Guild Hall Preview from Fan Faire up at EQ2TC!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-NiamiDenMother, Aug 15, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-LadyGalasya Guest

Sphiriah wrote:

Did you read the part that me and one other person are in my guild????? Did you also know that the 2 of us leveled the guild to 30?! Do you have ANY idea how much work that was? For SoE to tell me basically EFF you!
  2. ARCHIVED-Sphiriah Guest

LadyGalasya wrote:
    Did you honestly expect to be able to get a guild hall with a two person guild? Be real.
  3. ARCHIVED-Stump4 Guest

Here's an idea. Guild writs that earn you COIN and STATUS that is pooled into a coffer to buy your Guild Hall!???

Otherwise, from what I read, our Level 80 Casual Guild will never be able to afford even the lvl30+ Guild Hall! Way to ruin a great idea. Oh... and I see you took a ton of ideas from the Guild Hall forum thread that you specifically asked folks to post in....... NOT!
  4. ARCHIVED-Purr Guest

I propose 2 things:

First: Forget about different sizes and locations for guild halls. Any guild over lvl 10 or lvl 20 should be entitled to one. And I mean the real thing: A hall on Antonicas or Commonlands coast. And they should be FREE to purchase and to keep up. Anything else will just encourage gold farmers to "offer" to the casual player in a casual guild what this player doesn't have the time to farm by him/herself. It also excludes people from enjoying the full range of what this game has to offer for no other reason than them paying the same price for less play hours.

Second: The Amenities should require money and status to purchase and use and, if it really doesn't ballance out otherwise should require a SMALL amount of "rent" or "upkeep" per month. I would prefer to attach any required money to the actual use of those amenities. So the people who actually use them, pay for them instead of the guild relaying on donations. The limit of the number of Amenities sounds fair, as long as the guild can actually chose which ones to get within that limit.

I like a lot of the functions those Amenities will provide, I think people who use them will be happy to pay for what they get as long as the price is fair and reasonable.

Just my 2 copper.

Purr~

PS: And to speak up about that: Guild Halls should be an accomplishment... Well, no - leveling a guild is a accomplisment. I say it again: Any economist would shudder at the idea of building/developing something only about 5 % of your paying customers will get. We all pay the same and content being developed for just the high end elite will ALWAYS BE CONTROVERSIAL!
    Excluding players on their own term from a part of the game, like raiding (because they don't have the time or it's not their style) is one thing, but excluding players from something they all want and pay for with their monthly subscribtion is something completely different. It will backfire...
  5. ARCHIVED-Sphiriah Guest

Giralus wrote:
    If only everyone thought this way.
  6. ARCHIVED-shaunfletcher Guest

Giralus wrote:
    Do you not realise that its not what you can 'afford', its that the big advertised, pushed, previewed guild halls cannot be had by any but the very biggest guilds at ANY price? Smaller guilds can pay a ton of plat and get a lazy substitute that isnt worth having.
    tell me it will cost 500 plat for one and Ill go out and work up to 500 plat. tell me its 5 million status and we will go work for that. Tell me it needs guild level 70 and I know its not a matter of work, its a matter of literal impossibility for a small guild to go to that level or even to imagine that, without becoming a behemoth (which the new system will make even more unlikely), they could one day get there.
  7. ARCHIVED-Destructor646 Guest

While I knew I would never get to see these Guild Halls in my friend-run guild (3 accounts total), I still have to say that I'm disappointed in what has been said about them so far.

All I have to say is this: Congrats, SoE - you just increased the 'value' of plat singlehandedly. The gold farmers will love you for this.
  8. ARCHIVED-Nayawk Guest

Sphiriah wrote:
    I think this way, I really do. Yes effort should be rewarded, no argument. No not every lvl 10 guild should have what lvl 70's have. Yes working towards something is good.
    What I'm mostly angry about is the old bait and switch on the islands. Don't dangle the islands in peoples faces as 'oooh look guild halls are coming' if that really isn't what guild halls are going to mean for 80% of your players.
    SOE advertised the coming of guild halls with these islands, most people with the help of some hintings by devs thought these halls would be on that island with unlockable rooms etc as the guild leveled.
    That is now not the case, now we the same house at 100 times the exspense, a bigger new house in the cities and at 70 the island. So yes people feel mislead. Its not a case of jealousy or not wanting to work for a reward. Its that the reward we were teased with is now so far out of most peoples reach as to be near impossible without mass guild defection.
  9. ARCHIVED-LadyGalasya Guest

