Loot Tables - COE:Advanced Solo zones

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Blambil, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blambil Active Member

We all know it, we all see it, we all complain about it, so it's time to raise the flag again.

SOE, please look at the loot rules for the COE:AS zones. Far too many times to be accidental, they are awarding items the looting player CANNOT use. And, because the loot rules do not allow have the "can be traded for up to 48 hours with anyone who was present at the time" you can't trade them to your groupmate who could use it.

I've run COE:AS zones with my SK probably 300+ times since they came out, countless times on other toons/accounts. Two weeks ago I decided to conduct an experiment, and not mute anything, stack them in bank bags, and see what happened. Stuff I can't use goes in this set of bags, stuff I -can- use goes in this set of bags

My assumption: With (4) Major stat types (STR/AGI/WIS/INT) At the end of the run, I should have 25% loot for my class, 75% not for my class, if the RNG is working. Honestly, because quite a most of the items are shared stats like STA/AGI/STA, or WIS/INT/STA, it should be quite a bit higher than 25%, but I'll start there.

Count after 2 weeks across 2 characters? Each character has 4 bags of stuff they can't use, half a bag of stuff they can. For the math challenged, that's (4*44) unusable items, and (0.5 * 44) usable items. That's approximately 12.5% usable gear. Given the number of items that are shared stats, it should be more like 50% usable gear, but it's not.

This is not accidental, this is by design, flawed or otherwise, and it's broken.

I've run countless Wurmbone's End:AS, and had all (6) rewards be unusable by both classes SO many times it's beyond funny any more. For me, however, the pinnacle of this stupidity came last night. I ran Dreadcutter advanced solo with a friend, and we both looted the chests at the end.

ME (95 SK) : WIS/STA primary hand weapon (http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/898964588)
    HER (95 Mystic) : Fabled Primal Breastplate!!! (http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/2874389721)

Here we have one of the few fabled items to drop from the COE:AS zones, what may be the best BP my SK has a chance to get on his own, and it dropped IN HIS GROUP, and he can't have it. (Not to mention the SK looted another WIS/STA weapon the Mystic could have used)

I'm not alone in this. Ask in [1-9], look on the forums, This should be an EASY issue to replicate by SOE in testing.

While it would be nice to fix the inverse engine, it would be nicer to at least grant items the "may be traded by someone there when the item was looted for 48 hours" to allow us to at least trade between group members so the loot isn't a complete waste.

[TL;DR] The loot tables for the [advanced solo] versions of the new CoE zones are intentionally awarding loot the player cannot use, inversely optimized. As hierloom/non-tradeable loot, it's a waste of time.
  2. Eileithia Active Member

I'm going to have to agree on this. It's the running joke in our guild that loot is intentionally something you can't use. So much so that some of us have created alts to run this content to gear up our mains.

When I run on my Beastlord I get in order WIS>INT>STR>AGI. I have seen more WIS pieces on this toon than on any other, and it's not just the COE content it was the same while leveling up as well.

Running on the Defiler I get in order STR>AGI=INT>WIS.

Needless to say, I run the Beastlord for Defiler gear, and my Defiler for Beastlord gear, and I actually come out ahead.
  3. Blambil Active Member

It was suggested that I open a ticket.. TSR looked at the issue, and said "I see your point, but I can't do anything about it.. report it on the forums"
  4. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Yeah it looks like 'anti smart loot' to me. On 2 of my accounts I only have 1 character, and usually they don't get anything they can use.
  5. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

It's the new coding they added in.

if (player == Coldmetal) {
    loot = crap
    }
    else {
    loot = normal
    {
    Lempo likes this.
  6. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

That code isn't new.
  7. Kander Developer

We are going to change the way advanced solo zones drop loot. Very soon.
    Terein, Feldon, Blambil and 1 other person like this.
  8. Lempo Well-Known Member

I hope you are going to stop them from dropping red slot raid gear in the process.
  9. Eileithia Active Member

Red slot raid gear shouldn't be a problem as long as it's extremely rare. You can get Mythical loot off just about any mob in the game, but the chance of getting it is like winning the lottery. Make it a 1 in 50-100 chance and that's fine, it would still take a hell of a long time to get ENTRY-level raid gear at that rate. As long as it's less efficient than actual raiding there shouldn't be a problem.
  10. Blambil Active Member

Thank you.. \bow

Not often I get a reply from a Red Name...

