Poll: Which deity do you intend to worship now that the eight are revealed?

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-VizP, Jul 28, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Desdichada Guest

Although hate of Innoruuk is a part of following him, I am not sure it is sufficient to be a true devotee. The prophet (or is she really a profit...:smileytongue:.) of Innoruuk speaks of spreading hatered. Hating Innoruuk is only a small part of it.
    But as most prophets go, they always present the message from their god in black and white, or rather black or white. It is up to followers to bring shades of gray into it. Sort of like the exchange between Faust and Mephistopheles:
    Faust: "Who art though?"
    Mephistopheles: "I am a part of force that seeks forever evil and does forever good"
    I am not sure that the prophet of Innuruuk would be happy with that kind of message.
  2. ARCHIVED-VizP Guest

Yes I understand that - well... in terms of my character its always been an attempt to hold onto the hope that he keeps on trying to be good even though its quite clear that he is losing his soul on each and every step. By his hatred of Innoruuk, yes that one step in itself may not be enough, its likely just the first that will lead onto many more. After all it all starts with wanting power and when one realises that 'hatred' allows power by Innoruuk's blessing, then why just hate him when there is an abundance of things to hate (and thus gain more power from)? At least for my character who has been pretty much prejudged from the moment he chose the dark mystic arts (koada'dal defiler - yet one could always argue that paladins seem to always have the right to be judge, jury AND executioner and never gain criticism yet why can't a defiler choose the souls of evil people as an energy source to do 'good' in the world? Suddenly that is a taboo.. interesting arguments),

Simply he has been through enough to pretty much hate his own kind for judging him, every other race for being 'inferior' yet daring to convey the fact they are the same and heaven forbid even Tunare for forsaking her own son?

Hatred breeds more hate. I think to follow Innoruuk all you ever need is to hate 'him' with all you have. Once you take that first step, tis pretty much a slippery slope from then on. I really am beginning to find the whole Innoruuk lore and concept pretty alluring - it is definitely a really interesting idea and perfect especially for playing characters that become tragic villians. The above examples of people that Innoruuk has trapped such as the war widow follower of Erollisi and the paladin are great stories to say the least :) Im sure one can add my character to the list by the time its all over but it'd be nice to know he wasn't bad from the start but you could see the journey that took him way into the darkness...

Message Edited by VizP on 08-02-2006 10:02 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-Mabes Guest

For my wood elf templar, either Mithaniel Marr, or Tunare. For my (soon to be) assassin, not sure yet, probably just the one that would benefit him most gameplay-wise.
  4. ARCHIVED-FrostDragon Guest

Veeshen or none just the the original EQ gods
  5. ARCHIVED-Fistantantilus Guest

as the evangelists of hate were shouting in plane of hate (for old skool eq ppl)....

ALL PRAISE INNORUUK. OUR LORD AND CREATOR
  6. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Agnostic, for reasons posted elsewhere.
  7. ARCHIVED-VizP Guest

quote: 'ALL PRAISE INNORUUK. OUR LORD AND CREATOR'

---

I am pretty sure that is exactly what Innoruuk trule dislikes - unless praising him involves stating how much you hate him, how much you despise him, how much you despise everyone including your fellow followers and even yourself :) If praising him involves cheering his name and running through the streets rallying everyone to do the same, I think Innoruuk's response will be of pretty much sending you to oblivion :p Which reminds me, I think Innoruuk has always found it deeply amusing when the Tier'dal have regarded him as the 'Father' and creator when all he has had is complete disdain and mockery for his own 'children' :) And expects nothing but the same if not more in return!

Truly - the beautiful part of anything Innoruuk is the hate-hate-hate relationship. Im pretty sure that the only followers he has any respect for are the ones that curse his name every day and curse the world and everything in it. There really is no 'praise' involved whatsoever. And if there is... well, I think you'll find you have a problem if you ever have the misfortune to gai audience with him :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Eriol Guest

My alts are going to be a LOT easier for me than my main. My High Elf Templar will be Tunare, my Dark Elf Paladin will almost-certainly be Mithaniel Marr, but I'm having REAL problems deciding what to do with my High Elf Necromancer. Innoruuk won't work, since unending hate isn't the main part of his personality, but rather cold calculation (my character's story is in my sig). Also he DOES feel things like Love, loyalty, etc, and other things that Innoruuk is against (love at the least any true follower of Innoruuk sees as a "weak" trait (look it up in the eq1 lore, it's right there in Inny's description)). But above all, hate is NOT a motivator in my character's life any longer (only in his borderline-insanity did it have sway), so Inny just doesn't seem to fit in an RP fashion.

