Milyex Vioren Feedback

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-timetravelling, Aug 22, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Soul_Dreamer Guest

Thats the point, the change was brought in to make her a more fun fight and get rid of the /autoattack 2 /afk part of the fight.

Instead we get a Druushk/Nexona style update to a mob 10 months after the zone was released. Guilds progressing now to Milyex should get the same chance at beating her as everyone else did, this has been taken away from them, she's just not tuned for a raid force with 50% mythicals who aren't killing Meastro, Byzola, Trakanon and Contested.

As for the "Have a good strat and you can get around the DPS requirements" what a crock, the fight is 100% DPS dependant. The only strat that exists for her is..
    Kill generators as they spawn as fast as possible, while DPSing on Milyex and keeping the engineer beat down.

You can make the fight slightly easier by having your raid spread out in such a way as to minimise the distance they have to move on generator pops but as soon as you get unlucky and 2/3 all pop in one area and DPS have to move a distance to get to it you're up the creak without a paddle.

People saying VP "Should be hard, it's the end zone of RoK", I agree, BUT, it should have been hard to start with, not have it the cake walk it was at release and gradually make it harder as some of the more casual guilds make it there.

If Milyex stays as is or the change isn't enough to bring her back inline with her location in the zone, guilds getting into VP will get stuck on her and SOE will loose more players.
  2. ARCHIVED-davorak Guest

This encounter is not so hard, took the guild fallen on befallen about 5 or 6 trys to beat it. It really is a shame to hear other guilds just using the revive bug to skip milyex and just revive in the third wing and not learn the encounter. Seems some people spend more time asking for encounters to be nerfed than actually working on them in game. Oh and I can see how they made VP harder removing the respawning drake, puting in revive points, god forbid you have to run 5 minutes as a penalty for wiping, adding smart loot and doubling pattern drops.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kizee Guest

davorak wrote:
    You should read alittle more before you post.
    You are an avatar killing guild so all your players are pretty well maxed out. Grats on the 5-6 pulls it took for you to beat it however the mob will be another roadblock for guilds just killing dru and nex.
    How would you feel if you just killed them and SoE added another roadblock to get mythicals?
  4. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

If a mob that's meant for middle of the line progression takes a guild at the top 5-6 tries to kill, it's just right? No, that's obviously showing it is wrong. Though, why would it even take 5-6 tries to kill, it's all about positioning and DPS, hell I can barely think of any reason why you would die your first pull unless you weren't prepared and didn't get positioned right for it.

Honestly, for people at the top, it's fine, but since it's not meant for that, a slight nerf is needed. Or make the loot better. Hrm, i'll take the nerf.
  5. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

i'm in a guild that has cleared all instanced content, and fairly easily now. i will say that the DPS requirement on this mob is a little too steep for guilds who have just cleared druushk/nexona and are only half mythicalled and averagely geared. unless one of those guilds completely stacks their raid, they probably won't be killing this mob except by possibly a stroke of luck in DPS spikes and spawns in just the right spot at the right time.
    it is now reminiscent of venril sathir in progression towards the middle of zones, a roadblock. guilds without superior coordination or DPS will fail at this mob. i have no problem with having a difficult mob at the end of progression but this isn't the end of progression for VP, Trakanon is, and besides that beefing up mobs after the fact is just lame to do to guilds just getting to that level vs the guilds that cleared it before, got the gear to help them beat it the next trip around. adjusting a boring mob to be more fun is one thing, making the mob quite a bit more difficult in the process is another.
  6. ARCHIVED-Soul_Dreamer Guest

davorak wrote:
    Firstly, we've been clearing VP WITH all the above, asking for the mob to be tweaked to the difficulty it should be for it's positioning within VP and the gear a LOWER TIER guild will have when they meet her is just asking for balancing, there is a very large difference....

Secondly, it was the HC guilds who got to VP first asking for Smart loot on the patterns and asking why Silverwing/PHara drop 2 and all other dragons only 1. When the HC guilds get what they ask for you can't throw it in the face of the more casual guilds as an excuse for wanting to keep this mob in game the way it is.

