Is this the norm for a Wizzy?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Kristabella, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Indy Member

Wizards can parse decently this xpac, but it does take a LOT of work to get them there. (Yes we can be outparsed by classes that have substantially less potency when looking at non ascension spells.) There is no balance this xpac. It is not unusual for certain classes to parse better than others on any given xpac, which changes by the xpac. That is not to say that there aren't things that should be fixed, which for the most part have already been mentioned several times in the forums, so I won't reiterate.
    Xerikton likes this.
  2. Ashandra Well-Known Member

They can out parse me on the shorter stuff depending on what's up spell/anc wise . I am the summoner doubling his parse on longer fights there's reasons for that mainly summoner is sustained damage not rocket science push for more dots ect if you wish for sustained damage veta has done a good job of explaining things our pet actually doesn't do a great deal on the higher tier raid mobs.
  3. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

No epic, epic skills not brought to ancient level ... just guessing? lol
  4. Kioske Well-Known Member

Might be the same reason that some beastlords aren't topping parses in some guilds too, right?
  5. Kielex Well-Known Member

Yet your dots are like what, 5% of your parse...? Please, rangers are intended to be burst dps, doesn't mean that they actually are atm.
  6. Kioske Well-Known Member

I understand that some classes are fearful of the nerf hammer that probably will come their way, because DBG will probably nerf before they bring sorcerers up to the pack.. but seriously, you guys need to stop coming to the forums and trying to defend the DPS gap as a skill gap. Your classes are way ahead of sorcerers as far as DPS potential goes. It's a fact. We're here to figure out ways to fix it, not to hear your opinion on why you think you're a better player and that's why you're doing better on the parse. If you want to lie and say something like "sorcerers are beating me on T3's and T4 parses" then I have no time for you. Fact is, outside of 15 second ascension mashing during rising tide, sorcerers are NOT EVEN CLOSE to the DPS capability of a summoner. Period. It's not up for debate, it's called a fact, not a theory. The only guilds that have sorcerers topping parses or anywhere near the tops of parses are lesser guilds where the skill gap is the difference. If you are in a top 25 guild, you do not have a sorcerer that is anywhere near the top of your parse. If you do, then you won't go much farther because you will not be meeting DPS checks for T4s or expert raids for quite some time.

Stop trying to debate the subject and let's work on constructive feedback on how to remedy the problem. If you're a summoner/BL/Ranger here to defend your class as "not that OP" please go find yourself another thread.
  7. Ashandra Well-Known Member

I am in a top 25 raiding guild our wiz can do reasonable damage not horrid that belongs to warlock .Here's some thing constructive mana burn for wiz doesnt do much and yet there's a version in game that works well and hits damn hard why don't you ask the devs to replace yr **** version with it they minus the port part I mean its there they fixed it?.
  8. Ashandra Well-Known Member

My dots are a lot more then that Swarms ect are dots.
  9. Skulls Member

If I was a Sorcerer..................... I would be using the left side of prestige for the incinerate, hellfire, abil mod and FERVOR for the win. Stop trying to play that class on the right side that's outdated old xpacs ago set up peeps. The devs changed and boosted the left side for a reason.......................NOW go and try it and realize the wiz and lock are in a good spot, you need to give up your old habits and make the change. Enjoy your Sorcs, you also get additional fervor from you new epic weapon buffs you got FERVOR comin out your ears for the biggest burst,spike damage in the game, so buff, burst and blow your ascension wads, cause your gonna leave everyone else in the dust on short fights with more fervor than any other class in the game.
    FERVOR is the king, its godmode......................................:<)
    Sorcs are not underpowered, go left and start playing them right!!!!!
    Enjoy
  10. Kielex Well-Known Member

That explains why every OG sorcerer was okay last xpac and is trash now...
  11. Simien Active Member

Are you trolling? What makes you think that every sorcerer that plays seriously has not tried and tested left side prestige? We waited and waited and waited for left side to be fixed...biting our nails, sitting on the edge of our seats and we were all disappointed. Is it better then it was? Yes. Is it a better option the right side? Not by a long shot.

If you were a sorcerer you would realize how inferior left side is to right even after the fix, but obviously you are not a sorcerer or your post would reflect some sort of knowledge of the archetype. BTW EVERY class gets fervor on their epic weapon so lets not act like it is a blessing that only sorcerers receive.

Biggest burst, spike damage in the game? Are you playing EQ2? We are getting beat up and down the board, short fights, long fights, easy fights, hard fights, heavy scripts, tank and spanks it really does not matter. And that is happening from heroic sorcerer to the end game.
  12. Simien Active Member

I should say Wizard left side, not trying to speak for Warlocks.
  13. Kioske Well-Known Member

I believe the wizard you are talking about has a fair bit more potency than most people in your raid force because of tithe.
  14. Kioske Well-Known Member

Please stop talking. I've been left side since the change, and I gained some DPS, but to say something so blatantly stupid as "wiz and lock are in a good spot"... Just, stop talking.
    Snikkety likes this.
  15. Kioske Well-Known Member

I was gonna correct you on warlocks until I saw this. I can't speak for wizards, but the left side for a warlock is better. Not by much, but it is a bit better. (It's better for my gameplay too, because warlocks are already heavy on the buff juggle, so it's one less thing to worry about not having to gain increments)
  16. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Our top DPS all have around to same tilthe numbers the wiz is putting out fair numbers not horrid it can sit from no 1 to 4 they need tune up no denying I'd say you will be getting some thing this mid year update.
  17. Kioske Well-Known Member

Are you seriously suggesting to me that your wizard tops your parse? Ever? (I'm not talking 15 second parses where you fire ascension during rising tide)
  18. Uyaem Member

Biggest waste of my time reading this. And I knew I should've stopped after "If I was a Sorcerer...".
    Snikkety and Kioske like this.
  19. Fairin Active Member

so what you are saying. when i can play my alt again with the next big patch (hopefully) i get to be the underdog dps again like i did with troubs back in dov? - you remember "troubs suck - troubs cant parse, ect back in dov? .. >:)

now its sorcerers suck cant parse ect in KA? sounds like an open challenge to me!... just im not gonna do them mage factions... soooooo i'll wait.
  20. Indy Member

Regarding left side prestige, provided you are set up well enough through deity, gear etc to remain at CB cap, left side can be beneficial for potency. (I can currently gain about 1k pot on left side spec the way I am set up, but I can't afford to reforge out of cb the way I could with cb overage on right, so -100k ab mod to do so.) Mystical Heat sux... if you're at 100% on reuse, you're not going to get below the 50% recast reduction time granted by that with ANY AA, cuz that is cap. Also, the mana regen portion of that is doing some odd things to my health bar.. even if it is suppose to be using hp for the regen (which isn't indicated, but may be as intended) it's wonky. Ro's Power is currently borked in that if you have any more than 1 point in it, once you've saved the AA setup, it reduces the base damage to 33% as if you only have one point in it. As for the ab mod Skulls seems to be alluding to, left side does not currently give a 2.5m 10 second spike to ab mod... EQIIU still shows it, but it's outdated info.