Is this the norm for a Wizzy?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Kristabella, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Indy Member

2. Melt Actually plays the game

Random factoid... may just be that my ascensions aren't upgraded, but my Frozen Rain at full increments hits harder than ascension nukes.
  3. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Said who? and when? afaik in vanilla ringo were sustained DPS and so was Sin
  4. Indy Member

Are AA's that are damage type dependent not being applied because of the damage type modifications made by level 1/5/10 ascension spells? (Examples: Improved Sorcery, Heat Mastery) Can only speak for Wiz class, but our AA damage type specific damage modifiers are fire and/or elemental. (Not getting into Fireshape/Iceshape and how that may or may not impact things.)
  5. Zelox7 Member

no, its whatever the spell's base type is
  6. Kioske Well-Known Member

I know that Noxious Influx will not proc for me at all when I am an etherealist because none of my spells are Nox/Elem damage.
  7. Rondo9 Active Member

[IMG]
  8. Indy Member

I tested out Fireshape a little bit ago, and it's overridden by my ascension damage type regardless of whether I cast the spell that procs Fireshape first or the 1/5/10 (in this case 10) ascension spell that changes damage type first.
  9. Zelox7 Member

pretty lame
  10. Kioske Well-Known Member

Agreed. I wish they woulda told me that before I picked etherealist first.
  11. Zelox7 Member

i mean its funny because wizard left side just goes off the base spell type and its fine with any ascension
  12. Indy Member

I'm not talking about AA based spells, I'm talking about AA's that modify the damage output of spells that are damage type dependent.... i.e. Heat Mastery, Improved Sorcery for example for a Wiz... those add a % to the base and crit damage of Fire based spells, but are not spells themselves. If the ascensions are overwriting the damage type of the spells those damage modifiers apply to, I'm not sure if they are applying. I can't really test them to see if they are working properly because toggling the ascension off/on changes the formula because of the potency portion of the 1/5/10 asc spells. I do know that Fireshape and Iceshape, which are suppose to change the damage type when they're active, are not working, they're being overridden by the ascension.
  13. Skulls Member

Some peeps even when you give them the info still are haters, I'm not here to argue with peeps that think they know the class but don't. If you don't want to try it then don't and stop your mis-information posts. My post is to help sorcs.

1. yes left side is better on both wiz and lock
    2. yes you still need to maintain 4150 crit bonus at cap
    3. yes you need to have the correct ascension Thaum for lock and elementalist for wiz for the most damage procs
    4. yes you need to have the correct rest of AA spec to make it more powerful
    5. yes left is much stronger for single target only, not for aoe trash
    6. I shouldn't have to come back and list all this, but so many still can't figure it out.
    7. finally yes you need to cast the left side spell in the correct order and keep the increment at 3 for max damage output and max fervor buff, both will happen if you keep the 3 increments continuously.
    Good luck enjoy
  14. Brightlyz Active Member

Listen and learn mortals, the Eq2 god has spoken.
    Uyaem likes this.
  15. Rondo9 Active Member

Please provide evidence that left side is better then right for a Wizard please, otherwise your claims are nothing more then you're opinions.
    sarasi, Uyaem and Kioske like this.
  16. Brightlyz Active Member

Bruh,,, Do you even know who you are talking to? Evidence sounds like a casual word.
  17. Rondo9 Active Member

Nope, should I? but it isn't Daray,
  18. Brightlyz Active Member

No, but he thinks you should ;)
  19. Kioske Well-Known Member

People coming in here saying "play the sorcerer right, left side spec" are just idiots. Each side has their uses. From what I understand, left side spec for a wizard kills your FB even more than it already has been killed. So please, stop telling "top players" how to play their toon to "get more DPS" unless you're an authority on the matter.
  20. Kioske Well-Known Member

Left side is for sure better for a warlock though, because no matter what side we go, FC is still broken. Well I say for sure, because every single encounter this expac is single target based or the adds die in 2-3 seconds.