Loot Tables - COE:Advanced Solo zones

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Blambil, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caethre Active Member

((
    SLR exists now, but it does not always have to exist.

All SOE need to do is two things:

- Remove Heirloom and No Trade tags from those items that just do not need them at all. Just let them be freely tradeable.
    - For those items that retain Heirloom and No Trade tags, make them only lootable (and tradeable between) those characters actually present at the kill of the mob that dropped them

These two things would solve everything on this issue. For the Advanced Solo zones, I would suggest that the legendary gear is all made fully tradeable, and the fabled gear is made Heirloom and only lootable by those present in zone when the mob is killed.

Of course, I would go much further, and I would apply these two things to all raidgear as well, but that is beyond the scope of this thread.
    ))
  2. Geothe Active Member

Well, I'm definitely glad you are not involved in SoE development, because not only would you force your minority opinion onto the player base to the detriment of the game, but you would also manage to find a way to make all in-game text as difficult to read as your forum posts.
    Belissa, Lempo and Taysa like this.
  3. Kuulei Well-Known Member

What is funny, is nearly all the red-slot gear Caethre has on all her crafters, is from Solo zones and they don't seem to do heroic as they have the adorns that came with the gear still in slots that actually have adorns and the rest of the slots are empty.
    So considering how much gear they farm for their alts in this roleplaying guild, they really shouldn't be trying to roleplay in the forums with game mechanics.
  4. Caethre Active Member

((
    This part is true. I absolutely would remove SLR in its current form entirely. A lot more items would be openly tradeable, but there would be no ambiguity between what is intended to be tradeable, and what is not. Item tags would actually mean what they say. Players attempting to get around tags would be considered as exploiting, plain and simple.

I would do a bunch of other things too, not related to this thead however.

However, I contend such changes would be for the active benefit of the game, making it more appealing to a lot of gamers and would-be gamers.

But perhaps it would not be appealing to the "I want nothing whatsoever to be challenging" (or "I want nothing challenging unless it is raiding") folks, and certainly not for the "I want to make real life money out of gaming" folks. Those would leave, and I would not be unhappy to see them go. Such is life, I would not try to be "all things to all men".

Mind you, I would also be advertising the game, which SOE do not tend to do.

Not everyone is going to agree on these things, however.
    ))
  5. Caethre Active Member

((
    Ignoring the irrelevant comments about me specifically, this is "Bingo"! You see the impact of the current design, as I can see it. And yet .... even seeing it, you still manage to entirely miss the point!!!

The question is ... why is it possible? Why is game design making it so easy to get so much fabled on characters that are barely played for adventuring? Anyone can do it, it is so simple now. I am not blaming the players, they will only advance their characters the easiest way, to compete, that is only natural. Sure, I can get red slot fabled on lots of characters, but so can anyone, it is as simple as killing grey con mobs. But what skill is there in that? Is this actually good for the game?

Keep thinking it through,

Tell me, Kuulei, if YOU were designing a game, would YOU make it really that easy? Log in, run some trivial grey zones, farm coin to buy top-end gear. Never needing players to actually play heroic or raid content to get some of the better gear in game?

And allow bot teams to buy multiple accounts, farm raidgear for plat, then sell plat to websites?

Would you do that?

I would not.

But SOE have ..... and I do not believe they meant to.
    ))
  6. Owli Member

And bing, it admits it's a they are better then me QQ post.
  7. Arieste Well-Known Member

Actually, one of the biggest requests from gamers (just go to the forum of any MMO in development) is that the developers make it easy for players to obtain the best gear in game relatively easily - by farming or crafting - NOT by doing the hardest content in the game. These players go on about how "elitists" and "raiders" shouldn't have the nice gear they get for actually defeating the content and that EVERYONE that pays for the game should have easy access to such gear.

Personally, I disagree with parts of it. I think that difficult gear should come from things that are difficult to do. Whether that's 24 people working for a month to kill a mob for 1 item or 24 people working for a month to craft that 1 item, i don't really care, so long as it's equally challenging. I do agree though that these games are meant to be worlds. Worlds have economies, and I believe that i should be able to make money at whatever I want to make money at and then spend it on anything in the game so long as another PLAYER is willing to sell it to me. If the player that kills the dragon is willing so sell their skill in doing so, they've earned that right.

Get rid of SLR? Absolutely. Make every tradable and we're done. No heirloom, no attuned, none of that crap. Your virtual property is yours to do with as you will. It's how MMOs started out and it's ultimately what they're (slowly) coming back to.

I'll tell you this, in real life, I have never killed a cow. I'm probably capable of killing a cow, but the thought rather repulses me. I NEVER want to kill a cow, nor raise and feed and take of that cow in the first place either. So i've never truly "earned" my delicious steak or my leather shoes. Instead, I did a series - to a farmer - of completely menial tasks of the computer and eventually got paid enough dollars to buy my steak and my shoes from the guy that DID kill the cow. And you know what? I'm happy doing things that way. And the guy that killed that cow? He's happy doing things that way too. It's been called barter, commerce, trade, economy... etc. It's the basis of our lives. We left the concept of "if you want it, do it yourself" several thousand years ago.

Back to EQ2 - just like in the real world, economies balance out. If someone can do a level 50 grey zone and have all the top tier gear in the game, then everyone would do that. At some point, you get to the point where it makes more sense to do the level 95 content than the level 50. And people stop doing the level 50. And if someone prefers to do the level 50 stuff 20 times instead of doing the level 95 stuff once... well.. it's their darn choice of how to play. They need to invest more time, but less skill. It's their game. And when plat gets too easy to come by, guest what happens - inflation! So now instead of needing 100p for a piece of good gear, you need 3000p for a piece of good gear. (That's what good gear - ethereals and crafted items - cost on my server btw). And at that point, it's no longer worth doing PR every 3 days for 75p, when you can be doing a current zone - like ST group or solo dreadcutter - for 100p+ every few hours.