I dont see why people think tiny guilds dont deserve the guild halls. My 2 person guild did the same work as a 40 person guild....with 2 people...we deserve the guild halls and AFFORDABLE ones as much as anyone else. Anyone who thinks otherwise has obviously never belonged to a 2 person level 30 guild.
  10. ARCHIVED-Giralus Guest

its sad tho that people skipped over all of the Amenities of the Guild halls
    here is just a Small sample of things you can have in any of the guild halls : Various things that were covered were mariner bells for various locations, a druid portal NPC, banker, broker, mender, portals, guild strategist, crafting equipment, fuel merchant, guild strategist, harvesting storage depot, creature conjuror, a harvesting NPC and much, much more.

and they only saw the Basics :
    • Tier 1: Level 30+ guild. Halls are available in every city, and use the current 5-room house model. Purchase price will be 100 plat.
    • Tier 2: Level 50+ guild. Halls are in North Freeport near Stonestair Byway, and in South Qeynos in the Hall of Thunder. They will be 10-room halls, and will have a 500 plat price tag.
    • Tier 3: Level 70+ guild. Halls are in Antonica and Commonlands, accessible via bells at the docks. They're absolutely ginormous, with a huge courtyad, a docks area where bells can be placed, etc., etc. Purchase price is 1,000 plat.

why is the focus not on all the things that the guild halls will allow you to do like THIS : " The harvesting NPCs will be of a specific type (miner, gatherer, etc.), and you can tell them to go out and harvest for a certain tier of resources. In a couple hours, you can then check back in with him and get the results of 100 random pulls from the proper node type.

and instead is only focused on the fact some guilds will be able to get a larger Guild hall ??????? i guess you have to measure your worth in the game by how BIG your ...... is ? becuase other then that the 5 room guild hall sounds Fantastic for various reasons ( and there is still more info we dont even know )
  11. ARCHIVED-LadyGalasya Guest

Purrfect wrote:
    Purr you took the words right out of my mouth
  12. ARCHIVED-zhiDarkivel Guest

Sphiriah wrote:
    Why not? Why shouldn't they be meant for every guild out there? What in the words "guild hall" means they should be something unattainable to all but the most dedicated guilds?

If they'd been called "Uber-guild halls" from the start, we wouldn't have so-called unreasonable expectations.
  13. ARCHIVED-LadyGalasya Guest

Giralus wrote:

Mostly that is because if you cant afford the purchase price the other stuff simply does NOT matter
  14. ARCHIVED-Giralus Guest

LadyGalasya wrote:

sorry but there not even in the game yet, and 2 people can make 100 plat , so if a 2 person level 30 guild wants a 5 room hall they will eventualy get up the plat, maybe not in a month , but maybe in 2 months you will . and just like earning a level 30 guild with 2 people wasnt easy it was accomplishable (time to 2 person level a guild to 30 > time to make 100 plat ) , and eventualy you will be a level 40 guild and someday in the future a level 70 guild .
  15. ARCHIVED-Denon Guest

Giralus - Would'nt you like your Guild hall to at least look a little different then the 5 room house you already have?
  16. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

prolly becuase alot of us don't consider a 2 man guild a real guild. since you basically used a loophole in the system to get it, by paying/asking 4 other people to make the guild and then dropping them out so you can have two people.

I still think that if the guild goes below 6 people it should auto disband in a few days.

Yes, I kn ow how that sounds, but that's what it is. it's a loophole in the code alone that lets you have a 2 man guild.

and for high end guilds, even a 1k plat on teh big house isn't so big a deal. we get 100+p every run of PR for crying out loud. so it might take us a month to save up and buy it, and that's only if we use guild funds alone. 200k status is nothing, when there are people to contribute.

Even a casual guild that at least raids some of the time coudl build up 1kp from raiding in RoK fairly quickly. and that's what the real crux is aparently. the guilds that don't raid at all, will have alot of trouble getting that money together. but looking at it, odds are, those guilds are the minority.

raiding casually, raid alliances...you can make the money that way. guild that do just group content and TS..well, it can be done but I admit for those type guilds that's a pretty hefty pricetag.
  17. ARCHIVED-Volov Guest

Guys, let's be real. These prices are donkey. I'm glad Warhammer is coming out soon.
  18. ARCHIVED-Aerfen Guest

I have to say our guild is heartbroken at the news of the cost. We have a level 62 guild with incredibly dedicated players, and we've been talking up guildhalls for months. Unfortunately there is no way our modest guild can afford 500-1000 plat, and the 100 plat for the current 5-room houses is a joke.
    The other thing that disappoints me is the item limit. I have a 5-room house and blew through the 600 item limit in no time. I can see possibly putting a 1500 limit on the guild halls in Freeport or Qeynos, but not in the "ginormous" guildhalls. A decorator will easily blow through that and not even be able to decorate half the hall.
    I understand that guildhalls should be special and an accomplishment, but they need to also be attainable for the smaller guilds as well.
  19. ARCHIVED-Giralus Guest