So basically I'm torn between Cazic Thule (my necro uses fear to his advantage continually) and Solusek Ro (a calculating, power-hungry god). The problem with Cazic is that his followers are ruled by fear in every aspect of their lives, fear of him, fear of others, instilling fear in others. While he does use fear to his advantage towards others, fear isn't something he himself feels easily, and thus is not ruled by it. It is a tool, little more. Solusek Ro seems a possible alternative, as he exemplifies power and control, though with a fury that is also threatening to break loose at any time.

So Sol Ro I think, but honestly, none "fit" perfectly IMO.
  9. ARCHIVED-Mirkwater Guest

The way I see it, Solusek is your god...
    The "calculating" hinges it...something the other is NOT known for...
    The former is all about submission, where as Solusek is all about manipulation.
    Message Edited by Mirkwater on 08-03-2006 12:13 PM
  10. ARCHIVED-Gobbwin Guest

Here here! That dirty, mishapen troll abandons the superior race that he created for a bunch of mindless animals. I won't give him the pleasure of my hatred, instead I will continue to ignore the fact that he even exists.
    I'm thinking of either Cazic Thule or Rallos Zek for my inquisitor (go go battle cleric!)
    But my Bruiser will continue the fine Kerran tradition of remaining Agnostic!
    "O the gods are returning? I never even realized that they left in the first place..."
  11. ARCHIVED-Saroc_Luclin Guest

Lets see....

Anoki, my HE Freeport Troubadour, will probably go with Solusek. But only until Bristlebane pops up again likely. He's looking for a god suitable for a con man, a fast talking trickster, so until Bristlebane comes in, SolRo will suffice.

Saroc, my Armorsmith, is moving to Kelithin as soon as he can and restoring his connection with Brell as soon as possible, probably through a lot of application of Brell's Blessed Stout. (They need to add the beer summoning necklace again for Brell followers. :p )

Taryx, my wizard jewelcrafter is going the classic wizard route and following SolRo as well.

Kroki, my woodcrafter rogue will either stay agnostic, or go along with Rallos for now.

and Chariana, my fury, will stay agnostic until I get around to moving to Freeport, at which point she will heed the calling of Tunare... at least until the return of Karana.

Oh and I'll probably bring my ranger back once EOF comes as a Tunare follower through and through in Kelethin.
  12. ARCHIVED-Eriol Guest

Did you mean moving FROM freeport? You can't worship tunare while they're IN freeport. Tunare's Good, not neutral.
  13. ARCHIVED-Saroc_Luclin Guest

Oops yeah, I meant FROM Freeport. She's currently an Iksar Fury in Freeport, mainly my tailor for now. Someday I'll get off my duff and move her to Qeynos as I planned on it. :)
  14. ARCHIVED-kajirala Guest

Im going with tunare not because every one will but because of my char originally followed tunare since the beginning of eq1. and my bio says that my char was originally a high elf and was cursed the body of a human and almost all of the high elves follow tunare.
  15. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

You can also worship "The Nameless" but you won't gain anything by doing so. So, there's the 9th god you can worship.
  16. ARCHIVED-TheBloodofThex Guest

Hating Innoruuk has nothing to do with the religion of Hate.

Hatred is a creative force. It was Innoruuk's jealous hatred of the other gods and the races they created that spurred him into stealing the high elf king and queen and creating a living mockety, a living testament to his anger and hatred and jealousy. This is like the angry kid who was never part of the cool clique in school so decides to commit a crime against those who he jealously hates - not unlike the Columbine massacre.

The Hate he nourished in his children was a hate for all that was not Teir'Dal. Hatred is intolerance . Innoruuk wanted to see the subjugation of the other lesser races to his own. In this way Hate is not unlike the hate and intolerance of the **** party in world war II.

Teir'Dal society is structured, it is lead by a king and queen, it has a very strong and structured church that plays a major role in society and politics, it has a caste system, it is very lawful - though draconic. It is a society that is ordered, that holds tradiitons dear, it is a society built upon pride. It is a society of scholars, architects, artists, priests and generals. This hate is not a blind rage that lashes out against all that is not the self -- the Teir'Dal are not individual solipsists -- though one could make an argument that Teir'Dal society in itself is solipsistic. They do not hate Innoruuk - they love and adore their father, and praise his name. They do not hate each other, no more than anyone else hates each other.

They do however, use force to get their point across. They do not hold murder, torture, slavery of other lesser races as a sin nor is it a moral issue for Teir'Dal. Intolerance, and the willingness to subject those who are not of the pure blood to atocity is what makes them evil.

This is not to say that there are not Teir'Dal who would not seek to destroy his neighbor for his own gain, or assassinate a rival, or try to overthrow the king and queen. They exist -- but what society does not have those who at times think and act the same. Innoruuk and his children does not mind brutality or savagery as long as it keeps the society strong.