And I don't think that ANYONE that goes out and kills challenging content is interested in YOU deciding what their time and effort are worth. Raid Guilds work damn hard to kill really difficult monsters. If they decide that it's worth it for them to sell their spoils, by gods, they've earned every right to do so. Do you think that guy that killed the cow cares whether I made the money to buy his steak by sweeping floors or inheriting it from my dad or saving people as a doctor? He honestly worked to kill the cow, I honestly earned the money - whether at an easy job or a hard one - it does not matter.
  8. Skwor Active Member

Orange and Yellow, really what is the point? Please do everyone a favor and pick a color that doesn't make our eyes bleed or becomes invisible against the background.
  9. Mathrim Active Member

People have begged Caethre to stop posting in orange text on numerous threads because it leads to eye strain and she ignores it. I'm pretty sure Arieste is just retaliating in kind with text design out of a sense of spite/anger to try and make a jaded point regarding Caethre's attitude regarding text choice.

At this point, this tread has become nothing but bickering and pettiness and should be locked before it devolves further. It's just become a repetitive round and round of rehashed bile.
    Estred likes this.
  10. Plavem Active Member

11. Plavem Active Member

I quoted you for a sole reason, I didn't bother to read it but if you would like me to read it make it more readable.
  12. Eileithia Active Member

To the SLR debate - More product offered on the market, however that is, stimulates the economy, and is good for the long-term health of the game. There is SO much plat in this game that it NEEDS more things to spend it on, not less. Removing SLR would remove a major source of plat spend and trigger even greater inflation on those few rare items that ARE actually trade-able.

Honestly everything should be trade-able except for MAYBE the best items in the game where you actually have to be there for the kill. Those items should be a status symbol to show that you took down that boss/avatar/whatever. When the next expansion / level increase / gear increase comes out, those items should have the no-trade tag removed and the new best items in the game should have them added. Anything that drops in a solo or group zone should be openly trade-able on the market. The fact that there is so much no-trade loot in this game is the design flaw, not whether or not SLR is a valid option for acquiring gear.

And speaking of design flaws.. Whoever designed this forum/website and allowed people to even choose colors that aren't readable on the background should be drawn and quartered. If you want to give people the ability to be that "special flower" there should only be a handful of options with 3-4 basic colors that are equally readable on the designed background, and no choice for changing typeface or font size. Better yet, remove everything but bold, italics, and underline.. There's no need for anything else to be able to separate quotes from responses.
  13. Arieste Well-Known Member

Do you mean to say that it's really annoying and obnoxious when someone continually uses an eyesore font to the discomfort of others? I fully agree.

And so, no, i did not mean for you to read it, it was a response to someone who prefers to converse in the most painful font possible, so I was just trying to reciprocate on the same level in the hopes of finding of some common ground with that person.
    slippery and Eileithia like this.
  14. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I have no problem at all reading Caethre's posts. doesn't strain my eyes or anything. it's dark orange on light pale brown. how the heck is that hard to read for some of you? and my eyesight isn't the best, I'm prolly 1 step away from legally blind. but as to the loot rights things...yeah, I don't like the idea of SLR either...but I thought heirloom was a good compromise in that regard even if it can be sold...I mean unless you make everything in the game no trade...there's always going to be SLR.
  15. Estred Well-Known Member

Well for one "Orange" is not a real color. It is properly called Yellow-Red if you use the Munsell color system. "Brown" is a darker or lower Chroma and Value level of the color Yellow-Red. Caethre's posts utilize two different Chroma/Value for Yellow-Red. It would be no different than trying to read dark green on light green. Here let me give an example of such.

Light Blue: High Value, Medium Chroma
    Dark Blue: Low Value, Medium Chroma
    - Both are a variant of a Primary Color.

[IMG]

I'll give you another hint. I made this at a 256 x 256 resolution then manually enlarged it, the text should be blurry.
    Edit: I am very well aware of the Typo in the 2nd line of the final question. I didn't feel like correcting it after I posted.
  16. Regolas Well-Known Member

Excuse me one minute.

How is removing the heirloom no trade tags so people can sell on the broker any different really from SLR.

In fact, SLR is generally cheaper as it has to be sold before the chest poofs, so it's dependant on who wants it at the time.

All this anti SLR talk by a few people is stupid if they also want everything tradeable. Do you earn everything you buy off the broker?

AND PLEASE STOP USING ORANGE AND YELLOW TEXT, YELLOW ESPECIALLY. I CAN'T READ IT UNLESS IT'S QUOTED TO A DARK BACKGROUND.
    Lempo likes this.
  17. Plavem Active Member

lol... tell us how you really feel
  18. Lempo Well-Known Member

They whine and cry and moan about this and about the 'greedy raiders' that do SLR while at the same time they would be doing them a favor by getting all loot tradeable, make it much easier to gear up new recruits as it could be stockpiled, I think most rid guilds would love that. Then what is in excess and is sold will sell at a higher price, because there is no time decay exactly as you said, eventually the prices will go down as demand decreases but initially there would be a very sharp rise, it isn't only the timer on the chest that limits the price but the availability and lockout timers of the interested parties.
    I wish they would do it just so I could hear these crybabies scream louder.
  19. Chronus Active Member

There's no point in nerfing the fabled loot from these chests because they were already there and it was already intended for everybody to get basic raid gear. But hey you could nerf the slr on them if you must, it's only a few people's few hundred plat.

However you nerf raid chests every raid guild that has people sat on bench (read all raid guilds not currently collapsing) will be at your neck for good reason.
  20. SOE-MOD-08 Member

Because this thread is no longer constructive I have locked it down.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.