Guild Hall Preview from Fan Faire up at EQ2TC!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-NiamiDenMother, Aug 15, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Jethal_EqRangers Guest

I'm very happy this thread is getting alot of use.
    I just hope it does some good.

I DONT think that these things should be just Given to us on a silver platter.. but for crying out loud.
    I stopped buying expansions in EQ1 due to the fact that i was getting NOTHING out of it, as it seemed all geared for the uber elite. Please don't make EQ2 the same way
  2. ARCHIVED-Anordil Guest

This is such an incredible slap in the face to the small, casual guilds of tight-knit players that when I first read the reports, I was stunned.

Yes, my level 40 guild could with effort scrape together the 100 or 500 plat - eventually.

Yes, we could perpetually grind out writs, rush orders, and make more alts to do the same heritage quests for the fortieth time.

And what do we get? Oh, yes, the same house that we already have... at an inflated price. Ooh, a mariner's bell. Great. I can run down to the moat and take it from there to the Harbor where I can either find a druid or buy a ticket or hop on the carpet. Whee.

I'm VERY disappointed with this and so are my guildies. We've been working so hard to get to level 40 so we, too, could have a nice guild hall and be proud of our accomplishments.

Our small guild has worked very hard and yet, once again, we're being told that our interests and style of play don't really warrant much effort on the part of the devs.

Remind me, please, why I pay for a Station Account?
  3. ARCHIVED-Todra_B Guest

Ok, after reading all these posts and the eqtraders page I hope the devs will read this thread end to end because I have seen many good ideas.
    I also realize that the halls are still a work in progress and much may change before release.
    Of course I have my own ideas and comments. First, I do have to say I'm part of a large level 80 guild. When I started the game I learned about the guilds and looked for the largest casual guild on the server and I would not change guilds for anything. Second, I hope the devs will be listening to the players for this issue. While the big guild halls should not be "entitlements" I hope they don't go overboard nickel and diming and status costing us to death for the amenities.
    Here we go:
    • The lvl 30 starting guild halls should not be in the same structure as player housing. I like the idea of finally opening up the Hall of Thunder in SQ for the guild halls. What I like even better is the previous suggestion that the different sized guild halls be on there own islands. These should be like corporate headquarters, not a home based business! Better yet, why not have all the guild halls on the island but say, at level 30 you only have a 10 room wing, as your guild levels more rooms and the courtyard become available.
    • The upfront cost is not terrible considering what you get. I hate comparing anything in game to real life but the level 70 hall would be like paying $10,000,000 for an office building or corporate campus. When the time comes I'm sure my guild will go on a pledge drive if we haven't reached 1000 plat by then.
    • I would like to see a set number of free amenities per each tier of guild halls. (see the nickel and diming comment above) Anything above that would need to have cost and status but include a feature that would allow the conversion of one paid for or newly acquired amenity to free for every 5 guild levels above level 30.
    • I would like to see an option for an "all inclusive" guild hall that for one up front price give the maximum number of amenities included per tier. It could be 3X the normal rate.
    Lets keep the ideas comming!
  4. ARCHIVED-Oddity Guest

Well I'm very disappointed. I run a very small casual guild, and despite the Guild Halls being trailed as 'every guild can have one', we've got a low end guild hall that's just a five room house at extortionate cost.

TBH it's not the level 30 minimum, or the 100 plat I'm quite so peeved about, but how little we get for it. A small casual guild has no chance of getting to level 50, so we're stuck with that.

Why bother?

Now anyone in a small guild is going to either give up on getting a guild hall or go join a big guild. Is that what was intended?

Go with the original idea - place all guildhalls on the islands (or move level 30 to the 10 room one, and 50s and 70s to the islands), unlock rooms as the guild levels.

Why not have quests and guild events to build the halls and unlock rooms... not just guild level. (btw do we get to have private housing in the halls?).

Strikes me that actually guild experience is broken anyway - guild should get a slice of all adventuring experience by it's members.

Issit
  5. ARCHIVED-Cyberlink Guest

As most of you I'm very disappointed.
    I always hoped to get a guild hall the whole guild will have to work together and build the hall by doing crafting and questing. (You know, like the spires some time ago)

My guild would love to craft 3 or 6 weeks to build such a guildhall but paying 500 or 1000p, status points and an upkeep is not what we would like to see.
  6. ARCHIVED-Beckah Guest

I'm not going to repeat everyone else saying that the price of these is just way too high. (Oops, just did!)

I just hope that this is a stepping stone to see how people really feel about the prices. If the prices stay the way they are it's just asking for the plat sellers out there to get crackin and expect to get rich.

