Is this the norm for a Wizzy?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Kristabella, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Nero Active Member

Again, this is just how forums work, you have people take the actual in-game situations, and blow them WAY out of proportion.

Yes, certain classes are slightly better off, and certain classes are easier to play. Problem is sometimes these two things overlap.

Doom, if you honestly think people are sending in their pet, going AFK, and topping parses, you have a bigger problem. While I do not disagree with the sentiment that conjys are both in a good place as a class, and are easier to play, I certainly cannot tolerate people making misleading statements like that.

If you actually played a conjy, you would know that a number of spells are cast "through" the pet, and the conjys that put up huge numbers with their pets are actively pushing buttons to make that happen. I guarantee you they arent just sitting there AFK.
    Kioske, Ashandra and Simien like this.
  2. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

@Nero
    Yeah I do see they casting SoulBurn :D Ele Toxicity and swarms (hope I did not miss anything?) - again not blame them but rather a bit envy (cause I have to literally pretend I am playing drums not as bad as warlock but still - hitting none stop feral rending keeping up feral intensify, hear ACT for eth rav boom - hit temps - hit Epic/Ascend or Primal chain - hit savagery temps - re-use of dagger storm when ever its up etc. etc. etc.) so yeah unlike conjuror my hands constantly pressing something
    Same with ranger send hawk, pop temp, sniper, squard (hope I don't missed much?)
    But of course /AFK piece was semi sarcasm
  3. Simien Active Member

Is this a dramatization? You are getting out parsed by toons with 9k less potency than you?
  4. Zelox Active Member

every class should be constantly pressing something?????
    i never have any downtime on any class i play and i just mousebutton my feral rending not hard.
  5. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Any one that sends a pet in and afks is doing stuff all of there classes potential DPS .I don't know why any one would imply that is all there is to it ,you need to be clicking stuff constantly.
  6. sarasi New Member

No its not..ok it wasn't every fight and it wasn't by much...but tell me how can a person who just logs on for raids, never joins groups and wearing alot of mastercrafted gear( we are social, raid for laughs and by no means uber) can go from sub 100mil per fight to +600m just by getting their epic? So i go from topping the parse to the lowest dps class in the raid who has their epic..same with the other sorc i play with...so yeah im thinking whats the point lol. Oh forgot to add the pet did 61% of their parse zonewide..so while im developing carpal tunnel syndrome, they seem to be busy filling their coffee cup or something :p
  7. Ashandra Well-Known Member

My pet doesn't do 61% of my parse mine must be broken or I hit some buttons better ....
    Beee likes this.
  8. sarasi New Member

well this guy couldn't have been hitting many buttons to slack at below 100mil...so thats probs why its 61% lol, but the point is should you be that lazy and be top dps now..i think not :eek:
  9. Zelox Active Member

also I just want to point out that conj actually has a pretty high skill ceiling out of the classes in this game to play absolutely perfectly in any given situation
  10. Veta Well-Known Member

What? Blasphemy. A summoner class requiring skill to maximize? That being said I find it more funny the topic of passive vs active damage and how sorcerers require more skill. For example, people claim the summoner pet is passive damage. If you think about fiery blast (getting a % of your damage in return) and fc (stat boosting the rest of your abilities), those are passive damage too. FB/FC are more burst-like passive damage (if FB worked properly and FC scaled better of course), while the pet is merely more sustained passive damage. If people disagree with the FB statement, then think in terms of VC. If you think VC is passive damage, FB works the same way, but the damage is for yourself and not the group.
  11. Simien Active Member

I know in our raids a conj with only 1 ascension spell mastered (1 spell only) smokes my parse sometimes by double and we have roughly the same potency. But 9k deficit, I am not sure the outcome would be the same. We have a swash that is up there also but with 4-5k more potency than I and main ascension spells at grandmaster. My conclusion (everyone's conclusion) wizards suck. :)
    DoomDrake likes this.
  12. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Well while not arguing your conclusion ... think about warlocks ... it should make you feel at least a little better :D
  13. Kioske Well-Known Member

While I won't make any argument about summoners not taking skill, because it's my opinion that every class in this game both takes skill and doesn't really take skill (once you really learn the game, it's pretty easy on any toon). I will however argue against FC and FB being the same kind of passive damage as your pet. Both of those skills require you to have a sound casting order during their duration to make them effective. If I cast FC and then stop hitting buttons, FC becomes useless, thus making it active damage. Same with FB. Not saying that any summoners or rangers are going afk during any fights, cept maybe Raenha in Vaedenmoor, but if a summoner did send their pet and go afk, they'd still be worth about 500-800 million DPS, depending on the tier of the fight. That's passive damage.
    Uyaem likes this.
  14. Yards Well-Known Member

If summoners require no skill, how are there still some completely horrible ones out there.
    Kioske, Ashandra and Simien like this.
  15. Veta Well-Known Member

I am not sure where you are getting "500-800 million dps, depending on tier," my pet barely sustains 600mil on a training dummy (which doesn't include stats such as combat mitigation) and I know my stats are a lot higher than the average summoner. At t2+ my pet sustains around 150-200mil (it drops further per tier increase and in our raid that is less than most of our healers), which includes Raenha. I am not sure if you are only looking at planeswalker x or reaper x ability or including the whole package deal (which would make more sense and some of that, in your case, would be active damage).
  16. Kielex Well-Known Member

This is a thread about wizards. Can we please all agree that summoners are in a good spot and that they shouldn't be touched (for now) and that sorcerers are far behind? Lets focus on the real issue, instead of throwing meaningless numbers around.
  17. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Pffft what are you the police ? dirty SK. They can fix wizard pretty easy there not that far behind I don't see any one putting up ideas just fb which seems to be in the to hard basket . perhaps just further cut spell reuse timers and base casting speed on wiz then give em a new hard hitting spell if fb is too hard or rework mana burn to actually crit next major upd I'd say some thing will change.
  18. Kioske Well-Known Member

Wizards aren't that far behind? Oh no girl, what is you doing?
    Snikkety and Kielex like this.
  19. Kielex Well-Known Member

They are only parsing half what summoners are parsing on sustained fights. Doesn't seem far behind to me at all.
    Kioske likes this.
  20. Ashandra Well-Known Member

So advocate to fix stuff not just fb that's in the too hard basket go through all the summoner threads over the years the class didn't just start working hell we only started using our scout pet again the last few expacs till then our only pet was a mage that actually worked . If fb won't work push for some thing else fighting with summors ain't going to do any thing be proactive.