Fix Fiery Blast please

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Rondo9, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Rondo9 Active Member

So now that aura of immolation doesn't reset fiery blast every 30 seconds and without other resets it takes longer for us to build stacks, its time that it gets fixed. As it was pointed out on beta and Daray mentioned it again yesterday in the Warlock thread there is a serious problem with this mechanic.

Here is the beta thread where it was first noticed. http://archive.eq2wire.com/showthread.php?t=910784

The problem seems to be that if the wizard's ability kills the mob then that damage does not get record by FB, I could be completely wrong about that but that is what is seems to me.

Here a test I did on the 8 training dummy's today. This was with no charms.
    [IMG]
    FB's dmg was approximately 2% of the total dmg done during the FB chain. So something is seriously broken with it. All I got the other day in discord from a dev was don't cast it then.
  2. Melt Actually plays the game

Class balance is a wish of the past. Yes, FB would be nice to get fixed, but it's probably not going to happen. It still tops my parse. If you could just lower your skill level and become a ****** wizard THEN FB will be relevant.
  3. Daray Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with kill shots not being recorded. I was able to reliably replicate it last expansion on training dummies with the perma-deathsave buff on them. That and the one encounter I broke down more recently returned a FB hit that was lower than what it would have been looking at the eligible damage done to the named in isolation (not including the fact that some of the adds actually survived). But it's a premise worth investigating further, I suppose.

As far as what you were told, I guess that's plausible. I imagine the code is quite convoluted (what with all the inclusions and exclusions/restrictions attached to FB/RO) that it'd probably be a tough one to figure out. I've already stopped using it in scenarios where I am confident it will fail.
  4. wazul Active Member

in discord a wiz say double dipping in FB for combat mitig...

need a look from dev
  5. Rondo9 Active Member

So another issue and something that is concerning since fervor was removed from effecting fiery blast because it is believed that it was double dipping. Well it seems that combat mit is double dipping us (thanks to Daray for suggesting this be tested). I tested and calculated the damage of FB in both KA instance and ToT isntance.

[IMG]

So as you can see there is an average of 4.35% difference from KA to ToT mobs which would indicate that combat mit is effecting both the damage of the spells and the damage of fiery blast itself (it would be safe to assume that this would also apply to RO/VC). My suggestion would be remove the combat mit from FB (like yous did with dumbfire pets) or increase the % that it uses to compensate for it.
  6. Daray Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised by that oversight. And I think you only looked at solo(?) content, so that double reduction would only get worse on content with higher combat mit on the buff packages.
  7. Rondo9 Active Member

So after today fiery blast seems even more totally broken then what it did before, about 80% of the time it does absolutely no damage. Then for speaking my mind I get banned from discord!!!
  8. Rondo9 Active Member

So I got the epic and did a 8x TD test during the FB chain I did a total of 119.3 Billion damage FB hit for 284 million when it should of been somewhere around 56.65 billion (its 3am I'm not going break it all down and calculate it correctly)

[IMG]

Working as intended?
  9. Yards Well-Known Member

Fb is broken, however if they did fix it, they would probably need to tone it down or make ascension abilities not work with it.
  10. Pitta Active Member

FB needs to be fixed, not denying it. But what is this?
    [IMG]
    I didnt know you could be an etherealist and a geomancer at the same time.
  11. Veta Well-Known Member

Zap occurs when there are issues with ACT registering the ticks and/or termination of Implosion. Just like when ACT has issues registering Scorched Earth, the ticks will show up as "burn." This usually occurs if the training dummy dies in the process of taking damage and the dp prevents it from dying.
  12. Pitta Active Member

Oh. Ok. Neat.
  13. wazul Active Member

situation is simple and sad.
    actualy, i have hammer and epic.

with the Broken FB, is more efficient to keep hammer, no cast FB and profit the 6s burst in insta cast or ascension ability.
    for use the epic, and play with rota based on FB/increment, we need a real fix with FB.

now buff epic : all based on fusion. with that sorry but no chance we top a parse. long casting time, long reuse time. (and rune reset was nerfed so...)

but i can understand, the epic part. not a very good choice for wiz, but we can live with that.
    But a broken FB : NO WAY. it's the ability define the class..... left or right prestige, FB define the class. so with broken FB, we have a broken class.
    Agarth likes this.
  14. Zelox Active Member

So if the code is too problematic to fix for fiery blast, would it be easier to do this? ~30% damage boost to all abilities after all modifications (but before SDA/ADA). same cast, recast, and duration.
    The reason for applying after modifications instead of before is so that we don't have issues with scaleability later on because ability mod is an applied number rather than a percentage multiplier, so if mod becomes more valuable later in the game fiery blast won't lose any percentage of value.