Loot Tables - COE:Advanced Solo zones

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Blambil, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blambil Active Member

That's too bad.. That removes the bonus for doing AS with a friend.. (Which I've enjoyed, given that most content is group oriented.). You each do it with a Merc and you each get a loot. you do it together, and you get... 1 loot.

however, lest I sound unappreciative, thank you for the progress. It's at least a nod that the present method is broken.
  2. Hirofortis Active Member

LOL, well that gives me 0 reason to do this zone with someone else now. The only reason I would ever do the AS zones with someone else was that we each got loot. Now there is no reason to bring someone else along.
  3. Eileithia Active Member

Well, at least it fixes the problem of having 2 people get no-trade gear neither can ware. I wonder if they did this because it's easier to add some sort of "smart loot" to a chest than the random box of goodies?
  4. Alenna Well-Known Member

it was a case of be careful what you ask for right?
  5. Lempo Well-Known Member

This is the only reason those zones have any value to me whatsoever 5% Crit Bonus for 15 minutes is a pretty darn nice buff. The food is trash, but I really hope they don't get rid of the temp adornments.
  6. Lempo Well-Known Member

You could look at it that way or you could look at it like they changed the loot in the zone to work like any other zone.
  7. Belissa Active Member

I rather have only one chest with an item that I can trade with a friend when we duo the zone instead of having two items and ending up with me getting a tank item and she a healer item (when she is playing bruiser and I my warden).
    But I guess you can't please evereybody...
  8. Regolas Well-Known Member

What does that mean? Can you be a bit more specific?
  9. Kraeref Well-Known Member

10. Feldon Well-Known Member

Change is on Test. I believe it's supposed to be 2 items in an ornate or fabled chest rather than the mystery crate.
  11. Draylore Well-Known Member

Yeah the temp weapon adorns are actually pretty nice. With the addition of the yellow/red for obols/spirit addition those temp adorns really are the only reason I even bother with the solo AS........i used to do them for chance at getting gear with red/yellows to extract but do not need to do that anymore since they are stupid easy to buy now.
  12. Pauly Well-Known Member

just ran Mlreg hardmode with my wife. We got a single Exquisite chest with several items in it including a fabled scout helm which neither of us could use. It's the first fabled I've seen in weeks.
  13. Regolas Well-Known Member

Sweeeet. Although that means SLR galore.
  14. bsod Member

hey it also lets us give the gear to other guild members so i'm all for it! i have turned too much of the stuff into manas:eek:
  15. Vene New Member

This change went LIVE today, even though it is NOT in the patch notes. I can confirm SLR adv solo loot is now possible too.
  16. Caethre Active Member

((
    Well, let's look at this change.

===================
    Bad point:

We already have the stupidity of Selling Loot Rights (SLR) in game for No-Trade/Heirloom loot making Pay-To-Win the way to go for those players who buy plat on websites (or via selling Kronos) and then buying loot without even leaving their guild halls. Now we can extend this to solo zones as well. Way to go on making a bad problem even more widespread by making the solo rewards available to those not present in zone at the time of the kill.

Bad point:

Now anyone running these zones with a friend, gets only one item between them, rather than one item each (at least, in Sleepers that I have just run now, there were two items between the two characters present, not two items each - assuming other zones have been similarly modified). Great, let's encourage people to be more anti-social, rather than invite another along when you don't actually need them, without it halving your own chance at loot.
    Update: Seems that only Sleepers has been hit in this manner, and that the other advanced solo zones seem to offer two items between the two characters instead of one each, so this point is not so bad afterall, only one zone negatively affected.
    Good points:
    None.
    ==================
    SOE, the people whining about the Advanced Solo zones were the people NOT doing them, not those of us who have been loving doing them.

This really is going backwards. I will now enjoy Advanced Solo zones a good deal less than I did up until yesterday, and now you have INCREASED (rather than descreased) the incentive for players to spend time farming PR and SOH for plat, to BUY loot, rather than earn it themselves, by creating yet another SLR environment, this time for solo players.

Dumb move. The game was better before this update. Sorry.
    ))
  17. Caethre Active Member

((
    Suggestion:

Make the end boss items in the Advanced Solo zones only lootable by the character(s) present at the time of the kill.
    ))
  18. Taysa Well-Known Member

Just did Throne of Fear to advance the signature line on my SK. Killed Baelon, went to loot the chest and the ancient stone tablet required to advance the quest is NOT there. Did this twice and no drop. Seriously guys?

It's for the quest "And His Name Is..."
  19. Darkholis Active Member

The sig update is from Throne of Fear: Fear Gate, not from adv solo.:)
  20. Eileithia Active Member

Honestly, why do you care what people do with the loot that drops out of the chest. It's not like these chests are dropping mythicals every 2 runs. I'd much rather see a piece of fabled that I can't use go to someone who can instead of it becoming vendor trash. The fabled from these zones are only marginally better than the steward gear due to the red slot, and doesn't come close to replacing raid gear so what's the issue.

Honestly I look forward to this change if for no other reason than less loot will rot, and we won't have the problem of the priest getting fighter loot and the fighter getting priest loot for duoing the zone. If someone wants to sell looting rights that's their prerogative, but outside of mythicals (which can already be traded), nothing in there is worth much PP anyhow.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.