Guild Hall Preview from Fan Faire up at EQ2TC!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-NiamiDenMother, Aug 15, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-dawy Guest

Snowdonia@Runnyeye wrote:
    Fine post and i agree with you 100%..the cost is frankly silly so cut them in half and make it up status wise
  2. ARCHIVED-habby2 Guest

Personally, I don't see a whole lot wrong with the pricing structure of the guild halls. Sure they're steep, but they do give you something to strive for, and honestly, if you don't see the value of the basic guild hall (Which should be accessible from out side of the city and have a new floor plan) over a 5 room house, then stay with using a 5 room house as your "guild hall", the only real difference is the actual title of the hall, since to you, obviously the ability to put the amenities in have little value to you. The actual price is really not that much also if you take a look at the different ways there are to make plat in this game if you actually put some effort into it. Hell, if I just have my tradeskiller do writs, he can make 13 plat and approx 70k status in 8 hours (omg, that's the weekly upkeep coming from 1 non-raiding toon!!!).
  3. ARCHIVED-Wigfeet Guest

are you all insane ?
    i play 6 hours 2 days a week , and in 6 months i created a toon and lvled it to 80 in adv , tradeskill , and tinkering , and got my epic
    this game is NOT hard !!
    crying cuz your "alt" guild or guild of one cant afford a guild hall is insane , this game can not get any easier.
    i understand you roleplayers want to sit around hours on end like this is some cool instant messenger with graphics , but dont complain to everyone just becouse you wasted your time now you cant do everything you want and have the best stuff.
    if you want a guild hall stop crying soe didnt give you everything you wanted for free like your mommy did for you your whole life and go out and work for it , 100pp is nothing , sell one T8 master spell and there ya go . 500pp not to bad , recruit some people and go quest and you'll have it in no time. 1000pp is alot , but high lvl guilds normaly have alot of people so it wont be bad.
    but alt guilds , and guilds of 2 people dont need a guild hall. and people who log on to make music videos and just talk to people also dont need a guild.
    folks that use the short time they have to play wisely and trying to get stuff done and will take advantage of what guild halls have to offer they have earned the guild halls.
    play how ya wnat to play , just dont cry that you werent given everything on a silver platter , if thats all your doing then please stop posting here , log into game , and use your time wisely . stop wasteing your time and mine.
    i for one would like to see soe make this game harder.
    if it were any more easy they might as well give us cheat codes.
  4. ARCHIVED-Bratface Guest

This is just so depressing....

I feel physically ill now after reading about the guild hall plans, I had had such high hopes for having one but they are all gone now.

Every guild should have a guild hall, they shouldn't be only for the elite and/or raid guilds who sell mythicals and have tons of cash laying around.

Regular players are the main players of this game, we are who pays the bills at SOE, not raiders, so why shouldn't we have guild halls that are reasonable and not priced only for those who are selling mythicals or farming/buying plat?

I just can't believe the slap in the face SOE has given us normal regular players over this. Haven't they learned by now that we play the way we want to play and no amount of social engineering will make us into raiders, no matter what carrot they dangle in front of players. People leave the game rather than see the game give it's best to raiders/plat buyers instead of rewarding the average player with reasons to continue playing. This is why EQ2 is losing players, not for lack of raid opportunities but because of them and lack of anything else for the regular player who deperately wants to like this game but keep getting more and more reason to not like it because they are marginalized.

Make the guild halls scale with level, just like the bank does.

Put them ALL on the island and have the rooms expand with guild level.

Make them cheap, make them a reward for leveling your guild not for farming plat or selling mythicals.

In fact make them free, just like the bank slots. Charge for the ammentities that you can put in them but not for the guild hall itself.

Make them available to the bulk of your customers, you know us, the regular players who log in every day just to enjoy the game to its fullest, not racing to the "end game" and then whining about wanting a cookie for being a raider.

Regular players keep the lights on at SOE so treat us with more respect than this please.

5. ARCHIVED-Corock Guest

Jethal@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Thanks Jethal, ;) well put!
    EQ2 was to set a new tone of game play, for the Norrath universe, which rivals it's earlier versions, <EverQuest 1>, and as an old player of that classic, I agree with you.
  6. ARCHIVED-bones1222 Guest

