Loot Tables - COE:Advanced Solo zones

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Blambil, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Draylore Well-Known Member

Umm how does farming plat in PR and SoH qualify as "not earning it themselves"? ..

But seriously.......why do people give a crap about SLR, what people sell or buy with plat? It does not effect me in the slightest so why should I care?

To be frank....I think everything should be trade able. It would add a MMO element to EQ2 that has been missing that alot of people enjoy to take part in.

Back on subject......I think this is a very good change to he SOLO AS zones.
    Lungz and Wanyen like this.
  2. Lempo Well-Known Member

The REAL solution would be to make the zones drop loot appropriate for them and there would not be an SLR issue to begin with.
    I myself love this, the zones were dropping loot way over what should drop per the difficulty every run, 3 chests of them HM for BOTH participants but that wasn't good enough.
    "It's too hard", "I never get a drop I can use", "I always get a drop the other player with me could use"

Seriously you want to talk about how SLR encourages people to never leave their guild halls, but you want this solo garbage to drop loot that discourages grouping? lol I mean really, EL-OH-EL.
  3. Lempo Well-Known Member

I agree the AS zones behave like other zones now the chest drops loot like other zones, yet now it is a problem and UNFAIR. :(
    I wish they had a crying smilie but the frown is close enough.

Maybe in the future the people that brought about this change through their incessant whining about not getting the raid piece they wanted for a minimal to no challenge zone will think twice.
  4. Taysa Well-Known Member

Did that too and nothing.
  5. Feldon Well-Known Member

I've bought loot that was Auctioned before. I did so without buying Plat or Krono on any website. Considering how easy it is to legitimately earn plat this is not surprising. I did not fund terrorism with my purchase of gear. So... Myth Busted!

Incorrect.
    When did Sleeper's give 2 items per player? The only zone I know that gave more than 1 mystery crate was Wurmbone's End which gave 3. Now, there are 4-6 items in the Wurmbone's End HM chest.

You worry way too much about what other players do that does not affect you.
    No, the people "whining" as you put it were tired of getting items that we could not use, and could not trade with groupmates. Your argument is counter to what the changes will actually accomplish. People running these zones now have a better chance at getting an item they can actually use (50% smart loot), and if not, they can trade it to their groupmates.

Why? You get the same amount of loot, but a higher chance of that loot being FOR YOUR CLASS, and if not, you can trade the item to your groupmate. This is an entirely positive change.

Playing old content for the rewards is not "earning it themselves"? Then what do you call it? You seem to have your own idea of how SOE should be designing EverQuest II and are attacking anyone who disagrees with your idea.

It's pretty clear that you don't even understand the update, or why your visually painful use of orange text so infuriates people.
    Tylia, Belissa, Thorcon and 2 others like this.
  6. Darkholis Active Member

Incorrect sir. ST was used to give 2 boxes and WBE HM 3 boxes. Now they all gives you 2 legendary items (even ST) except WBE HM that now gives you 4 items.
  7. Feldon Well-Known Member

Sounds like an oversight more than an intentional change.
  8. Mohee Active Member

Yeah, ST should drop 4 things if done with 2 peeps, and WBE HM should drop 6.
    No reason to change the amount of drops just because the way it drops is different.
    That'd be silly :p
  9. Caethre Active Member

((
    The "why do you care?" argument again eh?

... because I want a game where people earn loot by actually defeating the content that drops that loot themselves. As the game was intended to be played.

... because I want a game where players I might group or raid with who have certain items, I can be assure they have earned those items by killing the content that drops them themselves.

... because I want a game that does not appeal to people who think that farming trivial old content for plat and then buying loot from players who are capable of killing challenging content, and where such a gaming approach is incentivized for many of the rest of us as the easiest route to gearing up.

... because I want a game where someone cannot just log into their guild hall, buy plat from a seller (or buy kronos), and then purchase top quality loot - all without leaving their guild hall. [To clarify, since at least one person couldn't understand what this meant: without killing a single mob, just COV to the seller, so yes, they "leave" the guild hall, but without even a trivial risk, and without actually engaging game content as intended.]

... because I do not like Pay-To-Win or Plat-Selling/Buying for Real Money.

Overall, because I care about the health of the game. "SLR" needs removing, not increasing.

That is "why I care".

In my opinion, the existence of SLR in the game is bad for the game. It moving into the solo playstyle as well, is just spreading the problem further.

But sure, those who benefit from it by farming, selling loot via it and then selling their plat on websites will keep acting as apologists for it. And those who love pay-to-win will keep arguing for it.

As I will continue to give feedback in opposition to it.
    ))
  10. Draylore Well-Known Member

Just say NO to annoying orange text. It is far more damaging to the health of the game than SLR ever could be.
    Ragna, Tylia, Belissa and 2 others like this.
  11. Lempo Well-Known Member

Ragna likes this.
  12. Lempo Well-Known Member

Any complaints over this change are completely unfounded and baseless, Feldon corrected me on what I thought the change was based on one of the people crying over nothing.

The removal of the temporary adorns BLOWS, these need to be added as a 5-10% drop in the treasured chests where the names drop the charms.
    That was the only reason a decent number of people ran them to begin with, now to appease the people that were not happy with the loot chances you GIVE them smart loot (50% w/e), give them even more useable drops because of the ability to trade and take away from another segment.
    If the temp adorns were removed then they need to be added back is some form.
  13. Estred Well-Known Member

Wait, they removed White-Temp Adorns? That was one of the blasted few reason I ran these anymore, was to get stat boosts for my Raider for progression fights where I need all I can get.

