Milyex Vioren Feedback

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-timetravelling, Aug 22, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

Yea, I'm glad that this is being looked into. It's ridiculous that some Trak/Byzola killing guilds are having problems with a mere drake. Milyex needs to be kicked down a little bit and maybe the other loot pinata dragons need to be boosted slightly as they are a bit too easy even compared to the trash. Trak could do with a slight boost too in my opinion as he is a little too simple once things get going.
  2. ARCHIVED-Mr. Dawkins Guest

Gaige wrote:
    To my knowledge there was 1 PUR on test, I was there and we never got him past 75%. Considering the thread goes from test feedback straight into live feedback I am going to assume the 1 test raid I attended was the only test raid. In which case no he never was killed in a test environment ever.
  3. ARCHIVED-CenturaEQ Guest

Yes, first time then probably. We went there the following friday and killed it in 5 pulls.
  4. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Mr. Dawkins wrote:
    The test PUR tried the mob on two seperate nights and on the second one they killed it. I talked to a few of the people from the raid.
  5. ARCHIVED-Mr. Dawkins Guest

Fair enough. Although from teh first night 50% of the raid was being handed whatever item they could think of, encluding avitar loot. I personaly asked for the woven shadow breastplate because the day I looted it the day after I test copied.
    Others were asking for some pretty serious stuff, none of which I am assuming any normal guild will have.
  6. ARCHIVED-CuCullain Guest

In the future it seems like a good idea if the developers would make "generic" versions of classes to test raid content.

In practice they would get a PUR like they did for this new version of the drake, except those people would be given level 80 generic copies of their applicable class with what the devs consider"reasonable gear" on them. It seems the only realistic way to create a solid baseline for testing raid content for balance. Otherwise you end up with what we have now where it seems a change was made to make a fight more enjoyable, but a PUR grabbed uber gear/had uber gear and ended up creating a uber test of the content instead of a typical baseline, and in turn a mob balanced on uber gearing.
  7. ARCHIVED-Gargamel Guest

Well yeah, if we were talking out end-game mob just after an expansion, I'd expect it to be taylored to the .01% of players and 'impossible' to most everyone for the first few months.
    But 10 months after expansion, 7 weeks from next expansion, to an otherwise inconsequential mob... seems like a pretty silly and dramatic change IMO. There are a million other ways to make the fight more fun than before (getting rid of the mob root for instance, or at least removing the regen from the wing beat so you can recover)
  8. ARCHIVED-acctlc Guest

timetravelling wrote:
    While you are at it..can you try and fix the LD issue, especially if you aren't going to reduce the health as more and more generators spawn. 2-3 LD's per fight and 6 secs more per generator won't do a lick of good....
  9. ARCHIVED-Epyx Guest

encounter works as intended, please dear lord don't try to "tweak" or "fix" an encounter that is already "tweaked" VS3.0??? anyone just leave it as is and ppl will learn to deal with it.

all you need is a captain or some guy familiar with a compass and he can direct the raid!

generator to port!
    generator to starboard!!!

so yea don't change it, it's fine, just fix the ld's i have ppl w/ 4000$ systems going LD and wondering why.
  10. ARCHIVED-Noob1974 Guest

I dotn need if thats been mentioned, but if your raidinstance was opened before
    GU48 you get the " 2min Cake" Version. We fought him last night, having opened
    the Instance last monday. We noticed Travenros is more agressive, more
    teleporting, AEs andhealing as usual.
  11. ARCHIVED-Valdar Guest

Gaige wrote:
    Did they kill the version where you get first one, then two and finally 3 generators? I find it very hard to believe that a PUR however good it's players was capable of killing the mob in it's current form.
  12. ARCHIVED-SinIsLaw Guest

Phaust@Nagafen wrote:
    Yes, they did! But you gotta remember that the TEST Server version did spawn the generators only ever 25 seconds, not 20 seconds as it is right now!

With the change to 20-> 26 seconds and the resist change this encounter should be not much harder then other Wing 2 mobs, if you just get the coordination right... just make sure you come up with a sensible way of calling out what generator is up.
  13. ARCHIVED-simpwrx02 Guest

Auron@Befallen wrote:
    Ummm Port and Starboard are relative directions based on current heading and have nothing to do with a compass.
    But yeah only issue I had was the inconistany of landing spells on the generators, not sure how a inanimate object has such insanely high resists, was averageing maybe 75% hit rate on the generators and as a wizzy that basically takes my time to do damage from 15ish seconds down to 10 seconds.
  14. ARCHIVED-Epyx Guest

simpwrx02 wrote:
    ok include aft and stern!
  15. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

I see no reason to change something like this.
  16. ARCHIVED-Rhymez Guest

well chaning it this late into the expansion is a joke imo

i mean ok it had to be madde more difficult but im getting annoyed everytime that they never improve the loot from those mobs

theres 5 loot pinatas in SoH that drop some of the best stuff in the game for slots available and those can be killed by some pickup raid
    could you guys at SoE maybe consider altering the loot once u change a mob that matches the difficulty for killing it
    a hard mob should drop approriate loot a easy etc...
    but it never happened and this is a joke
  17. ARCHIVED-drasklin Guest

We killed him last night, it was a fun fight and vast improvement over the original encounter. Nice job on the fix. I would hope tho, that you would fix the loot table too, he's not worth taking the time to kill other than passing thru to the 3rd wing.
  18. ARCHIVED-CenturaEQ Guest

Durancer@Runnyeye wrote:
    False. They popped every 20 seconds. There is NO DIFFERENCE between the Milyex we did on Test and the version that is currently out on Live servers.
  19. ARCHIVED-Soul_Dreamer Guest

CenturaEQ wrote:
    Except for the small fact that the raid included some of the best geared characters WW AND you where being given better items, as has been said, close to anything you asked for. I'm pretty sure a guild who has just killed Nexona/Druushk and who isn't farming avatars each spawn isn't going to kill this 5th pull, if ever.
  20. ARCHIVED-CenturaEQ Guest

Some people wwas very good geared, yes. Some people was very poorly geared, as well.
    A bad raid setup and people that never played together? Yeah, the gear won't make that big of a difference. It's STILL doable for people that just killed Druushk/Nexona, but it will be very hard.
    Not even half the raid asked for items from the GM.