I was hoping to see the guild halls at each level 10 to 80 as they are all accomplishments of some sort to each guild out there. Everybody works hard to do things for their guild, some folks don't have as much time to play and all they really work on is tradeskills and some people only raid...Very few do both and still have enough time left over for their life outside of the game. I personally have been playing on Test and sad to say, there will be no way of affording my level 15 guild cloak let alone a level 30 guild at that price. *sigh*

All I ask is that the prices be taken a second, third hell even a fourth look. For the benefit of ALL the people that play this game, the price does not need to be that expensive.
  7. ARCHIVED-Nahdian Guest

First off , let me say to the poster who thinks that guilds with less than six members should'nt exist. Bite the big one buddy. Myself and four other players have worked our behinds off to get where we are. We are a level 44 almost 45 guild and we earned each and every level. I would say that as far as putting effort into leveling our guild we have worked harder and put more hours into this game than any member of a big guild has.
    Now my 2cp on the guild halls. I am a little disappointed that I will probally never have an island guild hall. Because it will be years before our guild reaches 70. Most of us have real lives , and can't devote 12 to 18 hours a day playing a game. Do I feel that I am entitled to one ? No I don't . I can well afford it , but I have'nt earned it yet. My guilds goal will be to try and get a ten room hall. Just so I can have fun decorating it. As far as the five room houses go, well that seems a waste of plat. I already have five of them and everything I need is a hop and a skip away .
    I think the pricing is fair. Divide the cost among members and it is'nt all that much. Something worth having usually comes with a price. And working towards getting it , always makes it more special to have.
    People have whined and cried so much on this game since the beggining about things being to hard. And Sony listened . Now the game is so easy , it requires very little effort to play and god forbid we should have to actually use our brains a little bit. I have leveled all my chars from 1 to 80 without any help. And trade skills are laughable to say the least. There is no challenge anymore.
    So my final words are . If ya don't have the plat to pay for your guild hall. Stop your whining and get busy earning it. Trade skill stuff and vender trash adds up pretty quickly if you put a little effort into it.
  8. ARCHIVED-Writer Cal Guest

100p would be acceptable to me if the level 30 guild halls weren't just the same old boring housing we've had in game for ages but with the option to put amenities in them that, guess what, it looks like we have to pay for also!
    Either make those level 30 guild halls much, much cheaper since what we're getting is cheap reused structures....or give us new structures and keep the high price. The cost is not worth it as is.
    Honestly, I'd prefer tiny limited access to a few of the rooms of the island halls at GL 30, with the option to gain access to more rooms as the guild levels and contributes money and status. Now that would give quite a sense of building, growth, and accomplishment over time for the guild.
    As things stand...it just comes across as terribly lazy.
  9. ARCHIVED-Goemoe Guest

Big Dissappointment SOE!

I don't care for either 100, 500 or even 1000 Plat to buy them. But most guilds will have trouble to upkeep the halls with additional Plats every week. We don't even know the cost for the NPCs yet, which will add to the total. Far to expensive. The lowest version ist just another peep hole in some city part = sucks.

This can be a big joyful addon to the game, but not this way.
  10. ARCHIVED-Giralus Guest

Sophiera@Runnyeye wrote:
  11. ARCHIVED-ashen1973 Guest

Im badly disappointed with the guild hall news.
    As many have posted before, the price is just way to much.
    I am a member of a fairly small guild (maybe 10-15 players online at the busiest times, most nights around 8). But we have all worked really hard to level the guild (currently level 69) and where really anticipating the halls.
    We can afford the 100pp, but paying thyat for another 5-room house???
    We could, given a little time, probably get the 500pp together, but the 1000pp will never be within our grasp.
    The guild has been active since September 05, approaching 3 years, and we have fought through the highs and lows of EQ2. But now, when the first big 'guild toys' are announced, we feel badly let down.
    The amenities sound like just what we need to make the guild halls somewhere peopel would want to meet and visit and everything else sounds great.
    Just not the design of the initial hall and the price.