Like so many of you have already said, this is a HUGE kick in the backside for each and every player that puts down thier money every month to play this game. Everytime I think SOE is finally going to do the right thing for the community that keeps them in business, they turn around and pull this kind of crap. Oh sure, they'll "adjust" things to shut most of us up, but in the end we're taking one in the backside....AGAIN!
    Whomever is in charge at SOE for making these decisions, think on this one for a bit... When AOC came out, like so many other MMO's, what happened to your subscriber base and your bottom line? Took a pretty nice hit didn't it? Why else would you have run your "come back and play for free" promotion to ANY player that has ever played EQ2? I wish you had done something nice for those of us that stayed here, loyal to our MMO and the community that it has. I play EQ2 for the content, but also for the people that I have been lucky to have met over my time here. The loyal base of players is who SOE should be catering to and doing for, not favoring those that are exclusively RAID oriented and throw around plat like its coppers. But once again you have shown your true colors and continued on your wayward road, thinking that you're taking care of those that pay you.
    You wonder why there has been a successful business base of players that sell plat to the community? HERE'S YOUR FRIGGIN ANSWER!!
    SOE... Tuckin it to the little guy, year after year.
  7. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

Morning all! I can see many good debates going on in this thread, sadly I can also see some that are steering towards a bad end. Lets keep the debate alive without the insults, personal attacks and so forth....

A healthy debate about an issue that everyone feels this strongly about is a GREAT thing.... as long as it follows the Forum Rules of Conduct.

8. ARCHIVED-Lady Zagora Guest

I'm with all the sick-of-the-crap-posters on here. I can't believe the cost. I mean come on- yes we can turn off the auto split on a raid, but wasn't that implemented to cover repair costs for the serious raider? Now you want us to give that up to cover guild halls that we busted our arses to get in the first place? And not to give us but 1500 item count in a freaking guild hall?!?!? I mean come on- a carpenter friend of mine and I spent like hours talking about a raid strategy table (24 chairs, 24 placemats, 24 knife/fork/spoon/plate/stein, prolly at least 10 tables) but if we have such a low limit on stuff and it doesn't count to status reduction... why freaking bother?? Why did I bother to try and rush to level my carpenter to help decorate the guild hall when its gonna be useless to do so? At this point stick in some troll chairs and elm tables... why waste the higher tier rares? You'll have to sell them to be able to afford the "extras". Very very disappointed... actually I'd have to say more ticked off than disappointed. Ticked off and tired of it. Way to go SOE.
    Oh and as for each player giving 41 plat towards a guild hall... guess what? I don't have 41 plat and I'm a top top tier raider. Between repairs, potions, adorns, masters, and leveling 3 tradeskillers (with t8 fuel at 2 plat per stack... I go thru tons of it just to keep up with basics), I don't have 41 plat. I'm lucky if I can count 20 plat total on all my toons put together. So yeah I'd donate to the guild hall, but short of farming and selling the rares that normally I'd donate to guildies to help in raid/grps, I'm not gonna be handing in 41 plat+ for my part.
  9. ARCHIVED-Sordia Guest

Like a lot of people I've just gotten a case of serious sticker shock. The prices are high and I think they should be lower.

Now, I guess its time to grit my teeth and figure out how we're gonna afford this, because %^&* (self bleeped) my guild is getting a castle when we get to 70.

But, on a positive note. The Amenities are awesome.
  10. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

Giralus wrote:
    I agree.. I'm only on page two of this thread so far, and it seems the general attitude is that its too much plat for a building. When in fact, the structure has little to do with the cost. Its access to all the amenities that come with Guild Halls that a guild is paying for. Much of which creates a lot of "easy mode" avenues. I think these should be outrageously expensive.. even for the most successful guilds.

I'd bump the price and upkeep up considerably if it were my decision actaully.
  11. ARCHIVED-deadboy Guest

I have played from the day of release in the UK, i have had my chars mostly in the same guild since then, with some rl friends, which left the game and came back, we have just reach 51, but two of us leveled the guild from 28 to about 40, before they came back.
    We as a guild do not have 500pp to spend on a hall now. We could get that by the time the halls are released ,but unless there is something we can't live without in it for that price, we would rather wait to 70 and spend 1000pp.
    I do not see how this is fair as the way status points were award to guilds has been changed 3 times over the years. and some of the guilds exploited the systems during this time, if your guild can already buy the level 70 hall great for you, but if you also had to put the extra plat in for the level 30, and 50 hall as well, would you be so happy, as all smaller guilds that work they way up will have spent 1600pp to get the same hall on an island that has been promised for the last year. If they announced back then unless your a level 70plus guild you would be stuck with a hall in a city, we wouldn't all be so annoyed, but to have a concept that said guild halls would be on the island for a year sucks.
    The prices are high, i can live with that if what we spend on the lower levels are used as a deposit as we moved up the halls, and all halls are on the island.
  12. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

Coralisa@Kithicor wrote:
    That's not a bad idea actually. Sort of like a "Rent to Own" scenario. Use the equity in your current Guild Hall to finance an upgrade as you progress. Sounds like a great idea! Kudos!
  13. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Spyderbite@Venekor wrote:
    I agree the amenities are nice, but unafordable, especially after a guild hall is purchased. I wouldn't have anything left. (3 person guild was once a raiding guild that split up. Level 51 and I got most of the last 2 levels myself)

Once the new Tradeskill writ revamp comes out we might see a surge in rush orders, and I plan to do a lot more writs but it will be rough and the 30 hall is not an option.

