Milyex Vioren Feedback

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-timetravelling, Aug 22, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Noob1974 Guest

First, we are not a hc raid guild, it took as 2 tonights and 10 Pulls to get druushk down. have a strategy and organization..

i dont want to have Druushk/Nexona nerfed, theres a reason why they are so hard. Theya re the first epic mobs for
    mythicals and vp set pattern. On every server you have casual raidforces that can kill them.
  2. ARCHIVED-Soul_Dreamer Guest

Druushk and Nexona are fine the way they are.

Took my guild maybe 30 pulls of Druushk and about the same on Nexona to drop them both, we've been farming VP for about a month now so they're doable, they just take effort and co-ordination.

Milyex is as close to impossible as it gets for a guild who have never killed anything past Milyex in VP and who aren't killing Meastro, Byzola or Avatars. The DPS requirement is simply to high for those guilds.

2 Generators popping every 20 seconds is probably the most alot of these guilds could manage, 3 every 20 will simply be to much for them.

Unless everyone is missing something THERE IS NO strat to bypass the very high DPS requirements on Milyex.
  3. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

Hi,
    we're eager to see Milyex now for the first time after the change ourselves, will post a small report then.
    Regards, theriatis.
  4. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

Biscuet wrote:
    If those guilds are having problems killing it, they are terrible and shouldn't be killing that content. Also if you would have bothered to read other posts, you'll have seen that they already are planning on re-balancing it.

Still though, you are terrible if you can beat Byzola, Maestro, Trakanon, and Avatars, but not Milyex.
  5. ARCHIVED-Wyvernblade Guest

Wow, we spent all night last nigh trying to kill him. Changing this guy this late in the expansion to this level of difficulty is definitely not fair to those who have not gotten past Druushk and Nexona. We haven't been able to kill it after several pulls. We just can't get the needed DPS for the generators. Sure, I think it's doable and we just need a bit more practice but definitely not fair to guilds who didn't progress as fast as the top guilds.
    The idea is fun. I like the way the generators work but its DPS requirement is too much.
  6. ARCHIVED-CruelHearte Guest

Agreed. We worked on this fight for a few hours last night, and never managed to pull out the dps for three generators. We would get to the three spawn every time and then miss one, and things all went to hell. This fight just feels abnormally hard for guilds that aren't rolling in VP loot (which we aren't - we had our first VP clear the week before he was changed.)
  7. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

fix_druushk_now wrote:
    If you are a guild that is truly new to Druushk, and have no one that knows the encounter, you will have issues, but no more than any other guild did when the mob was changed. Every guild (save for 2 or 3 guilds that took advantage of an early exploit) had to kill Druushk in its current state without mythical weapons, as the changes to Druushk and Nexona (who is harder btw) came in at the same time as mythicals.
    If you pulled him for 3 hours, I would assume you are about 10% of the way to understanding the encounter. Everything in the encounter can be timed, if you know how it all fits together. Once you have killed it, you should never have issues with it again. it was not inusual for guilds to do nothing but pull Nexona 3 or 4 nights a week for a month to figure it out, but it was also not uncommon for those guilds to first pull it on their second kill.
  8. ARCHIVED-ZoriouzBlaze Guest

Please confirm that these changes have been made, tested and on the live servers....
    "a "dps group" to maintain less than 8000dps over those 26s in order to kill the generator in time."
  9. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

Undorett wrote:
    It went in today's hotfix according to the patch notes. Having an extra 6s should be more than enough for any guild. And also, if you can't form a group for a generator that can do 8000 DPS(which is very little), then you have problems.
  10. ARCHIVED-Xanrn Guest

His loot table is shoddy, the rest of the non-Dragons all have 6 item loot tables.

I hope with SO that the lesser number of raid mobs means better loot tables.
  11. ARCHIVED-Undorett Guest

Pinski wrote:
    Yes, you're right...how did we ever get past Nexona and Druushk with so little DPS. Anyway, last night it seemed like all we needed was about 2 more seconds, when they were spawning 3 at a time we could get 2 down and the 3rd about 2/3s of the way down. 6 more seconds will be more than enough time for us to finish.
  12. ARCHIVED-jrolla777 Guest

last night the engineer didnt die when we killed Milyex. and we couldnt kill the engineer, he would just fd.
    is this a bug or working as intended?
    we killed mileyx opposite the side the engineer was on.
  13. ARCHIVED-code Guest

Morghus wrote:
    I think the 4 clickers being in combat is the issue. And I agree, it's not fun. Beatable, but not fun.
  14. ARCHIVED-code Guest

We just had several people quit EQ2. Bummer :*(
  15. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

/ignore fix_druushk_now !
    Just hijacking every thread because his unability to get Druushk laid :)
    Took us weeks, but we did it (yeap, without Mythicals), so, this Mob is fine as it is.
    Back to Topic:
    We'll try Milyex with a freshly opened Instance & newly patched Game, so stay tuned !
    Regards, theriatis.
  16. ARCHIVED-Sinister Guest

because the encounter was tuned so it possible to kill it again ? we did it yesterday. no problem anymore.
  17. ARCHIVED-Wyvernblade Guest

The additional tweaking made a huge difference. We didn't fail to kill a generator once. We walked in after the update and first pulled him.
    The fight was definitely fun, more engaging, and enjoyable than the original version. I don't think that this will block guilds that are just now getting to him.
  18. ARCHIVED-Peldaar Guest

Did Milyex last night and like the changes made to it. This seems about right for guilds just killing nex and druushk.
  19. ARCHIVED-brammator Guest

Druushk was doable without mythicals even in pre-nerfed form, when adds had 1.5x HP and spawned two times faster. Stop whining.

And for myliex vs HC avatar-geared raidforce? Lol, we swipe statues and egineer with regular MT group while OT and other two group spanked drake. Killed on first pull, excuse for bragging, but don't start about "HC raid killed it from 6th pull". Seriously, guys, I heard that testcopied raid wasn't even 24, and of course wasn't fully geared.
  20. ARCHIVED-Antipaladin Guest

Milyex in his current form should be on par for a raidforce not fully equipped with mythicals. Way better fight than the afk fest he used to be.