So, my suggestions are
    New design for the initial house
    Status cost and lower coin cost for initial purchase (im thinking half of the current costs)
    To counter the initial cost drop, maybe the price of amenities or weekly rent should increased (maybe 3% of the cost).
    If the monthly cost of the largest hall was 15pp and a bunch of status, this is far more reachable for the more casual guilds.
  12. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    You do know most Heroic "Boss MoBs" also give status now right? If you don't have time or want to get a writ group together you can always hammer out a few instances for the Loot and Status that comes from there
  13. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Cassea wrote:
    The thing is it is NOT one player "working" 100 hours vers another player working 100 hours, it is 1 player working 100 hours vers 30 players working an average of 100 hours wich is in accuallity 3,000 hours of "work" put in, is it really right that your 100 hours of work should equile a guilds 3,000 hours of work?
  14. ARCHIVED-SugarGirl Guest

I'm sort of amazed by all of the complaints about the guild hall prices. The way I figure it, if a guild had just one of every class, that would be only 24 members (most guild have more regular players than that). That means that if every player chipped in just 41p60g the guild would have enough to cover the initial cost. 41p is just a hair over the price it costs to purchase the level 80 mount, and there's lots of folks running around with those!
    As far as the upkeep cost, I would think that most people in a guild should be willing to contribute in some manner to the upkeep of the hall... be it a personal contribution to the escrow, having coin go to the guild bank on raids, or transmuting/vendoring unusable drops from guild groups and raids. In the end, it's not very hard for a group of people to work together to come up with the means to afford something like this.
    On the status end, I think it's about time that we had something worthwhile to spend our status on. I've managed well over 10 million status just in the last month or two. I'm pretty sure it won't be any kind of a trick to cover the status costs.
    It sounds to me like the guild halls will be worthwhile to have, and as we all know, anything worthwhile, usually isn't free.
  15. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    a) the quoting is because of the ' in my name I think, the lastest version of the forums don't like it.
    b) I was saying the thing about the survay to let people know they DO want player imput on this and will take that imput under advisment, so as long as you give valid constructive reasons for your issues with guild halls(like the majority of these posts are) then they will "Hear" you... though they may or may not act on what they hear... in this case though if the responce is negitive enough then I do think adjustments will be made. Also constructive /feedback on this issue in game is another way to make your voice heard on this issue as well and I would recomend it.
  16. ARCHIVED-dawy Guest

I for one will be interested if the devs listen to the players..not holding my breath on this one though
  17. ARCHIVED-Ajjantis Guest

The maintain costs are way too expensive
  18. ARCHIVED-SirDinadan Guest

This is disappointing, and typical SOE. Considering the time they've been holding this back, I was expecting a much better system of allocating advancement.. but instead for most guilds it's just a resdesigned house, and for the big guilds it's just a huge plat cost (wow, how long did THAT take to code?) to get a status item.
  19. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

Ok, and now for my constructive feedback now that I've had a sleep and some time to cool off.

1) Cut the costs in half.

T1 = 50p
    T2=250p
    T3=500p

THOSE prices I could live with.

2) Do NOT give us old and tired rehashes!!!!

I cannot honestly say this enough. We've had enough of the rehashes with our armor, do NOT go there with our housing. This is supposed to be a GUILD HALL, not a house-you-can-already-get-in-the-game-as-a-single-player house.

You want to keep the T1 house at 5 rooms, fine. But make new models/floorplans.

3) Don't put GHs inside any cities.

This is another one that cannot be said enough. They are not regular housing and should not be treated like one. If we're going to pay a pretty penny for a GH at ANY tier, then we should be getting premium location as well.

You want my suggestion? Keep ALL guild halls on the island. Use the SAME building for every single one of them. For smaller guild halls, block off the entrances to where the additional rooms would have been (make them solid walls or something) and remove the excess rooms from the "zone". A bit like you block off areas inside instances that are reused for more than one purpose (Nek Castle comes to mind here as well as current player housing like the ones in Gorowyn and Neriak) only going a step further and removing the blocked off space so we're not having to load that as well.

Until these top three issues are addressed, there really is no point in moving forward to evaluate the rest of the things associated with guild halls. If you can't get these three things right, there is no interest, for me and obviously many many others, in looking at guild halls any further.

4) Be more imaginative about the GU48 title for those helping with construction.

I know it's not mentioned in this write up by EQ2Traders (not that I saw) but I know it's going in. Seriously, "House Builder" is very lame and bland given what we're meant to be helping with. We aren't building a house, we're helping to build a grand building that will become a guild hall. That's like calling someone who helps build a great cathedral a "church builder". Sure, it's a church, but it's so much more and deserves its cathedral status and shouldn't be lowly defined as a church. So should guild halls not be defined as a house.

This one is minor but it still deserved a mention.
  20. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

I"m not sure where I got the idea that ALL guild halls would be the ones off CL and Ant, but this sure is gonig to require a reshuffle in my mind. We worked hard to get ourselves to 60, hoping to get at least part of the grand halls we'd heard of, with perhaps options to expand our halls if we got higher in levels, but to see that we are shuffled off to another house and not the grand halls we'd expected has put me off. I have no intention of spending 500 plat for a house to then turn around and lose all that when/if I ever get to 70.