Well, the ratonga were created by Brell, but I don't see any ratonga at the Herald of the Underfoot's campsite*. Which isn't surprising since Brell dropped the ratonga like a hot rock when he decided he was unsatisfied with them.

*Spoiler, highlight the text to read:-
    Aside from the one who was there to sabotage the proceedings.
    Message Edited by Astralmage on 10-12-2006 03:49 AM
  9. ARCHIVED-steelbadger Guest

yeah, stinky Brell was all like "oh noes they are sneaky!" but had to go off on him little vacation before he could fix us... ie wipe us out and start again. :smileytongue:
  10. ARCHIVED-Whazy Guest

With any luck, Brell will wipe out the little ratmen and forget the whole idea.
    =)
  11. ARCHIVED-Kyvthuhlu Guest

And I wouldn't say Zek was a god of stabbity death... he's more of a battle kinda guy, a chewyournoseoff kinda God. I'm not sure a sneaky then stabbit then run away sneaky assassin is his forté.
    He's more a god of loyalty, honesty, and courage than just combat.
  12. ARCHIVED-steelbadger Guest

Exactly, and therein lies the problem!
  13. ARCHIVED-Sekkong Guest

Karana.

Ok ok.. Probably solusk ro. Being a conjuror and all i can see some of those abilities increasing fire damage or something.
  14. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

What about Mormons?? I thought that Mormons were supposed to be the right answer?
  15. ARCHIVED-Hajji Guest

I'm still hoping Veeshan is the 3rd, been hoping since I first heard about the return of the gods.
  16. ARCHIVED-Kyvthuhlu Guest

Veeshan's been gone since before the other gods arrived - in the first place - though.
    Message Edited by Kyvthuhlu on 10-13-2006 09:58 AM
  17. ARCHIVED-LagerYerba Guest

What better god for an iksar shadowknight to worpship than Cazic-Thule? =)
  18. ARCHIVED-Kyvthuhlu Guest

What better god for an iksar shadowknight to worpship than Cazic-Thule? =)
    Rallos Zek.
  19. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

There isn't a 3rd neutral. This is intentional that there is no 9th god.

Just gotta wait for Veeshan later down the line in a few more expansions or whenever.
  20. ARCHIVED-Vyrance Guest

a few of you seem to have it backwards on what brell thinks of the ratonga. brell disapproved of the first "ratonga" which were the roekillik, because they were too evil and too dangerous, so he locked them away and created the ratonga, the ones people can play as now.