Talk about being unhappy with everything. As it stands now the chances of getting useable loot with this update are much higher. SLR, well who care what people do with their plat, from farming raids (current or old), tradekilling, harvesting or just questing... people can spend their plat how they want.

I am almost laughing at how first the issue was Fabled Loot was dropping too high and trivializing Heroic Content. They fixed it, and the Solo Players complained now that they were getting "worthless" Fabled Pieces that didn't match their class AND they couldn't trade it to their groupmate who could use it. Well now you can trade it to your groupmate thus increasing the amount of viable loot in AS zones. I think I made a post in a different thread about maybe somethings they could do to make AS more seemingly worthwhile to all walks of players. Very similar in fact to my idea for PQ's to return but to a lesser degree with the AS zones as Solo shouldn't give Raid gear (I.E a PQ is technically a "Public Raid").
  14. Eileithia Active Member

These two are really the same argument. And we're talking about advanced solo stuff here which is by no means challenging content. It's MUCH easier to get, in most cases, better quality gear from running the heroics. The whole point of this change was to keep loot from rotting, or having a duo that both get screwed on loot because what drops is for the other party member.
    Completely different argument. I'm not sure I agree with RAID loot being able to be sold, but seriously again this discussion is about the advanced solo drop changes, which again, the loot isn't really worth much to begin with.

Pay to win would be if the best items in the game were offered through station cash (or some other form of RMT). As for plat buying/selling with Kronos that's a whole different ball of wax. I guess theoretically if you had a ton of cash kicking around you could buy enough kronos to afford the going rate for the "best items in the game" but those items are nowhere near cheap, and would cost a LOT of money at the current ~600P / Krono exchange for a single piece.

I'm not sure how many other games you've played but the plat farmers / sellers aren't NEARLY as visible in EQ2 as they are in just about every other game on the market. I'm sure there's a small portion of people who are selling items as part of a plat farming scheme but I get less gold / plat spam in this game than any I've ever played. I honestly think SOE's implementation of Kronos put a massive dent in their sales.

I still don't agree with being able to spend real world cash for in game currency, but I'd much rather it be up-front from the developer than get spammed by 100's of 3rd party outfits every day, which the Krono system has almost completely stopped. Again, I don't agree with it, but I enjoy the side-effect.
  15. Draylore Well-Known Member

/agree

I actually have never gotten any 3rd part gold selling spam in EQ2 ...tells, chat, in game mail or otherwise ... get them all the time in just about ever other MMO i play.

I like you do not take part in buying/selling game stuff for actual $$ but its something that exists and any attempt to get rid of it is futile.......kinda like trying to outlaw booze or hookers =P. I much rather SOE or whatever designer owns a game to be the one getting the $$ than these 3rd partys.....and while I hate the whole thing on principle.......i think doing the Krono thing was a good move by SOE.

If the existence of stuff like Kronos, station cash and SLR means I can play my game in peace without getting spammed or running into trains of toons named wxzjmbjgy all the time then I am happy.
  16. Feldon Well-Known Member

So the Sleeper's Tomb Adv Solo instance used to give 2 mystery crates per person. I wasn't even aware of that. When soloing, I always just do Dreadcutter as it is the fastest. If I have a friend or a solid merc, then I do Wurmbone's End on challenge mode.

Ok so the bosses of all the Advanced Solo zones have these loot rules:
    except for Wurmbone's End (HM) which has these loot rules:
    Everything now drops in a standard chest, so items can be traded between group members present. With 50% smart loot, there should be a much better chance that players will get items that are class appropriate. It's my understanding that the food and other DM type consumables are gone.

Overall, it seems to be a big improvement in my opinion. It's a bit of a bummer about the Sleeper's Tomb zone as I guess it was out-of-sync with the other zones.
  17. Estred Well-Known Member

My only and I do mean only issue is the removal of Temporary White Adornments, they had a use. However they aren't really "Last Boss" drop material. Perhaps a 25% drop chance off the standard random bosses in the zones would be more appropriate. This would let those who use the temps (Raiders commonly min-max them) without touching the last-boss chest which is more pleasing for the Solo/Group players especially with the new set up.
  18. Feldon Well-Known Member

I should add that Smart Loot means a chance (%) that you will get an item you can equip. If you are a scout, that could mean a 1-handed item with Wisdom/Stamina. In order for Smart Loot to really work well, each item has to have its applicable classes restricted to just the ones that would benefit from it.

Also if there's enough interest in the consumables, maybe they'll get added back.
  19. Estred Well-Known Member

I would love to see more diversity in items, sure it is annoying if there are say
    Brig/Swashy Sets
    Ranger/Assasin Sets
    Dirge/Troubador Sets

But imo that allows for greater customization if there are "class sets" and "generic sets" it helps elongate the gear process without adding real artificial gate mechanics. SF did quite well for Mages/Priests in this way but really hosed scouts considering they had to fight tanks for almost everything.
  20. Thand Well-Known Member

Well i logged in today and found out this went live. I am more upset they removed the research time reduction items. that was basically the main reason I ran them. Now i see why the price on Masters when up by like 300% last week.
    Also i have spent a few hours running these has any one sem any esquiste chests chest from these outside of the Hm in Wurm end? If all they drop now is basically 2 pieces pf transmutable trash then there is zero reason Ever to run them for my any more unless i am doing the cloak quest for a alt.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.