MIS dropping fabled set gear REVISITED - (Keep it real)

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-KlutchSteele, Jan 7, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Kizee Guest

1.) SotL had a ton of named mobs that were always there.... not a chance to have them up. :p
    2.) It is fine to have a long raid zone (I was hoping they would put one in because I was getting sick of the small raid zones) BUT it shouldn't be mandatory to clear that zone to have a chance in another. Especially when there is a lack of endgame raids in EoF expansion.
  2. ARCHIVED-EasternKing Guest

im so happy ...ive been waiting for one of you disso ultrahardcore (leaving ur pc on and staying in a zone for 50+ hrs and using an exploit on menderbotts is now the definition of what it takes to be hardcoe) to bring up Spirits of the lost raid
    yeah it was hard ...yes the trash were hard ..yes it took an unpresidented amount of time compared to all previous instant raid content, but your not mentioning one glaring FACT . :
    Everything in that zone dropped Fabled chests(ie everything could and had a fairly high % chance to drop metal) ...TRASH dropped FABLED GEAR and master spells in T5 ..yet you all said its stupid for trash to drop fabled gear in T7 ..im sorry i dont follow
    ohh wait i do ...SoTL was that hard in T5 only the top end guilds could successfully farm it ..so it was perfectly fine then for everything to be dropping fabled gear and master spells
    cut to T7 and zones with trash unless there uber hard shouldnt be dropping loot not even trash loot. ...in fact you guys have stated its dumb and lame to get rewarded for killing trash ..where wass your hue and out cry inT5 over SoTL ?!?!??! there wasnt any because only the top %s per server could actually make any head way in that zone
    ive said it before and ill say it again your a bunch of [I cannot control my vocabulary]ing HYPOCRITES
    Message Edited by TheEasternKing on 01-31-2007 02:38 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Illustrious Guest

Nobody complained that SotL took 6+ hours when it first came out for the not so-great guilds. Yet when EH comes out, people complained. Completely odd, imo.
    Calaglin, Illusionist of Dissolution on Nektulos

Nobody much is complaining at EH taking hours or days to finish EH, (5 days i think it took the only guild on my server to take down Woushi in total, and thats with the menderbot bug which no doubt most/all of these raid guilds are using to their advantage) .
    What people are worried about is that maybe doing that zone will be a pre requisit to even advance past the first namer in MMIS or something equally ridiculas.
    The difference between this and SotL was that completeing SotL didnt make any other of the main raid zones easier or doable.
    Having 1 huge zone that almost only the true HC guilds will complete is fine in my opinion, but making that zone required to have a go at the only other zone in EoF with more than 4 namers is crazy.
    How many average non HC non contested camping raiders will want to stay at least another year for next expansion to be able to raid more than clockwork and FTH? Not many i would wager. Seen as KoS is already stale and pretty much only worth farming to quickly equip new guildmembers 2 new zones just blows..
    Message Edited by Illustrious on 01-31-2007 02:56 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-Computer MAn Guest

SOTL also had a 6 day lockout the SECOND you zoned into the zone. If you wanted to zone in and clear trash be my guest but your still taking the same lockout as the rest of us not some weak 12 hour lockout. And the trash in Spirits was as hard as some of the Labs nameds if you weren't geared to do it so personally I found it fine.
  5. ARCHIVED-Dogmae Guest

It means if can can't kill named in EH, then you have no reason to be in MIS. Just because you want the raid zone to be easy to cater to you, doesn't mean thats what the intended progression was. And if you aren't capable of killing named in EH, or in MIS, then there are still KoS raids that drop good loot to help you progress. As the other side of this arguement keeps bringing up This is T7B, if this was T8 then sure you could argue that theres no raid zones for you to kill, but that isn't the case. If you can't kill T7B then gear up on T7A first.
    As far as the Progression list of MIS Named < EH Named < MIS Boss, that is just silly and you are really stretching here. Think of DT pre EoF, if your guild couldn't kill the dragons for the access quest then you had no business in the zone.
  6. ARCHIVED-Judist Guest

