Guild Hall Preview from Fan Faire up at EQ2TC!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-NiamiDenMother, Aug 15, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Giralus Guest

Znurf@Mistmoore wrote:

and now it truely has come full circle, we have gotten the Pay the same amount to play arguement, we have gotten the Blame raiders arguement, the feel sorry for me im a casual player arguement , the play to have fun/part time job arguement , and now we have gotten a quiting game post .

now that all thats out of the way we can start discussing the guild halls instead of $$$ , what is anyones favorite thing about them ?
    i think having a npc go harvest for my lazy behind is Great : )

{ NOTE : my qouting also was doing the (o) , i signed out and back in and its working for me now }
  2. ARCHIVED-shaunfletcher Guest

Giralus wrote:
    Oh sure, we shall all stop posting any negative opinions. Or not.
    So what do I like?
    Training dummies are cool, as is the idea of summoning training creatures. trophies are cool. In guild broker is a great idea. uniformed guild npcs are cute.
    erm.
    (Oh the actual guild hall on the island is really cool, but thats not for most of us so we're best not dicsussing that)
  3. ARCHIVED-Ares The Dark Guest

I like everything about the guild halls so far!
    It rewards the players who are more dedicated to the game than others. Not by playing more, but by being where they are suppose to be, when the guild needs them. Raiding is a group effort, and a raid is composed of 24 people working together as a guild, not 24 individuals all doing their own thing. For those players who gladly put their guild before themselves, they deserve more than the player who logs in and does whatever suits them that day. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but guild houses are for GUILDS. My definition of a guild is a group of players dedicated toward a common goal and working together to achieve that.
    For everyone worried about the making 1000p for the top tier guild house, here is an idea. Recruit level 80 players who WILL show up at the same time, each week for one raid. Raid Protector's Realm with coin auto-split turned off. You can pull about 100p out of there for no more than about 2 hours worth of work. Run the zone 10 times, you will have the money and the status. Not to mention you will level up your guild in the process.
    As far as our guild, we have the funds to buy the 1000p guild house now. I think it will be unfair for everyone to be ENTITLED to the best stuff in the game, just because they say they are "casual". Some casual players play EQ2 more than I do. We only raid 12 hour per week and will have problem whatsoever getting everything out the guild houses they offer.
    Ruhl
  4. ARCHIVED-Corock Guest

Giralus wrote:

Ok, I understand that people truly work hard in this game! I wish only to enjoy it and emerce my self into character. EQ2 is my outlet, I have every right to enjoy game & what has to offer, thats why I pay my subscription Fee!........so if Websites do not have the full facts they should not post anything at all, it basically covers journalistic ethics..... and if they know there info is subjective they should validate that piece of publishing........Its just a game. But remember alot of people with in Game, either in Large or Small Guilds, work hard!.......The players determine the outcome of the game and its development in the long run.
    It will all iron out in the long run......
  5. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Still a lot to learn about them yet. Only thing I don't like is using the existing houses, otherwise it all sounds great.

I wonder . . . when you send the little harvest guys off to gather from a specific node type, does the NPC actually travel to those zones and harvest? No, probably not. But it would be funny having the "Stupid harvest bots are cherry picking!!!" thread.
  6. ARCHIVED-Hudd Guest

Matrox@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Journalists have ethics? What game are you playing? Sounds like a fantasy game!
    But you are correct, it will iron out in the end.

Will teh Harvest bots gather "Rares"?
  7. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Ruhl@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Not all guilds get status by raiding (I some times get into pick-up raids but I'm the only one high enough in my guild), many get status by grinding writs, whether trandskill or faction based. Also may people have to go to work during the day, spend time with families and friends in real life.

Smaller guilds are not asking for a gimme, just a more sensible approach.

This game is supposed to be fun, not a second job.
  8. ARCHIVED-eitak Guest

Both my husband and I are long time EQ2 players and have been looking forward to guild halls for quite a while. I have to say, like many of you, we are both extremely upset about this.

A guild hall in CL or ANT should not cost nearly this much, it is just ridiculous. What should cost a lot is the ports, NPCs, whatever extras there may be.

IMO the only people who will be able to afford that 1000plat, and the upkeep, are the raiders and the people who craft and harvest for hours upon hours.

Oh, and people who BUY PLAT.

