Sorc Solidarity - the 2 Biggest Sorc issues

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Mogrim, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Let's come together on this. Fiery Blast needs to be fixed, and so does Focused Casting.

As a Warlock who has been waiting to have Focused Casting fixed for a while, I do not want to see my class get fixed and Wizards neglected. We both need our fixes. Let's come together! :)
    VGScastaway likes this.
  2. Melt Actually plays the game

Agreed. Both are quite literally what makes our class different and they both are basically useless at this point. However, FB is among the few things that actually hits PQs, so thats cool.
  3. wazul Active Member

agree. sorcerer need a boost. FB and FC need redesign. related to ascension or not... but a new design for this two old ability.

perhaps better in discord i am not sur one dev read here.
  4. Entropy Well-Known Member

I don't even really play my sorc anymore, but as someone who's tried both wizard/warlock at endgame, I'm here in solidarity with you folks.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  5. Rondo9 Active Member

Aye, but it all seems to fall on deaf ears these days. :( This seems to be the attitude of the devs these days

[IMG]
  6. Zelox Active Member

maybe they just dont know that the code is actually really broken, and not in the oh thats broken broken lol, but like i threw a glass on the floor broken kind of broken

(talking about FB btw)
  7. Konc3pt Active Member

I miss you
  8. Ellimist Active Member

The reply from Caith is not professional at all when its clear that its an actual issue.
    Wimble likes this.
  9. Syota New Member

Agree Completely! Honestly, playing a sorc is losing it's 'fun' factor. our 'big nukes' are big jokes more than anything any more. pretty sure they know it's broken, but there aren't enough sorc's left in game to complain...they all switched to conjy or BL :)
    Rondo9 likes this.
  10. Konc3pt Active Member

wizard epic 2.0 fixes fb.
  11. Rondo9 Active Member

nah well be something like increases the damage to dumbfires group wide.
    Simien and Ashandra like this.
  12. krolror New Member

absolutly agree these need to be fixed but i doubt db will care enough too but hope im wrong
  13. Mogrim Well-Known Member

I'm not keen on copy-pasting a dev's statement and attacking them here - I don't think that will help our goals. I messaged Caith directly today. I know they read our messages. Sometimes if they don't have anything to give us, they don't reply right away. That's just how it is.
  14. Pitta Active Member

Agreed. In the past, my stance has been "if you're having problems, its not your class, its you" when it comes to sorcerers. but in light of recent changes, it has finally reached the point to where something does indeed have to be done.
    #fixsorc2017
  15. Moooony New Member

Don't worry! More nerfs inc, everyone will be at sorcerer's lvl!
  16. Xellium Active Member

FB is clearly getting a double dip penalty on combat mit.
    FC is clearly not very useful any longer (for 2 xpacs).

Clearly these should be fixed.

I cant think of a good reason why they should remain in this state and no clear dev acknowledgment that its even an issue...
  17. Tigerr Well-Known Member

Trump will fix FC
    Shesaz, DoomDrake and Simien like this.
  18. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

As one who no longer playing my warlock for that reason I am with you folks. I been long suggesting that FC need to be re-done to boost fervor instead of CB and/or Pot
  19. Rondo9 Active Member

You have to think about scaling otherwise you come to same situation as FC is in now, which is what is going to happen with the wizard fervor buff when we start hitting cap, its going to be utter useless.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  20. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Retroactively FC DID scaling but introduction of cap simply rend is completely useless. As it stand nowadays the ONLY stat that have infinitive scaling atm is potency and gap is widening. Folks who timely realized degree of %% that thither contribute to overall value of DPS now are at 22K+ base pot with spikes double-triple it. Saying that it looks like at this point the only useful way of fixing FC is simply giving it ability to double base damage of any skills, spells. ascending abilities for say 10 second every 2.5 minute with that scaling become less important because it will affect "base" damage