Milyex Vioren Feedback

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-timetravelling, Aug 22, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Geothe Guest

Yes,
    The new Milyex changes are just fine.
    The mob is on par with the rest of the wing essentially, and is no longer mind-numbingly boring.
  2. ARCHIVED-YeldarbSpiritblade Guest

This guy is a joke. There was a couple weeks there where it was fun, and I actually woke up for this encounter. It was fast paced, a bit challenging, and a whole lot better than a ranger pinata. Now, it's just a pinata, period. Most trash is harder. In fact, I don't think the whole fight was more than 26 sec. I remember swinging at a drake for a few seconds, then it was over. Way to build our hopes on another challenging encounter, only to dash it on the rocks of mediocrity.
    Almost forgot...
    Just Sayin...
  3. ARCHIVED-CuCullain Guest

Finally got a chance to pull the new version of the mob last night. The adjustments have brought him on par in difficulty again, while at the same time it at least adds some fun to the fight compared to how horribly poor he was before. Good job, hope the taskmaster changes are along these same lines.
  4. ARCHIVED-Anduri Guest

Firstly, he was too hard after the GU. He is now pathetically easy though. I was sorely disappointed when we fought him this week after the nerf.
    Saying he is now on par with the rest of the wing is no argument as they're all horribly broken encounters as well.
  5. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

somewhere between the first version with 10 second generators with tons of HP popping 3 at a time and now it is pathetically easy, a nice area right between those 2 versions would have been ideal but at this point, i'm not sure any changes would be a good idea.
  6. ARCHIVED-Tazdragon Guest

jrolla777 wrote:
    Same thing just happened to our raid today, and no chest either
    Petitioned and was told by GM that we had to kill the 2 mobs closer together
    And there was no respawn of the mob or a replacement chest
    So we are not very happy. for the GM to know that we had to kill the 2 mobs closer together means it is a known bug and then to not compensate the raid was is not good customer service. The GM said he was not allowed to by his "lead"
    Cheers
    Knight Captain Karakka
    Lucan DLere
  7. ARCHIVED-Antipaladin Guest

If you have been farming Veeshan's peak and other zones prior to the change on milyex and feel he's too easy now, kindly keep your mouth shut. You have gear that's beyond the mob, and of course the mob will be easymode. Seriously, every time I see people complaining about a mob getting made too easy, it's from people geared out well beyond the mob in question. Milyex is dead easy, but will still bring some challenge to raid forces currently working on clearing Veeshan's peak, and I do believe that is intended by the developers.
  8. ARCHIVED-firza Guest

Antipaladin wrote:
    Milyex in its current form will not be a challange to anyone who killed Nexona or Druushk before it......
  9. ARCHIVED-Antipaladin Guest

firza wrote:
    It didn't pose any challenge in the past, and it's too late to make the mob a challenge now.
  10. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Screwing around with raid progression after hundreds of people already have Mythicals is a BAD IDEA [TM].

Nexona and Druushk are the gatekeepers. Adding another gatekeeper after the fact is totally unfair. It sounds like the encounter has been tuned to be more interesting without being sufficiently more difficult. And that sounds like what it should be. Difficulty should not be increased on something after hundreds of people have done it.

If you want to vote for SoE to make a leetsauce version of VP called 'Return to VP' which requires 24 Mythicals, then petition for that. :)
  11. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    I see this kind of thing stated a lot and it isn't really accurate. The fact of the matter is that the first people to beat content often deal with harder encounters but have the drive to beat them anyway. Milyex was supposed to be a fix to a bad mechanic (rooted mob) not necessarily a realignment into ezmode just because guilds have their mythicals already. Having her in line with Druushk/Nexona would've been fine. There is nothing wrong with fixing a bad script later on. This is an ever-changing game. The developers should have the freedom to be able to change things to be more inline with what they should've always been without worrying about a playerbase crying foul.

The new Milyex is too easy. We've killed her now in under 2 minutes w/o even seeing the 3 generators spawn. Its not a challenge at all for guilds that have progressed to Milyex and have the mythicals rewarded before her. I'd be hard pressed to believe she is even remotely challenging to anyone at all.
  12. ARCHIVED-drasklin Guest

I liked the mob better before the nerf. Originally it was a boreing time sinc, now it's just a boreing nothing, kinda like a trash mob, that drops nothing of value and simply stands between nex and level 3. At least before the nerf it was kinda fun to kill.
  13. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

Personally I think its ridiculous that 1/3 of the dragons in the zone are a complete joke. I mean they're freaking dragons...they should be harder than trash instead they are loot pinatas.