And for the arguement that states, raiders have worked harder and accomplished more, therefore they deserve the giant hall more than you, the casual player...that is just BS. Yes having killed Trakanon is an accomplishment to be proud of, but for some, it's no bigger an accomplishment than reaching level 80 or finally killing the last mob in a group instance with your guild mates.
  9. ARCHIVED-Giralus Guest

shaunfletcher wrote:
    lol just sick of the broken record arguement { and now it truely has come full circle, we have gotten the Pay the same amount to play arguement, we have gotten the Blame raiders arguement, the feel sorry for me im a casual player arguement , the play to have fun/part time job arguement , } it goes round and round in threads its just stale! sick of reading thru 500 of those in every thread with an ounce of something unabtainable anymore
    some originality is nice like your sarcastic post " the actual guild halls on the island that are realy cool but thats not for most of us so we're best not discussing that "

be nice if they could add in 2 smaller islands around the larger one for the small and medium guild halls .
    since the majority dislikes the reuseage of the 5 room house possibly they could make it a mini version of the large guild hall just shrunk down to 1/3 the size ? .,
    i dont know anything about the intown 10 room guild hall so if thats a new unique structure in a city i might actualy prefer it then being right in town , since thats where most people are and not out on a guild hall island the majority of there time playing
  10. ARCHIVED-Draegothe Guest

I honestly think there is going to be more confusion surrounding this next expansion, and I don't think I am alone on this.......

Guild halls - don't see it being a benefit - especially to smaller guilds - especially if they look identical to the 5 room houses in Qeynos/Freeport

Our guild only has a handfull of active players on at one time. And yet only at level 30, don't see how the lvl 30 halls will help when you can buy a house with 5 rooms now for 1/10th the expected cost. I do see some things i like about the guild halls, don't get me wrong, but i think its over the top... just a bit. ( and out of reach to some of us players )

No level cap increase?? Hmmm, so how many people do you suppose will stick around for the next one?
    60 more AA's.... just stop and think of how much grinding you have to do now at level 80 to get an AA point these days.....
    20 new zones.... for what lvl ranges? How will it affect the higher lvl players?

I can see where adding content can make the game more diverse. Sure, more areas to explore and quest in but, how is that going to keep people in the game? Is it driven towards solo content? Or groups? Tell me its not geared towards raids.... hard enough for a small guild to get into one, let alone get a decent reward from going on one, specially when usually your just a spot filler. Why not single group based raids, for us little guilds here??

Oh, and i do have one other thing, the adventure packs. Why is it they would include the 'content' of these zones, but not accesss to? Do you still have to purchase the access? Been playing for quite some years here, and I still don't understand why, 1. Veteran players of 2+ years wouldn't get this content free of charge ... and ... 2. Why not a discount on the purchase of new expansion packs? ( Do the math, $15 a month for 4 yrs.... ) can't say we aren't dedicated players.....

Now, I don't want people to get the wrong idea about this, just concerns in general. I don't want to come off sounding ungratefull, I have enjoyed playing this game for the past years and would like to continue to do so. I am starting to feel as though its not about the game anymore, I have seen some outstanding sugestions in these forums on several occasions, and very few (if any) taken into serious consideration.

If you want it to blow people out of the water with this next expansion,...... impress us with something that benefits ALL players, of all levels, not just the hardcore ones.
  11. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

I agree, the amenities is where the cost should be. :)

I just hope I get enough sell ables doing writs and money from rush orders that I might have the ability to cover said costs.

The 5 rooms is a why-bother, but the next tier might be worth it for smaller guilds (I hope they do have a gate spell, for the the evil citizens in our guild or vice versa for those who have leaders in Evil cities.)

The Islands are, not-in-my wildest dreams right now. (If we do several writs a day we might make it to one in a few months.)
  12. ARCHIVED-LovingTim Guest

Ok, I see the issues here with cost, but right now that's not my biggest concern.
    The T1 Guild Halls are going to be located inside the CITY. It states that the citizenship of the Guild leader will determine what city the Guild Hall will be locate at.
    However, I did not see an answer to how one will be able to get to said Guild Hall. If someone can answer that, I'd be very appreciative.
    The problem I'm seeing right now is mixed guilds. If there isn't some special way to get to your guild hall, does that mean some Freeportian is suppose to meander through Qeynos to get to the guild hall (vise versa?). How the heck is that suppose to work out?
  13. ARCHIVED-Cassea Guest

Ruhl@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I pay the same $15 that you do. I do not expect the very same as a large guild but where does it say that only large guilds deserve nice things? I must have missed the rule that only those who want to be in very large guilds deserve the best.

If I work 100 hours and you work 100 hours (assuming same skill) then I should at least get something close.

I've been in large raiding guilds. I want no part in the compromise that they charge you to be in most of those types of guilds... namely xxx hours of unfun things just so you can rise up the ladder and get a turn at some fictional loot that some people feel incurs you some form of status.

I'm not against large guilds and I do not tell them how to play and where to raid but I expect the same from them... those who choose not to be in these types of guilds are not somehow unworthy or unskilled. I just hate to read posts where it suggests that only those in large raiding guilds are worthy to gain nice items in the game.

