Milyex Vioren Feedback

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-timetravelling, Aug 22, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Jida Guest

Ok, Going to go back in on Friday the 29th at 7pm EST.
    ensure you do a /test copy add
    I've you never have copied to the test server, you need to create a new toon to see your copied toon in the character selection screen.
    Taking whomever shows up.. so show up.. Really need some mage/ranger lovin for this fight.
  2. ARCHIVED-McBenzos Guest

Wow... way to completely screw up the zone guys. Mass LDs and you guys screwed up the pattern drops... Wow.

Can't say you didn't see it coming!
  3. ARCHIVED-Beastmage Guest

Charming@Mistmoore wrote:
    The whole point of a test server is to aid the developers test content and identify bugs, obviously there is a couple bugs and hopefully they can use last night to figure them out. I wouldn't get upset about it unless it goes live with all the crashing still happening.
  4. ARCHIVED-Druid03 Guest

Jida wrote:
    if you plan on going again on a saturday PM me here or on flames (Kurazao is the handle)

i could test copy whatever pretty much, so just let me know
  5. ARCHIVED-McBenzos Guest

Beastmage wrote:
    So uh, still holding that statement true there buddy? A couple bugs? Every set pattern piece causing to crash? You can't even access the third wing? Wingbeat hitting every 5-14 seconds instead of 40-60? They can use last night to figure out what they're going to do about it two weeks from now, when they get around to caring. Because let's be honest here; if they cared, they wouldn't put buggy bs in the game to begin with. Cheers Rothgar, you really dropped the ball on this one. Maybe you should spend a little less time posting stupid Austin Powers' jokes on the forums, and a little more time doing your job.. wait for it.. wait for it...

Correctly.
  6. ARCHIVED-Fatuus Guest

Charming@Mistmoore wrote:
    Is this encounter broken.......Absolutely.
    Do the Devs know what they are doing when they code......Absolutely not.
    1) How could you possibly miss the VP pattern deal...I mean SERIOUSLY.
    2) When we went tp fight this mob, we had one guildie do something stupid and aggro the mob. He died and Milynex COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED. The mob didn't even appear on track. His Engineer was up...so we engaged the mob. No aggro of the named. We got the engineer to 0% and it laid dead on the ground....still no named. We tried to reset the encounter so we ran to the lift and the encounter didn't break until the lift REACHED THE BOTTOM! Luckily for us Milynex respawned then and we killed it in a 1 minute broken fight WITH 18 people!
    3) Noone can get past any mob that has Wingbeat as an AOE since they all have a 5 to 7 second recast now. (unless you can burn it in like 1 minute if you have some tricks saved) What were you thinking devs! You just wasted EVERY guilds raiding schedule by sheer and utter lack of testing that you could have done with 2 toons in zone.
    The zone mobs needs to be reset back on the Servers to the way they fought PRIOR to LU 48 so you can actually PLAY the zone! We can't even fight Trak too now since YOU CAN'T GET TO HIM!
    Fix this stuff in TEST not on live servers
  7. ARCHIVED-timetravelling Guest

Fatuus wrote:
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into #2, though it will likely be very difficult to reproduce, and #3 should have been hotfixed out this morning.
  8. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Timetravelling, your sig is AWESOME! YTMND for the win!
  9. ARCHIVED-CenturaEQ Guest

I haven't done new Milyex on Live yet, only Test. Anyway, I heard people saying that the generators is not popping anymore.
    Is it bugged or did you remove the generators?
    I really hope it is bugged out of those two, because if you removed the generators, then you did a very, very bad decision.

So, if it is bugged, fix ASAP! If you removed the generators, then add them to the encounter again (EXACTLY like it was on Test because the encounter was 100% perfect on Test).
  10. ARCHIVED-timetravelling Guest

CenturaEQ wrote:
    The generators were definitely not removed, if they are not spawning for you or any other raid then that is absolutely a bug. Hopefully they're still spawning, bc as you said it was working pretty well on test =)
  11. ARCHIVED-CenturaEQ Guest

Oh, thank god.
    Like I said, I haven't done New Milyex on Live, yet. What I heard in WW Channels is that there are no generators on Milyex, just Milyex and the engineer. No generators, so it is bugged.
  12. ARCHIVED-Koltur Guest

1st off, I'd like to say, this mob was suck easy before. I'm glad to see that the mob is getting harder. However, considering his rather pathetic loot-table this level of a difficulty increase was rather somewhat 'over the top'. Although, I enjoy a good challenge, please review his loot table to coincide with his upgraded difficulty.
    Thanks ;)
  13. ARCHIVED-Lord Morain Daknar Guest