As far as the Progression list of MIS Named < EH Named < MIS Boss, that is just silly and you are really stretching here. Think of DT pre EoF, if your guild couldn't kill the dragons for the access quest then you had no business in the zone.
    What am I stretching? DT acess progress aside, Hurler and Fitz were still easy. In fact, when HASNT the normal named in any given raid zone been harder than the boss? (Very rare exceptions aside). Labs was your starter zone, but you could clear most of HoS, LoA, ToS and the 2 easiest named in DT without being able to drop Vyemm. In fact, if you had access ANYONE could start off in these zones.
    Your wrong. My buisness isnt having to kill EH named to drop named in MMIS. Maybe Mayong, but not the rest by a long shot. Never has progression meant each epic HAS to be sucessfully harder. To think otherwise is to ignore the last 7 tiers of content.
    Think outside the box.

Message Edited by BeatinGuts on 01-31-2007 08:48 PM
  7. ARCHIVED-Roriondesexiest Guest

So what are we left with if EH takes 2 freakin days to complete.

Clockwork - 2x type raid zone for 4x raid meaning one thing in that zone drops chest, the named.
    FTH - I like this zone. Fun strats can be used or you can burn things down.
    EH - 2 day raid (yes you say some guilds are doing this in 5-7 hrs, but it is the same people saying they do it in 5-7 hours so not many game wide clearing it in that time)
    MMIS - If you have to complete a 2 day raid to do much in here what's the point.
    So in the end we are left with 1 and a half new raid zones in EoF that the MAJORITY of the people in the game will be doing.
  8. ARCHIVED-Myckael Guest

Of course, if you use Malice as your example for what a hardcore raiding guild is, you're not gonna have a good opinion about this kind of guilds. Not every guilds are exploiting, and a lot of them have been and are still killing the hardest mobs legit, with a gear that's not even better than what you probably have now. If you think the only thing you need to catch up with the best raiding guilds is a better gear, you're up for a huge disapointment. And these guilds are also reporting every bugs they encounter, as soon as they find them, one of them being actually very vocal about it, you probably heard about them.

Since you're there talking about the difficulty in DoF, let me remind you all the nerfs Terrorantula and Urzyd recieved, how most epic mobs were basically impossible in the first 2 months after the release, and when they were somehow killed, they were dropping a wood chest at the very best, with some treasured druid boots or helms I don't remember exactly. There was absolutely NO itemization. Things got slowly fixed when the casual guilds started to raid with their first lvl 60 players. Don't you remember how it became easy to clean GoAA and CoA and get some good gear after that, and that STILL only the same first guilds got to kill Juranata and the 2 other final named in PPR, cleaned pedestal of sky, and that only a handfull of them killed the master djinn. Did they all exploit there too? Of course not.

As far as I'm concerned, I've never seen a chest with 15 items, nor have I seen a mob not "AoEing" when into a wall, and you can't dps or debuff a mob if it's stuck in a wall anyway so I don't see the point, as soon as it happens the tank will try to put the mob back in the right spot, unless he's an idiot. Yes there were exploits used to clean PoS at first (coercers FTW), but only 1 or 2 guilds used them, and it got quickly fixed after that.

I'm not going to talk about the nerfs in KoS, my post is already long enough. I'll just admit that mobs in KoS were indeed harder when EoF was released, because of the combat changes, but now they are fixed and were actually made easier than before EoF release, you can find about it on this forum too, since you like to search for facts. And I really wonder what you've seen firsthand, because if you were there already raiding, you'd know about it all already, and you would have been killing mobs before every one else wouldn't you.

Thanks for saying the best guilds are exploiting though, it's the loser's way to congratulate someone else on his achievements, so it can only be a compliment from their point of view.
  9. ARCHIVED-Krontak Guest

Has anyone even done the new MMIS? Are the stakes an actual requirement?
  10. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

It doesn't take 2 days.
  11. ARCHIVED-Illustrious Guest

It doesn't take 2 days.
    Calaglin, Illusionist of Dissolution on Nektulos

Even if it takes 10 hours or so its still [I cannot control my vocabulary]. How many people can ever get an entire raidforce for that long? It sure doesnt show skill to log on that long, some degree pf organisation sure but mainly just a raidforce that has a lack of any RL to make people log.
  12. ARCHIVED-Computer MAn Guest

Not to worry from what I have heard EXACTLY what was predicted would happen ended up happening to Inner Sanctum. The mobs were given more HP and harder hitting abilitys. Big [I cannot control my vocabulary]ing deal, any guild that is clearing this zone regularly will still clear it with no problem.