Milyex would have been fine had she been like this from start, but putting another road block infront of Guilds just making it past Nexona/Druushk when no guilds before would have had to have fought it for their mythicals is way out of order and I expect SOE to loose subscriptions if she stays as is.
  7. ARCHIVED-Sinister Guest

just out of interest. did the change on milyex gone live today ?
    there is nothing in the patch notes about it. but changes like this are rarely in the patch notes anyway.

on the topic. i like the new fight. the only thing i dont like is the dps requirement. its too steep for a guild that just got a couple of mythicals and not enough vp gear. i hope the small fix will bring this fight back in line. will be more fun for sure.
  8. ARCHIVED-CuCullain Guest

Another suggestion for the developers.
    One of the biggest hurdles for the less HC raid guilds is time and instance duration. While X days is plenty for a guild that raids 5+ days a week and for Y hours a night, it is in some cases not nearly enough for a less HC raid guild.
    Two of the biggest problem dungeons for this concern are Veeshan's Peak and Emerald Halls. Both require a comparably large number of hours/days to complete, especially when a guild/raid force is learning the content. Combine that with road blocking mobs and you have a recipe for frustration.
    Right now one of the biggest concerns for raids in VP is timing it so they can clear the two gatekeepers and still have enough time to clear the rest of the zone before it resets and the gatekeepers are back again.
    Up until now a raid force had a decent chance to get through the rest of the dungeon after doing so, even if they couldn't raid for as many hour/days.
    After the change (though maybe this will be better once the mentioned fixes go in) guilds smack their faces on the Drake in wing two. The problem that arises is for those guilds that have cleared the two gatekeepers and now are watching their instance duration tick away as they spend a great deal of time learning/executing this new mobs strat. It is not at all unrealistic to think that some raid forces may indeed fail on this mob the first few nights. However each failed attempt has a good chance of causing the timers to expire and the guild to again have to take down Druushk and nex all over again.
    It is one thing to create a mob that takes a sizeable chunk of time to learn, it is another to create one that has two other difficult mobs between you and pull attempts to learn him.
    So what do we do so that the less HC guilds still hae a chance to clear these instances and at the same time the Devs are not forced to kid glove the mobs so badly that the HC guilds fall asleep going through the content?
    Gnomish time distortion generator
    Guild hall Placeable
    X plat (keep it reasonable as this is for guild with less time and in turn typically less plat)
    x upkeep
    Use: Placed in a guild hall it allows anyone with the correct privileges to choose an existing instance they are keyed to and extend that instances duration 5 days. Only 1 instance per distortion generator can be affected in this way. After the new duration expires the instance resets as usual unless the duration is extended again.
  9. ARCHIVED-Soul_Dreamer Guest

Faush@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I hope to god they never do anything like this, whats the point in having the timers anyway if they bring this in? Learning encounters is soooooo much easier now with Repair bots, repairers in zones and repair kits. When these didn't exist you had a max of 10 pulls with your primary gear, then you had to leave and come back again later or use your backup gear.
  10. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Soul_Dreamer wrote:
    Do you have posts that show this to be true, because I certainly don't feel it is the case.
    Faush@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    The week the instance is persistant isn't enough for guilds to clear it? We've been know to do all of VP + Trak in the same night, about 4 hours or so. Are people really not clearing the entire zone before the instance expires?
  11. ARCHIVED-CuCullain Guest

Soul_Dreamer wrote:
    I don't really see this as making the zones a lot easier, it simply makes the content more accesable to people with less free time. If a guild takes down druushk after 2 weeks effort and then Nex in the same instance with another 2 weeks effort, how much easier is that than if they had to do it to both mobs in the same 1 week period? Both mobs are still dead and still required time and effort to kill. Did they have to be killed in the same 1 week? No they didn't, but that is more annoying than difficult. The zone is enugh of a grind at the start, why does a timer need to be used to add more to the grind? If a guild is good enough to take down the content, their availabily in relation to real life shouldn't be the only factor preventing them from progressing.