I'd say he is way too hard now. when he starts spawning 3 generators it gets kinda hairy.
    He's killable yes, but is it appropriate for him to be harder than Trakanon and Byzola? Because in my opinion he is.
  14. ARCHIVED-Zenithan Guest

Doing this fight on live now. There's no was this fight got tuned properly on test or in dev test. The sheer amount of dps required (and luck) when you get 3 orbs up is insane. My guild has killed trak, can put out 100k on VP trash, can barely get the 3 orbs down in time most of the time. Still not killed him yet but hopefully gettting there tonight.
    I don't see how any new guilds or guilds who up to before this change were not clearing VP (and fully Mythical-ed) could output the dps required once 3 orbs start spawning. Many others agree as seen here: http://www.eq2flames.com/zones-popu...n-feedback.html
    Honestly the most logical change I can think of to bring this fight back on par with the rest of the instance is to just have 2 orbs, and perhaps at 50% increase their spawn cycle time. The three just lends itself to much to luck and requires way to much dps then the mob should be balanced for.
  15. ARCHIVED-Biscuet Guest

This sure seems like a joke to me. It wouldn't have been so bad if it was a few months after the expansion came out but 10 months later?. I'm seeing that alot of guilds that are currently killing avatars, Byzola, Maestro are not able to get past this encounter. I sure hope theres going to be some kind've fix to make this more reasonable. As we speak, this encounter is WAY unbalanced with all the other content in VP and outside of it. Yes, I know that this encounter has been beat but at this time, it requires more than what most guilds will have to beat it (avatar, trak, byzola, maestro etc loot). Spending hours on a encounter that was put in game 10 months ago and we've been beating for quite a few months does not =fun....(especially when he drops the worst loot on the second floor at that!)

Biscuet
  16. ARCHIVED-acctlc Guest

Also just tried this for the first time since patch. The fight went from a boring long piece of cake fight to more or less impossible for my guild. We don't always have the perfect raid setup and unlike the guilds that run nothing but the top tier dps we have a fair number of those classes considered "rejects" in RoK (aka summoners and an extra tank or two sometimes). There is absolutely no way in hell we have enough time to burn the generators to keep this mob from healing up. 2 is a stretch for us and 3 will be completely impossible. Its not a problem with coordination its a problem with sheer numbers. I can kick half my raiders and recruit an extra 5 or 6 assassins and maybe he's doable

Also can I ask how can a generator *resist*??? My spells as a conjuror were bouncing off generators like they were an orange con mob....wth is that? This encounter needs to be looked at seriously.
  17. ARCHIVED-acctlc Guest

Agree. This mob is a major roadblock in VP now. Easily harder than both Drushk and Nexona. The amount of time given to get these generators down is nuts, and requires some serious bloody spike dps to even thing about getting 3. Great another encounter where DoT classes get to sit outside of VP instead of getting in there to play. Thanks a ton from a very unhappy conj.
  18. ARCHIVED-Tehom Guest

While I won't go so far as to say it's flatly impossible for a guild that has just killed Druuhsk/Nexona for the first time to get past Milyex, I do think it'd be very nearly so and require min-maxing and fine-tuning of a raid force that would likely not be found in any raid force to encounter him this late in the expansion.
    This is very poorly tuned for a miniboss at the stage in progression for which he is intended; the dps requirements should be at least halved. It should be changed to only have two generators spawn in the final stage, have their health reduced, have him no longer heal as a result of a generator being consumed, have them spawn more slowly, and/or take longer to be consumed.
  19. ARCHIVED-acctlc Guest

Chath@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Exactly..stock your raid with spike dps and tons of buffs = win on this mob. Not all guilds run like that SoE. You made the classes and some guilds still actually rely on them..for example summoners. Most hardcore guilds aren't even running them anymore and any that do, I will almost guarantee they get sat this fight. There are guilds out there that don't run like that..we take the classes no one else wants and we take a little longer to kill stuff. Now we're being told that because we do, we're not good enough to get past wing 2 in VP......
  20. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

We killed this mob tonight and I didn't think it was too bad. Takes some dps and coordination but its definately doable. I don't think its anywhere near impossible. I *do* think guilds are panicing when they get to 3 generators and thus all these posts in this thread.

I also think people are forgetting that VP is Tier 4 and before SoH was launched it was the hardest instanced raid in RoK. It sounds to me like some people were under the impression this was just another Protector's Realm.

If anything I personally believe other named in VP should be retuned to be more like Milyex and less like the crappy loot pinatas they already are.

Maybe, just maybe a few of you guys struggling with this mob should give it more effort than a pull or two before giving up and calling it impossible.

Besides some of the suggestiions in this thread would make the "new" Milyex even easier than the old one, which would make the entire change pointless in the first place.