It is not a matter of "Easy Mode" I don't want it on a silver platter, I just want a fair shake at what I'll likely help build in this next Update.

Right now the only ones who will seem to profit are plat sellers.

I can also see the price on the broker skyrocketing (adepts/transmutables/collectibles/general gear) which will also make it tough for newer players.
  14. ARCHIVED-CRLight Guest

In fact, everyone will be happy to see IF the cost of guild halls decreased after lots of complaints, though the guild which could afford it will still save a lots of money from this, and could use the savings to earn more. At last, this creats a win win situation that everyone get their lovely guild halls and saved money.

WAIT A SEC...

Then why don't you guys say "I've paid for it, so I shall get everything I want!", no leveling, fabled drop every chests, everyone could do what ever he/she wants to...then no complaints cuz we are all equal and fair when we pay the same $15 USD/month.
  15. ARCHIVED-Denon Guest

I understand what SOE is trying to do with Guild Hall's. They want it to be expensive, they want it to be something you need to work hard to get, and be something that you get a huge feeling of accomplishment once you have it.
    But I think they completely failed ( except for 1 type of guild ).
    I'll start at the top - the Level 80 Mega Guild, either raiding or so huge they made it to 80 a while ago. They definitely failed for this guild, because they already have 1000pp. They are being handed this and are just waiting for the doors to open.
    Next the Level 65-80 Guild that is not a Mega Guild - This is the only segment that Guild Halls are a success. Those under 70 will be working hard to get to 70, and the others will be saving up and contributing to get the 1000pp+ Needed.
    Casual Guilds - 45-64: Looks like you get a 500pp Double-Wide, sure you can have amenities in there - but woops its inside a city that your low level toons on the other faction cant even get to. You will have to work for this but is really worth it?? We will have to see - I certainly would not be cheering up and down once I got my guild one of these.
    Small Family Guilds 25-44: OK You will need to work to get together 100pp - Ya any guild should be able to do this if they work for it but for what??? There is absolutely no sence of accomplishment here. - You already have this house! Oh woopee I can put a broker in it, I can get NPC's, I can get a mender ... ah duh I can also zone outside and do that !Also lower level toons of opposite alignment cant even get to it. Does SOE really think anyone is going to be working hard to try to achieve this?
    Noob Guilds 1-24: No Soup for you! ... Start cracken - maybe some day if you work hard you can put some amenities in a house you will already have.

My Recommendations ...... Have MORE Tiers, and have all guild halls accessible outside of the city.
    L80 Guild Hall: 2500 plat - This is the Current T3 Castle + just a little bit more - essentially no one really needs this but you can show off that you are the best! ( and you will pay for it )
    L70 Guild Hall: 1000 plat - Current T3 Castle - exactly how it is, if you are L80 and not ultra rich this is still a great Guild Hall for you ....
    L60 Guild Hall: 500 plat - Current T3 Castle - with a little bit removed - This would be really nice, but still guilds would be working to achieve something a little better.
    L50 Guild Hall: 250 plat - Beginnings of a castle - same island, but not really a castle - maybe there would be under construction areas, - something still cool and nice here - but you could also tell they are working at it.
    L40 Guild Hall: 100 plat - This would be the 10 Room House but it needs to have a back door entrance from outside the city that anyone can get to.
    L30 Guild Hall: 50 plat - Ok this is only 5 rooms - so its small - but it is NOT the same model of a 5 room house you already have ( at least a little bigger with some kind of nice entryway ) - again a back door you can get to maybe from sewers. When you are in your 30's you will be working to get to 40, because you will want better - but still L40 + 100pp is in reach.
    With more Tiers's like this - the next level is always just out of grasp of what you have - but it is not such a huge step where you feel like you will NEVER get there.
    I know this is more work for SOE, but really - could we please get this right! - We have been waiting for a long time for this and Guild Halls could be awsome for everyone if a little more work was put into it.
  16. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

dawy wrote:
    The reason that there is no status cost for the up front guild hall price is because you can't trade status. As such if they where to swap half the Plat for status at even a 1 for 1 swap, that would mean you would have to get your guild leader 500,00,000 status... now that would be a grind. However, once the Guild Hall is bought everyone can donate status to the Guild Hall Escrow account wich is where Amenity purchous costs and Mantanance comes from.
  17. ARCHIVED-Mistymorn Guest

*sigh* ever since the word of guildhalls came out we have worked and worked hard. We are a lvl 67 guild 18 accounts and about 4 active since Age of Conan came out. We work odd hours and have trouble with finding groups let alone raids. Since I hit lvl 80 i have done writs harvested rares and sold them almost exclusively for a hall. As guild leader i wanted to reward the faithful with the best there was. Yes i have the purchase price and guild status, but i fear the weekly rental will finally break our backs. We will not always be exclusively doing writs, we will not always have plat, most of us don't even have a 5-room, can weekly rent be negotiated? There has got to be a way available, pay more status less plat? Please look into this before it goes live you have broke our hearts and now our backs.
  18. ARCHIVED-Elquinjena Guest

Add another vote for disliking the price on these guild houses, they are just too high!