Though it is possible timers are placed to set a "difficulty' factor to a given zone, I'd think it is more a logistic put in place to allow people time to clear longer encounters while at the same time having a mechanism to make sure the servers are not completly bogged down with huge amounts of saved instances that never expire.
  12. ARCHIVED-CuCullain Guest

Gaige wrote:
    I'd guess the answer is yes, especially if they have not learned the mobs yet. I doubt that any guild was able to learn all the VP content in 1 weeks timer unless they got through all this back when you could exploit past the gate keepers. If I am wrong then I'd suggest that those guilds may be the exceptions and not the norms.
  13. ARCHIVED-foozlesprite Guest

I was there on the test raid that killed him and my guild hasn't killed Trak, Byzola, or any avatars (just now killing Maestro). I didn't get any extra loot, I actually had a few treasured pieces on that had been replaced on live but not on test. And I didn't see or hear anybody else getting loot but I admit I could have missed that. We'd never seen or played with each other and we didn't have a pick-and-choose optimum setup like a lot of guilds at this point in VP will. Took us 5 tries to kill him; my guild hasn't killed the new version on live yet but we've only tried once.

This fight as is will be difficult for people just now entering 2nd floor VP, it's somewhat difficult for a lot of guilds that have already cleared VP. Yes you have to take time to learn it as with any new encounter, but when they nerf it in a little while it should be just fine. As with any new mob, it will get easier each time you clear it with the same group!!!
  14. ARCHIVED-drasklin Guest

I always dreaded killing milyex before the change, it was a long, boreing senseless fight for no loot. It was a time senc just to get to 3rd wing. At least now it is somewhat interesting, not overly difficult and a faster kill than before. The loot table still stinks and tbh we more than likely wouldn't bother with the kill if we didn't need it to go on in the instance. My guild hasn't killed Trak and Byzola and never killed an avitar, I would say ths mob is in line with the difficulty of druushk and easier than nexona.
  15. ARCHIVED-Mr. Dawkins Guest

drasklin wrote:
    Explain how his loot table is bad. He has one of the best tower shields in game, before trak. He has one of the best healer shields in game. He also has one of the best 2h weapons in game. How is that a bad loot table?
  16. ARCHIVED-drasklin Guest

So, our 2 tanks get the tower shield and our warden got the buckler, no one ever uses a 2h weapon so the loot table now officially sucks. We mute everything he drops and have done so for quite awhile.
  17. ARCHIVED-Undorett Guest

timetravelling wrote:
    Timetravelling,
    Did this make today's hotfix, but not the hotfix notes? If not, will we likely see this in a hotfix soon or do we need to wait for GU49?
    Thanks,
    Undorett
  18. ARCHIVED-fix_druushk_now Guest

imagine if your guild had only a couple of mythicals.... Druushk is nearly unkillable by most guilds now. Sure, the HC guilds that already have gear can and do kill Druushk. But, what about those guilds who are just recently entering VP? Fat chance. We pulled for 3 hours and got him to 93%. Zone-wide AE on 4 people who are out of range for heals. Brilliant. Druushk double attacking the tank for 10k + 10k = more brilliant! Add in AE Fear, Damageshield with AE, and you've got a WHOLE LOT OF PEOPLE QUITTING EQ2!

Grats Sony.
  19. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

Don't be ridiculous, Druushk is fine and there are guilds out there that are still clearing Druushk without bought mythicals and using gear normally gotten through progression. Milyex is the real issue as there is no way he should be harder than Byzola let alone Trakanon. Being healed over 10% of his life and launching players whenever you are too slow is just dumb.
  20. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

So you're saying that people wiping to Druushk/Nexona for around four hours straight, one to two days a week for weeks on end without bought mythicals and using available gear up to that point until finally beating them doesnt translate to what most "normal" people would deal with? Take comfort in whatever you want, it doesn't change the fact that there are people who stick it out and beat him as intended after a lot of hard work who didn't ride the easy mode versions or buy their mythicals. Normally I'm not one to make assumptions but if we're going by your name, and all of your posts under that name....you seem like the kind of person who won't be satisfied with what anyone says unless they are 100% in agreement with what you want even if it's wrong.