Denon wrote:

sure i would, but would i have the 5 room guild house look alittle difffrent if it ment that we wouldnt be getting some of the things that come with the guild hall ?
    lets say the devs had a certain time frame to get all this implimented and also working on the expansion, so they would have to cut some area's short to expand other area's no ?
    maybe asking for little changes to the 5 room houses Could be worked out ? maybe the ability regardless of city to use any 5 room house in any city , so you enter in freeport but it looks like a 5 room house from qeynos , or various other things they might be able to do to switch up the houses a little like putting in diffrent stairs , adding a room , etc,
    also i think its using the 5 room house model so you will want to Move out into a 10 room , giving you more reasons to keep wanting to make coin, status, guild levels.
    atleast we didnt just get 5 room houses as the only option we now have 3 options where befor there were none, and with expansion in a couple months and no level increase( no concrete evidence on that ) we have a year to stay at level 80, so we have a year to master our skill's, help our friends and guildies and Make money so we can move out da getto and into a 10 room hall
    anyway i look at it there are more positives then negatives about the upcoming guild halls , the only negative is the same 5 room model ( but who knows keep pestering them about That and maybe some minor or even major changes will come : ) , the coin aspect is inconsiquential if you wnna make coin you will find ways to make it ( loot me a SK Deathmarch master from Poets place and thats an easy 100 plat right there lol , or various other masters that are worth a small fortune, and thats just one way to make money , could play the broker market and make a large fortune in a week )
  20. ARCHIVED-Odium Guest

I don’t want to say I’m disappointed because things *might* change before launch and there may be other options we don’t know about yet. But assuming things go pretty much as presented, I admit to feeling some pain over this.

My guild is a family-style guild and I think if we pulled our resources we could get one of the T2 guildhalls – but I’m not sure we could justify the cost and upkeep. Seems to me the guild halls are designed for the raiding guilds or larger guilds with legions of questing players. I don’t mean it in a bad way, but there are a lot of active family-style guilds that don’t see raiding and questing as the only reason to log in. Sometimes it’s just to be social, role-play or craft. I know people point to the fact that guild halls should be special and something to earn - and I agree, but isnt it also fair to provide a level of guildhall that even the smallest (in terms of members, not level) family guild can strive for? I think Mercedes are pretty special, but just because I cant afford one, does that mean I shouldn't have a car? Cant I just have a good ol' Chevy or Ford? Let those that have the resources strive for the big league guildhalls.
    I think there needs to be a fourth guild hall type that is designed for the family-style guilds that are not going to have the resources for the current three types. This fourth class of guildhall has to have some limitations though, but this is how I would see it.
    1 – Cost. I still think a guild halls need to be expensive, so lets say this one is 50 plat.

2 – Upkeep –Status and coin as with the other guildhalls, but with one main difference – house items reduce the cost, as with regular player housing (though you cannot completely eliminate upkeep costs, only reduce them). This allows these smaller guilds with a way to reduce their upkeep costs while also allowing dedicated guild crafters to add a lot of value and generate work for the associated tradeskills.
    3 – Guild level – Can be purchased by any guild lvl 25+ but guild level plays no role afterward.

4 - Amenities. We don’t all need to be driving Mercedes – a lot of us would be happy with a few basic options that get the job done. This guildhall has a limit of 12 amenities and unlike the other guildhalls where guild level plays a role, that is not the case here. You get 12, and 12 only – doesn’t matter if your guild is lvl 30 or 80. Amenities are also specific – you don’t get to choose 12 at your discretion, only a specific 12 are available - call it the basic necessity package:

· Ability to add “Call of Guildhall”
    · Ability to add bells
    · Ability to add “Sinking Sands carpet”
    · Ability to add NPC druid portals
    · Ability to add Banker
    · Ability to add Broker Window
    · Ability to add crafting stations
    · Ability to add Crafting Writ giver
    · Ability to add Fuel Merchant
    · Ability to add Harvest Storage Depot

That’s 10. The other two are chosen from the “premium” list. The premium list might include:

· Mender bot
    · Creature Conjurer
    · Harvesting NPC
    · Hireling uniforms

Each amenity has an associated upfront cost and will add to the upkeep cost. You can buy all 12 amenities immediately, or one at a time. But only the specific ones listed (except the 2 “premium” ones, where you choose two from the list)
    5 – Zone – yes, I don’t like the idea of using the basic 5-room house design either but I doubt that will change – probably too much extra development work at this late stage.
    This fourth guildhall would be unattractive to raiding guilds and larger questing guilds – its too limiting and those limitations would provide incentive to upgrade into one of the current three tiers. BUT - I think it has the basic guildhall needs covered and is flexible enough to be of value to smaller guilds, family style guilds, etc and cost effective enough to be worth having.

***Edited to be more specific***