Loot Tables - COE:Advanced Solo zones

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Blambil, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Skyshrine AS zones were untouched, so you can still get your research items there.

I couldn't be happier with the changes. Spending all that time in a zone just to get a crappy repair kit or a few hours of research time felt like a waste. The chance of getting a spirit stone is decent incentive as well.
  2. Tineren Active Member

ST is still pretty much tied with Dreadcutter for the fastest run, especially now that the Eternal sentinel has been nerfed from minor speed bump to trash mob.
  3. Lempo Well-Known Member

I'll assure you that there is still a segment that will complain that he is too hard and the rewards are not enough. But you are right he was a minor speed bump at best pre-nerf, and turned into a joke afterwards.
    Deveryn likes this.
  4. Kander Developer

So overall. Positive changes? What do we think?

Please be constructive and mindful of other poster's opinions.
  5. Lempo Well-Known Member

I have no desire to run any of them to fill in the time any longer because the temporary adornments have been removed.
    This changed punished a fair number of players that would run these to fill the time before raid.
    It rewarded players that in all honesty seemed to want to do less for more.

Put the temp adorns at a 10,15 maybe a 25% drop rate (though I feel thats too high) in the treasure chests that drop off the named mobs in there.
    Also research reduction potions, some people don't like that they were removed.
    Another poster suggested we go run skyshrine zones, that is not an acceptable alternative, and since you asked to be mindful of others opinions I'll not suggest an alternative for them.

The temp adorns were nice to have in there, now... meh I'll just stand around doing nothing for 20 min before raid.
  6. Mae- Well-Known Member

I've only been running these lately for the research reduction (13 toons, lots of experts still needed!), temp adorns, and occasionally the rarer loot peices (primal as well as cloaks/belts for the yellow adorns). If you're going to remove the research reduction and temp adorns, that's 90% of the reason I run them these days.
  7. Mohee Active Member

Please put back the same number of drops from ST as you'd get before with 2 people, and HM WBE.
  8. Grumble69 Member

I like that the loot is now tradeable. But I'm not liking the reduction in the number of chests in ST.
  9. Lempo Well-Known Member

The reduction in the number of chests was needed, the extra chests were there to compensate for the random reward. The number of items in the chests are more than generous enough for the challenge level of the content. You were given a great increase in the usefulness of the loot you got with smartloot on the chests.
  10. Arieste Well-Known Member

So basically, you'd like a game world that does not have an economy. An economy implies that you can do one thing to earn money and then use that money to get something you didn't get yourself. Which you think is bad.

Well, I'm sorry, but this is just awful design. Trade and economy are some of the very few things that keep MMO games as actually MMO.

I think it's amazing and great that someone can theoretically spend their life crafting potions, then sell enough of those potions to amass enough plat to buy themselves something cool - like a mythical cloak. Or someone like me - who doesn't have time to craft a billion potions, but has the skill and company to obtain said mythical cloak - can sell the cloak and then use the money to buy those potions or whatever else I need. This is a HUGE part of what EQ2 and every good RPG and MMORPG are all about. I NEVER want this to change.

This is freedom of play, freedom of how to spend your time in game. This brings the game closer to being a fair representation of an actual fictional world - which is what these games are all about. Can you imagine "really" killing a dragon, looting it's cache of hundreds of golden swords.. but then being somehow artificially c*ckblocked from selling it? It's downright stupid. Really, SLR shouldn't even exist as all items should be tradable in the first place.

Buying plat for RL money is bad. I'll agree with you there. But I don't want my game ruined for me because few desperate players do this stuff. My plat is earned the hard way - killing dragons. I certainly don't want to be limited in how i can spend it or what i can do with the loot from said dragons just because Timmy the Slacker bought plat with mommy's credit card.