I have generally thought the dev team was doing a decent job but after seeing what is happening with "mob buffs" and "improved loot" I am beginning to see the devs have no clue what is good in this game and what makes an encounter hard. I mean how many procs do we have to see with Does Not Affect epic targets. I am a hardcore raider I spent 0 minutes in EQ2 outside of forming for raids or raiding what use do I have for a 22% haste proc that doesnt effect epic targets?
  13. ARCHIVED-BlytheSpirit Guest

I've just removed about a page of posts that were almost entirely namecalling.

Folks, it IS possible to hold a discussion about fabled drops without insulting each others' guilds, play styles, competence, and parentage. Whether it takes 1 hour or 100 hours to get through a raid zone for anybody's guild and what that means about their personal lives is not the topic of this thread, there is no one single "right" playstyle that every player (or guild) should aspire to. And that's part of what makes this game great. :)

So please, let's return to the original topic of discussion and keep it courteous, constructive, and mature as the forum rules of conduct request. If you want to continue to insult each other, I know you know there are other places you can take such debates. Continued off-topicness and pot-shots at each other on these forums will most likely result in this thread being locked (again). :smileytongue:
  14. ARCHIVED-KlutchSteele Guest

Guys post even says Keep it Real......:)
  15. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

Hi,
    so, then please can someone explain to me, why the Mobs needed a Lag-Attack to make them more difficult ?
    I think more HP and better abilities would've sufficed, but, as we were yesterday in MMIS, all of the Vampires Special abilities
    (Courtesians Charm, V'Lektas AE, etc.) caused our whole Raid to lag extermely. Nice Feature :-/
    Best regards,
    theriatis. (Valor).
  16. ARCHIVED-ReviloTX Guest

We went last night, without any stakes. Killed Enyntil no probs, slightly more difficult because his HP are higher (first shot ran into repop probs on the chap in his room). Second pull burned him down fine before the repop.
    V'Tekla, is MUCH more difficult. The adds are now epics and cannot be mez'd (well not permanently). The de-level debuff causes him to hit extremely hard, 7k+ auto attack. We only took a few shots, and moved on, but we weren't able to kill him.. in fact I think about 15 seconds is the longest we survived. MT went down every time the de-level (with added bonus of lag delay) hit.
    D'Lizta is also considerably more difficult. Previously we were able to burn her from 6% to zero before the AE went off. Last night it went off at 9% (we were pacing down waiting for 5% as we had done previously). I don't know if the timer used to start at 10% or 5% (reports were 5%), but it now starts earlier, or is shorter. The mob also has over 5 mil HP, so burning 10% in 6 seconds seems theoretically impossible now. Make sure you go recruit some bards for this one (hardcore raid guild roster's required FTW! .. /sarcasm).
    We decided to call it a night after all that mess. As usual, it seems they went a bit overboard in adjusting the difficulty, but I guess time will tell.
  17. ARCHIVED-vladsamier Guest

We only have 3 bards on our roster and we were able to kill it before any AE...
  18. ARCHIVED-markdevox Guest

raid guilds farm zones till well equipped
    raid guilds then post zones are too easy
    soe listen, zones get upped
    the majority of guilds who were doing the content go "ack" leaving the others going "lol"
    rinse repeat...
    :smileytongue:
    The zone wasn't in line with EoF raid progression and was a bit too easy so the tweaks were appropriate but it remains to be seen if the pendulum has swung too far the other way and it's now too hard for the "target audience" whatever that might be.
  19. ARCHIVED-TwistedFaith Guest

hurray for content 0.01% will ever see lol
  20. ARCHIVED-Krontak Guest

Without the stakes though? Bards aren't the only source of aoe avoidance so you could do it with 0 bards.