Is this the norm for a Wizzy?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Kristabella, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Kristabella Well-Known Member

So, recently in an Event Heroic group, someone posted the following act:

Conjuror: 317,753,518
    Necromancer: 276,906,949
    Wizard: 77,629,434

WHY is the wizard so low on DPS? These are the stats on the wizzy? Is the class broken? Spells are all Expert, Master, or better. Has the Fabled Epic for Wizzy class. Level 10 ascension in Etherealist and level 5 now on Elementalist.

Health: 4,385,145
    CC 1,670.1 %
    CB 3,031.6 %
    POT 15,590.2 %
    Fervor 25.1 %
    Resolve 329
    Abil Mod 217.875.2
    Double Cast 79.1 %
    DPS 308

Is she missing something here. Was told I needed more potency, then more resolve, then more cb. any idea or is this class just trash?
  2. Rondo9 Active Member

Both sorcerers are in a really bad place atm, there are several threads around atm about sorcerer and lack of dps. Two things that are a major issue when comparing to summoners. one the epic pet they got are 100x better then sorcerer epics and two there best to very good dps while the caster is casting the slow ascension spells where sorcerers are doing 0 dps while casting them. Also with wizard our epic ability is broken along with fiery blast.

Here are some of the threads:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/a-wizards-perspective.576172/
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/fix-fiery-blast-please.575494/
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-solidarity-the-2-biggest-sorc-issues.575704/
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/warlocks-and-wizards.577455/unread
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  3. Kristabella Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for the insight, I was beginning to get a complex... lol
  4. Chakaloso New Member

Just to give you an idea I have a 26K pot wizzy with epic as a main and a 21K pot conjy with epic as an alt, I can out parse my wizzy with my conjy on single and aoe fights.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  5. Livx Member

[IMG]

You could link the profile from eq2u so maybe others can see the full stats/gear and see what is really wrong. Did you get extra buffs? what kind of fight that was that parse? is not the same a short fight of 2 min than a 10 min fight. Summoners will have better performance in some fights.

We are still on beta I think but mostly wizards/warlocks are not in their best shape and probably can expect a "fix" on the next expansion beta.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  6. semisus Does not play this game

Your potency seems really low and cb as welll , since you provide no profile so we can see your gear and aas its hard to help
  7. Kristabella Well-Known Member

After looking at all those threads and posts, it cannot be that the dev's do not know this is an issue and needs to be addressed. Just saying well just don't cast FB, is lame at best. Saying there is a fix coming down the road, don't know when, or even what or will be addressed, is just as lame.

I know it is never gonna happen, but the only thing right now that might force their hand is if every warlock and mage, on every dang server, got the message to go into Discord a certain date and time, ALL at the same time. NOT raise hell, but quietly demand some answers and action. Going in discord or posting a few at a time, isn't gonna do it. they chose Discord as their delivery method for talks, problems, issues, and information. So that venue needs to be used, and used all at the same time, in large numbers.

If someone would post a date and time I would be there with bells on. I would make a toon on every server and announce it in chat. I have spent too much time and too much money, like everyone else, to be kicked to the curb. I like this game, I like the people that I play the game with. I don't want to go anywhere, this is not a rage/quit. It's a plea for help.

I would like to sell the dev's the car in my back yard. It starts and runs, but it only has home front wheel and one read wheel. You can drive it like that until it gets fixed. Just like Warlocks and Wizards are doing.
  8. Kristabella Well-Known Member

9. semisus Does not play this game

Ok as a im not a wizard im not entirely familiar with your AA but i would defiantly get right side prestige for the 1cb pr 12 pot.
    Get http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/3090526286 as a charm or the fens pq one
    There is alot of other stuff you could get like varius adorns like wantia potency/ 8 fervor belt / heartbound friend / except jewel for cloak etc
  10. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Your stats a very low so the parse you posted would be about the norm for any class. The epic pet for summoner as Veta posted is the scout pet with one new spell added plus an auto attack that will hit hard on low level stuff but not higher tier stuff . you should be around 75% of summoner DPS atm on long fights closer or even beating depending on who ancession and abilities are up on the short fights. That's how it is ATM I'd say next big up date they will tinker with sorcs abit .
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  11. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Again the summoner pet is designed to hit stuff while we are casting its been that way since day one there are reasons why .
  12. Rondo9 Active Member

oh yes thats right and Im not saying it shouldn't be that way, but ascensions do favor any class with a pet currently including beastlords, brigands, ranger, assassin. Im just pointing out a complete lack of overslight when it came to making ascension spell cast times so long.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  13. Ashandra Well-Known Member

would simply cutting the base reuse timers and decreasing the spell casting times fix sorcs? I know as a class there abilities have some darn slow cast times on longish timers.
  14. Nero Active Member

While it is true that specs are. It in a good place right now, there is. I reason you shouldn't be able to push out 500-600 M. While everyone is so focused on the classes shortcomings, no one bothered to tell you that you are about 1k short on CB, 7k short on potency and could use another 100k AB mod. Get that done and you should be able to be topping that parse you posted.
    Fairin, Livx and captainbeatty451 like this.
  15. Kristabella Well-Known Member

TYTY so much all, I will get busy on all this now. I really appreciate the help!!!
  16. Fairin Active Member

Nero said it already - your missin crit bonus.

infuse your gear and you'll get it - full platnium infusion on gear gives +30 to cb/pot (average) toss on the twark infusers for +10 and your looking at 20 slots of gear + 40 cb = 800 before any effects like pristege / divine critbonus giving you more.
  17. Simien Active Member

I second what Nero and Fairin said. Definitely go right side prestige, you will get quite a bit more damage out of Frozen Detonation and the insta cast Eci's and BoD as well as getting more potency from the conversion. Take the extra potency in your Heroic tab. In shadows tab take Sorcery Mastery instead of Flames of Veious and for God's sake reforge man!! haha Get rid of all that reuse and some of your casting speed and get some ability mod. Also...like Fairin use plat in infuse your items.

Do all this and you will still be looking up the back end of a Summoner!! hahaha Good luck! :)
  18. sarasi New Member

A bst/nec/conj/ranger with epic with 17kish pot absolutely kicked my *** last night.. my sorc is sitting with 26k pot. If you haven't invested too much time i'd swap classes.Actually i'd just swap classes even if you have lol. Im not exactly a newbie who dont know their class.Its demoralising!!!
  19. Protips Member

Sarasi got it right. Switch now or regret later.

Plus, you get to pick appearance and race again!! make a new toon, meet new friends, join new guilds, and play him for 4 weeks, and he will be beating your 10 year old wiz toon on dps. Oh make sure it is a ranger/ conji/ or beastlord.

never mess up that last part!
    DoomDrake likes this.
  20. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Can't make in 4 week need more like 44 days or so (to make an epic 2.0) :D
    And do Conjuror or Ranger - 2 new flavors of x-pack. Nice ride thou - send you pet in attack and take a nap ... With BL you still going to pretend that you warlock (in terms of building increments and blowing chain)
    Actually scratch that - stick with Conjuror for scout you NEED to get eth ravaging or you will falling out of curve anyway