Edit: Actually, now that I've had time to think about it. There is a way to accomplish what YOU want, without sacrificing having an economy. You want to KNOW that the person with the mythical cloak has earned it. Well, this is easy enough to ascertain... any particular item drops from a specific mob, is given by a specific quest or is crafted by a specific crafter... every major mob in the game has an achievement associated with killing it, every quest completed is recorded in the quest journal and every crafter's name is recorded right on the item. SOE can theoretically put in some sort of flag that correlates those things. For example, if I am wearing an item that's been crafted by someone other than me, this flag upon "/inspect_player" would say "market obtained", same if i'm wearing a quest item from a quest i didn't complete or a cloak that drops from a named i've never killed. If it's vice versa, this flag would say "self-obtained". Or whatever the appropriate term is. This way.. you would know exactly what you want to know in your quote - a game where players I might group or raid with who have certain items, I can be assure they have earned those items by killing the content - this would then enable YOU to make the appropriate choice, if it bothers you that I bought my cloak from a crafter instead of hammering it together, you'd be free to NOT group with me- your choice. It would also leave the rest of us - not bothered by this - to make our own choices, which once again is what having an MMO is all about.
    Owli likes this.
  11. Kander Developer

Temp adorns and research reduces are going back in. By popular demand! They will be on a separate table so they will not take the place of loot. Soon.
    Owli, Belissa, Lempo and 1 other person like this.
  12. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Any chance at giving the mobs in there the chance to drop Obol, since every other spot in game has a chance to drop them? it makes no sense to have solo overland mobs have a chance to drop obol and AS zones not, imo.
  13. Mae- Well-Known Member

You forgot the (tm) on your "Soon." but in any case, THANK YOU! =) My alts appreciate it. My main secretly curses you that she has to continue doing them for those pesky alts.
  14. Feldon Well-Known Member

Great changes. Thanks!!
  15. Caethre Active Member

((
    Ok, you want some detailed feedback?

1. Allowing those who are present in zone to trade rewards at the end is a positive aspect of the change.

2. Removing the excessive numbers of recipe books, tinker recipes, crude shards, repair kits, run speed temporaries, etc, from the main loot drops, is also a positive aspect of the change. If they were occasional extras, fine, but having them blocking a real loot slot is a little silly since most people just destroy them.

3. The loss of research reducers is unfortunate, some of us do use those, but it is not a huge issue. The loss of temp adorns seems to worry some, but they are nothing important really either (to me). Addendum: I missed the post where you said they would be re-added. Good, no problem there at all.

4. Making the quantity of loot no longer dependent on the number of characters present makes it less duo-friendly, more solo-friendly. I do not know if that was what was intended, but that is the outcome. It certainly makes it unlikely that someone who can do the zones solo will invite someone else along now (unless a personal friend or such).

5. Was it intended to halve the loot reward from Sleepers? Admittedly the nerf to the second-last named (which I am unsure why it was made, as it was not difficult before being nerfed) has made the zone even faster and easier to do, so perhaps that was intended?

6. For me, the SLR issue outweighs everything else. But I detest the availabilty of SLR for No Trade/Heirloom items in this game, and I have given feedback before suggesting that where items are intended to be tradeable, the items are made tradeable (the No Trade/Heirloom flags are removed), but where they are not intended to be tradeable, the imposition be made that the looter must be present at the kill. For advanced solo zones especially, there is no reasonable reason, *if the items are not intended to be tradeable*, not to insist that the looter should be there at the kill.

The problem is not the players - they are just taking the "easiest route", and who can blame them. Even those who hate SLR, admit they have to do it, to compete, and I can't blame them either. I don't even blame those here who are defending this nonsense for reasons of personal greed.

I would just like SOE to examine their objectives and decide if these items are intended for trade or not, and set the item flags accordingly, and then enforce characters being present at the kill for those items that are actually intended to be No Trade.
    ))
  16. Caethre Active Member

17. Arieste Well-Known Member

You're just twisting everything to suit the way YOU want things to be. You say it's all about people "earning things for themselves", yet you don't care if someone doesn't actually "earn" an item so long as that item meets some completely random and arbitrary criteria.

And no one is "pretending" that items are no trade. Heilroom items cannot be traded 48 hours after they are looted. That's the only restriction. Aside from that, they can be looted by anyone that the leader of the party that obtained the item chooses it to be looted by. This is what SOE designed the game to be. If you think that somehow SOE is unaware of the SLR concept or that it's being used "against the design", you're delusional. Talk to some developers, they're actually actively discussing ways to make it easier to officially facilitate SLR in-game or to make more items tradable.

You're the one that is "pretending" that the Heirloom tag somehow makes the item sacred and not intended for selling or trade.

You're seems to be 100% ok with a person buying best-in-slot items - without ever "earning" them - so long as the raid-dropped materials were sold on the broker. Yet you're appalled that your guildmate may be wearing a much worse piece of gear that they bought SLR from a solo zone because they never "earned" it. Which is it? What REALLY constitutes "earning" an item in your high and mighty philosophy?