Teir'Dal are nationalistic, expansionist, intolerant, haughty, demonic - they are not chaotic, anarchists, self absorbed inviiduals who all plot to kill each other -- this isnt Highlander.

Innoruuk wants his children to survive and grow and posper, and conquer for each day they live is another day his throws it in face of the other gods. He wants a stable, law abiding force who believe in his hate - his hate of that which is not of his own making.

The Teir'Dal are not simple two dimsensional, cookie cutter villians. Hate is a concept that involves love, for without it, hate could not exist.

Make 2 cents
  17. ARCHIVED-Eriol Guest

Ummm.... /cough (emphasis mine, though original text is from EQ1's manual)
    Love is not ANYWHERE in Innoruuk's teachings, for himself or any other, and is to be fiercely hated as well.
  18. ARCHIVED-TheBloodofThex Guest

I know that text very well. I think you misunderstood the statement I made at the end of my last post. I did not say that Innoruuk believes in the power of love, though I would content that he loves his children and they love him as thier father. It is the fact the Hate is not a simple as I hate everything, everything must perish. Hate and love are tied togther much like light and dark or good and evil.

Acts of Hate can be done by those who love their wives, family, friends or country or God. History is replete with examples, one that comes to mind as I type is the Inquisiiton.

That statement you highlighted and the following paragraphs are the Hate that is to be directed at those who are not Teir'Dal. The enemies of the Teir'Dal are less than trash and love, kindness, mercy and pity for them would impede their plan (Innoruuk's and the Teir'Dal's) to subjugate all of Norrath under their rule.

To turn this statement and make the assertion that the Teir'Dal hate themselves and that they Hate their father would be contrary to the society they created.

I will say that Teir'Dal society is a devious society, with back stabbing, asassination, intrigue and in fighting, It is a society that can be brutal and savage even to their own - but then again can this not be said of any civilization to some degree.

If Teir'Dal society was full of hate filled solipsists, there would not be a Teir'Dal nation, there would be no army, not church, no books, it would be tribal at best, and they would have fulfilled none of Innoruuk's desires.
  19. ARCHIVED-electricninjasex Guest

Solusek Ro fits me to a T.
  20. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

RP Answer for my character's being Agnostic.

Kanaraz narrowed her eyes at the passing throng, the bulk of which were made up of her own people, the Teir'Dal.

Spurring her shadowsteed, she followed the latest knot at a slight distance. As she rounded a corner, she watched as the mob converged on another Teir'Dal Kanaraz recognized with a start, as the much rumored Prophet of Innoruuk.

"So, Elf." an ogre guard quiped in an obvious bait nodding to the throngs chanting epitats of hatered, "You going to join the rest of puny race?"

"Hate IS powerful," Kanaraz returned cooly, "But blinding. Things are born, things die to be reborn again. Some just have a harder time moving on, that is where the I come in, I give those restless dead one last chance to fight. Then they move on."

Kanaraz wheeled he horse around and rode off, leaving the prophet of hate and a confused guard behind. She would choose only when she felt the need, and no god called to her that she could feel.
    Sentaiga scratched her freshly shaven arms, she found that her food sold better when there was no fur in it, and listened to a couple of humans debating the return of the gods. The two were debating the pros and cons of Marr, Tunare and Quellious the three gods to grace Qeynos with prophets.

Sentaiga glanced at her spirit companion, Luclin, who only seemed to shrug despite a cannine body.

The return of the gods ment little to a Kerra. Following her companion's lead, she shrugged as well, she had to kneed some dough.

Kurayami set her staff aside and bowed to her sparring partner, then glanced at Sensei Matoko. She was glad he was back at the dojo, but was worried about his recent calling by the god of tranquility.

Having abandoned hate and her people when she left Freeport, she was reluctant to fall into the arms of another god or goddess. What's more, Quellious and Innoruuk where only the begining, more of the gods had returned.

Holy wars made Kurayami Q'Daur nervous.

Klronie rubbed the sleep from her eyes, then placed the latest tome she had been looking through back on shelf. Since the revealing of the Prophets (and Profit) she had begun researching; not only the godlings that have active prophets, but the others as well. It's only a matter of time before the rest search for worshipers as well, Klornie thought rubbing her head and leaned against the bookcase, Will this lead to another Shattering?
    Klornie's fears looked to be very real, although many godlings represented positive aspects, others represented more negative ones. Yet they only they only represented an aspect of a greater whole, one barely mentioned in the religious text.Klornie had a new quest...
    Message Edited by Zabjade on 08-06-2006 09:22 AM