Please consider making loot sharable within the 'killing' group. You wouldn't have to fix anything else if you did that.
    CoLD MeTaL likes this.
  11. Gargamol Member

Sure I mean getting raid quality loot for taking 10min to solo a zone and NOT get the item you want the first time is just UNACCEPTABLE.

Do you know how many hours I can raid without an item dropping that I want or need, and even then I have to share the 2 or 3 pieces of loot with 24 other people?

Oh this is good I guess this means we might get some smart loot in raid zones too? Or is it like actual plat drops and other things where raiders get rammed up the nose?
  12. Eileithia Active Member

I don't think the problem is as much the fabled, but even the regular solo/heroic tier gear where you can run 50+ zones before you get an item you can even use on your toon, which doesn't make sense for "solo" content.
    Kraeref likes this.
  13. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Raiding is fun though. For some reason it doesn't feel boring even if we go in the same zones. Collective effort. An opportunity to try a different cast order on a real named rather than on training dummy to increase dps. I don't mind not getting anything or not winning anything for while or bidding and losing b/c somebody has more dkp than me. Eventually i will get a piece i need. Sometimes just to kill a named gives very nice feeling of accomplishment.

Running solo zones is boring b/c you do it alone i guess. Plat run is necessity and boring too.

You don't really share a loot with 24 peoples. You share it with less depends on a class you play as your main. If you are a mage you wouldn't want to bid on scout's gear, would you? Only if everybody bids for alts then when fun starts with plat thrown around :)
    bsod likes this.
  14. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

more often than not i go in with a tank/healer. Tank gets wis gear, healer gets STR gear, it almost now seems anti-smart loot.

scout/healer, healer get agi, scout gets wis.

But whenever i see a message like the one Kander posted, I have bee taught to read "$OE will remove all useful gear from the zones and make them completely useless." I hope I am wrong.
  15. Feldon Well-Known Member

Thank Bristlebane!
  16. Hirofortis Active Member

Unfortunatly, you are right Cold, I read this and then Lame comments like you shouldn't get this loot yadayadayada and all I hear is because X person whined enough we are not gonna give you something nice from last tier. Hope that SOE actually improves the stuff and ignores the whiners. In some cases AS loot is all a person may have time for for an alt. Get rid of that and there is 0 reason to do an AS zone.
  17. Blambil Active Member

Other than the ultrarare fabled drops almost all the gear that drops in the COE:AS zones is -slightly- worse (140-160 pts to main stat rather than 163-190) than the stuff that drops in the heroic zones. Right in line with where it should be, in my opinion.

Sadly, given SOE's history, I share the fear that the 'fix' will simply be to reduce drop rates completely, rather than fix the anti-loot engine, or fix the 'sharable' problem.

Or, COE:AS zones won't drop gear any more, they'll drop tokens. 1 token per zone will drop, and the vendor will ask 10 tokens + plat to sell you the gear.
  18. Feldon Well-Known Member

That's also what I am afraid of. The three problems with Advanced Solo rewards:
    • It's a mysterycrate instead of a treasureclass with 50% smartloot.
    • The items are not tradeable between group members.
    • Some of the items are Dungeon Maker stuff like food, short-term adornments, etc.
    Fix those three and it will be perfect.
  19. Pauly Well-Known Member

looks like the issue of not being able to trade drops has been addressed. Currently on test only ONE box drops if you dou an AS zone. I thought something was up when the boss on DC dropped an ornate so I ran it again with my wife.. another SINGLE ornate.. need,greed,decline.
  20. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I wonder about WE: HM AS. Would it be just three chests to need, greed or decline? Hopefully no more food though as Feldon pointed :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.