One question I do have which I am not sure about is this....IF a guild buys the level 30 house at 100 plat...and then saves enough for a the level 50 house will that 100 plat be taken into account towards the purchase of the new and bigger guild hall? Costing them another 400 plat rather than another full 500?

From what I understand Escrow and the Amenities will be moved over, so a guild won't lose what coin and status that was placed in Escrow to help with up keep, and they won't lose the Amenities they have already paid for.

Why can't the purchase price be rolled forward?

IF not then I would like some reason why EQ2 needs such a money sink? Is our economy in game so over inflated that we need such deep and drastic money sinks? Cut the current prices in half at least if they are not being rolled into the next purchase.

It also seems that this will fall on the backs of a few high end people in each guild, those in the 70-80 range are about the only ones who can bring in the higher amounts of coin, be they adventures or craftsmen.

People have stated on here they can make X amount of coin by selling this or that on the broker, well if everyone is trying to save up for a guild hall who is going to buy that X item any more?

Here is an idea for the dev's why not make the purchase of these halls more like the Deity alters? People can then turn in items for equal values of coin. Make it like a piggy bank, where IT keeps the coin. People can then still hunt and craft and not flood the broker with items that no one is going to buy if they too are trying to sell.
    Yes, I know, people could just sell their items to a normal merchant then take coin and put in guild bank, but in many cases those items go for more on a broker than from a merchant. This would give an item a bit more value, coin would go into a fund directly. Its a thought.

Also what will be the starting costs for these Amenities? How much more upkeep will each of them add to the cost of maintaining a guild hall?

The 5 room 100 plat ones which reuse the current 5 room plan is a big disappointment, after having the island place dangled in front of us like a gold carrot.

The 10 room 500 plat ones might be interesting since it is a new place using long closed buildings, (North Freeport near Stonestair Byway, and in South Qeynos in the Hall of Thunder) but still the cost is too high in my book.

I can understand the fact that these places cost more coin and no status to buy than normal places, it takes away the brunt of the status being paid out by one person ( the guild leader). But again I think the ratio from status to coin is overly inflated here.

I urge each of you who do not agree with this current pricing plan to /feedback in game, have your guildmates, friends etc also do the same
    /feedback
    /feedback
    /feedback
    each and every day.. Keep it constructive...just a simple I do not agree with the upcoming guild hall prices
    would do, add in some ways to make this better....

Also changes might not happen to this for months down the line, Look to the past people!!! It has always seemed that they go with one idea....and people work and junp through the hoops to do the things in game.
    THEN they come along LATER and change it, making those who did it first mad for putting out all the time and effort. SO maybe some of us will have to wait while the Ubar people enjoy the first tastes of this fruit called guild halls. Some time down the line I am sure the rest of us will be able to enjoy them just like everything else which has been changed later on in game play.
  19. ARCHIVED-monstertruck1 Guest

I can understand how the prices need to be high, yes, it needs to be, so one can feel exclusive and not everyone should be able to get it right away.

But I think NO tier should get the 5 room house of the SAME model. I agree with some of the ideas here. Let them start on the island, and then unlock by buying as they level up. Thus, no guild will waste 100 plat, then needs to dish out another 500 when they're 50, and another 1000 when they're 70. That's just too much.

The island has been advertised as such that everyone thinks at least they can be a part of it. This is the most important thing. Having something new, something interesting.
  20. ARCHIVED-Zeltaria Guest

I'm rather disapointed too. Our guild isn't really all that small with at least 10 somewhat active people and we've been working hard to get our guild to 60, which should happen in the day or two. But I do not see how we would be able to afford the T2 guild hall even if we split the costs between us. I can just see it depeating all of our banks as well as our status till it's all gone and we would be unable to keep up payment on the guild hall, not to mention our own houses and money for gear/spell upgrades.
    But the (not so official, i guess) word before was that ANY guild would be able to get a guild hall.. now I see that's not true. I know there will be ALOT of disappointed players
    I think the prices are just way too high, and it's asking way too much of small to medium sized guilds. I love the amenities that have been listed, but with the price of those and the guild halls, I dont see very many guilds being able to afford this unless they have a huge number of high level members.