I'll grant you that my guild will never take down the best of the best and maybe yours can. I'll grant you your uber loot but as far as things like guild halls. I do not expect the best guildhall in the game but I do expect, with hard enough work, to be able to afford something better than a 5 room house.

I'm sure the large guildies will flame me for this post but it does not matter... EQ2 is a game and I play it for fun and if I come home from work tired, I do not want to have to log in for a few hours and raid. A few years ago I did do this in EQ1. Years later I wish I could get back the time I wasted trying to get this pretend loot.
  14. ARCHIVED-wullailhuit Guest

We're a 40 person guild , 40 individual accounts , no alts....we'll probibly put 25 plat each in to buy it , no biggy , most of us have 25 plat we can spare , it's easy to get the plat over a few weeks just killing trash or doing tradeskills...

besides you're probibly talking Late September maybe longer before this comes in so plenty of time to save up.
  15. ARCHIVED-monstertruck1 Guest

I think the problem isn't with the money or with the status. One guildmate has over 800 plat by himself. I think the problem is that most people, especially those in smaller guilds, are expecting to get some access ( limited access for lower level guilds ) on "The Island". And instead, they got a 5 room house in the city, and the same house style too. In the end, there's no guild hall for them, within the range of possibility, to strive for to. I think that's just not fair.
  16. ARCHIVED-Cassea Guest

Ysabeau wrote:
    I could not have said it any better! Thanks!
  17. ARCHIVED-Shadowman19 Guest

Sphiriah wrote:

Woah......wait up........i pay to play this game............what u mean guild halls arent meant for every guild.who died and made u god to decide who gets what,every guild should be able to get a guild hall.
    So stop trying to defend the fact that SOE have screwed the PAYING playings of this game.
    Why put new content into the game if its going to available to the elite few only?????????????
    So much for catering to the small family guilds thats pay to play and have fun....this isnt a job its a game develope it as such and stop screwing the smaller guilds and players.
    This sux`x BIG TIME.
  18. ARCHIVED-shaunfletcher Guest

Giralus wrote:
    Either idea would rock. equally cool would be just to get the courtyard and a handful of rooms. Hell Id find a leanto shack on the outside of the walls amusingly apt.
    See its not about size, about 'status', jealousy, anything. Ive always been and remain for those with big guilds or who raid to get a lot of unique rewards. Its never been about that. Its about there being something new and cool and interesting to do, see and get. THATS why people, at least me and those Ive talked to, are so disappointed. We thought we were getting something new and cool and fun, the advertising around the island halls has been clearly aimed at making us think that, and now we are getting the old 5 room house. Disappointing.
  19. ARCHIVED-eitak Guest

Giralus wrote:
    I've never been so fired up about anything in this game as I am about this. I cannot believe they expect casuals to do all these supposed quests coming up to help build the giant guild halls...and most of them will never be able to own one. Why even get excited about these events when you won't reap any benefits because you don't spend 5 hours a day studying the broker, harvesting, making potions, or raiding, or whatever else makes people a lot of plat these days.
  20. ARCHIVED-Murrytmds Guest

I was wondering when SoE would impliment something that would make small guilds destroy themselves and become part of a larger guild of strangers just so they can have a chance at ever having access to the really coveted high end game stuff.
    General rule of thumb is people dont get thrilled at content that they will likely never have a shot at unless they turn the game into a second job. I mean hell, were not paying SoE by the minute so why make it so elitist? Nevermind that some of the stuff like the harvesting NPC sounds like it could kick the smaller player/guilds right between the legs as far as making a profit off the broker goes..
    so expensive.. man the platfarmers are going to /love/ this update arnt they?

5 room apartment as the level 30 guild hall? I guess thats something, it means smaller guilds can get the illusion of a guild hall for cheap!
    I think Guild Wars has the best idea on guild halls. Any guild can get one and outfit it. They are all relitively the same size, but every single one of them looks frikken awesome and thematic. All of them cost the same too. City of Heroes/Villians does it nice too. Every SG can get one, they are modular, you can change the theme of every room at any time.. theres upkeep but its totay possible for a small guild to get a decent sized one thats got basic luxeries.
    I mean why not? Why the need to make it an elitist thing? Or if you really must make it elitist.. why not just have the guild hall grow in size and statue are the guild gains levels? Start at a basic size and allow for quests every 10 guild levels that would let you open up new rooms, expand existint rooms.. Nice things but nothing that requires you to insane with it.
    It'll be great when they evetualy raise the guild level and put out something ever better than the island. Even the big guilds capable of getting such expensive things will get mad at that point.