Some poor shmuck has spent the past 3 years slaving away for hours at leveling their crafting profession. Working hard at finally being able to produce an amazing end-game item - they've earned it, right? On the other hand, I spent 30 seconds, one-shotted a single mob in Obol plains and WHAM, sold the master it dropped and bought the same amazing item as that crafter. Did i "earn it" by slaving away for years and making it? I certainly don't think so.

And for that matter, none of my alts - which are clearly allowed to be traded heirloom items to - have certainly "earned" ANY of those items. Hell, i may have level 1 alts with full suits of PoW gear just sitting there and waiting? Have they "earned" them? Hell no.

You keep trying to somehow combine the out of game purchases of plat with SLR. The two things have absolutely nothing to do with each other. I earn my plat IN-GAME. I earn my items IN-GAME. I wish to do with both my plat and my items as i please - whether that means selling or buying. If you want to ban all purchase of plat with RL cash, more power to you. But don't touch my ability to make an IN-GAME living and to interact with others who're doing the same IN-GAME.

p.s. Multiple-people have now pointed out to you that your constant use of the red bolded font is extremely annoying and harsh on the eyes. It would go a long way towards proving that you actually listen to people if you were to do us all a favour and actually change it. But really, this is just a matter of courtesy, you certainly have the freedom to do as you choose.
    Owli, Tylia and slippery like this.
  18. Lempo Well-Known Member

No what is non-sense is changing the loot options just for these advanced solo zones. No one that does SLR says they have to do it to compete, you need to provide a quote for that or apologize to the cogent people ITT for making it, are you even lucid?
    Personal greed?
    Want to talk about personal greed?

There is your personal greed, SLR is not greed. I think the Heirloom tags and No-Trade tags should be removed from all unattuned gear. Gear that is attuned should become heirloom because it is just outright ridiculous to attempt to justify why a lower level toon in your 'family' can't take a hand me down from their bigger 'brothers and sisters'.

The people that couldn't do the zones solo couldn't be bothered to try and get someone to go with them and they had every reason in the world to when the chests were like they were before.

People got what they wanted. They wanted to be able to trade the loot between each other if they chose or needed to group with someone, and the 'slag' loot was removed as it should have been. These solo zones drop as much or more loot in a chest than heroic and raids in most instances, have been nerfed to the point where there is no challenge, you have an even better chance of getting a fabled item that you or the person with you can use, you have smart loot and IT STILL IS NOT ENOUGH. I mean seriously, there is no end to the greed being displayed here, and I really hate using that word because it is improperly applied so often it has little meaning but it absolutely applies here.
  19. Caethre Active Member

((
    Arieste,

My pointing out that an item being flagged as NO TRADE (or HEIRLOOM) and then allowing it to be tradeable is nonsensical, is simply a matter of accurate semantics, not something to get upset about. SOE can remove the flags or enforce them. Personally, I would prefer to see a few of the places they are used removed (as they tend to be used excessively), and others kept and enforced (where the items truely are intended to be obtained by playing the game and killing the mobs that drop them). But it is up to them, which is why I give my feedback to SOE.

And that is all I am doing - what the forum is for - posting my feedback. In the way I want to post it!

I do not need your (or anyone else's outside SOE) permission to do so, nor do I have to take any comments you have to say on board, about anything. Of course that is mutual, but I am not trying to tell you what to do, I am giving feedback to SOE.

You are not forced to agree with my feedback, and you are entitled to post your own opinions on this or any subject ... but all these personal attacks on me specifically are neither constructive nor helpful (and they break the forum guidelines to boot).

I believe SLR is very bad for the game. I believe it is driving away players. That is why I am saying precsely that. There is no "twisting", I am giving my opinion. Get used to people holding different opinions from you and you will have an easier life.

I will continue to feedback that SLR is a "bad thing" - because that is what I believe it to be.
    ))
  20. Estred Well-Known Member

By chance, could the non-final named have a chance to drop irrelevant items as well? Like the 1p worth body drops more commonly. I always felt AS zones lack incentive to do anything but train to the last boss (which was forcibly fixed by making Gohnu and Gaarkk required).

I would say the non-final named would be the right place to add the temp adorns and reductions to, 10% drop off them perhaps?

Overall I like the change, makes it much easier for me to run knowing at least I get a transmutable item from it on average every run.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.