Guild Hall Preview from Fan Faire up at EQ2TC!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-NiamiDenMother, Aug 15, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-NiamiDenMother Guest

I'm running around like a crazed redhead here at Fan Faire, but took a break from the panels to put together the information that came from the Guild Hall preview. Wheee! I'm very excited. I won't have screenshots or other art assets to go with it for a few days, but without further ado, here is a Guild Hall Preview hot off the presses from Fan Faire 2008!
  2. ARCHIVED-msheaf Guest

Well I guess those of us in a small casual guild can kiss guild halls good bye. These prices are just insane. Glad to see sony thinking of the casual player as usual, NOT.
  3. ARCHIVED-Denon Guest

Ever since the last update, my small guild had been dedicated to try to get to Level 40 by the time Guild halls is released. We were really excited that we were finally getting guild halls.

But after reading this we are extremely disappointed. I cant believe the Level 30 Guild Hall is the same as a 5 room house that we already have. There is no XXX'ing way we are going to pay 100pp + Maint to add NPC's / broker / portal's to a house we already have.
    I think I am going to take a week or 2 break from the game... I cant believe I spent the past 2 weeks grinding writs for nothing!
  4. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

That is WAY TOO HIGH I'm the one of the richest people in my guild and I have what 30-40 plat (level 51 guild). I doubt even the hardcore raiders can afford that since they support the local menders a lot.

The house will have what, the same floor-plan as my house, what is the point!

The island ones are just flat out of reach.
  5. ARCHIVED-Magickalprincess Guest

*agree* I'm a bit of a sad dwarfy.....but I guess that means I work my tail off to try to get another 24 guild levels and 300 plat more for a T2 hall....
  6. ARCHIVED-Jethal_EqRangers Guest

I have to agree..

but, it's to be expected.. SOE pandering to the High End Elite.. they've been doing it for years, but this is a bit much, I'm very disapointed.. no, that's wrong.. i'm ticked off.

*impersonates soe* Ooooh!! lookie!! guild halls.. remember them? we promised them at launch.. we teased you with them later on.. and now.. here.. they.. coooooooommmmm.. NO WAY LOSER, YOU CANT HAVE ONE!! HAHAHAHA!! Bite my armor clan butt, casual player!! Neener Neener Neener!!
  7. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

I would think 30p for a level 30 hall 50 for a 50 and 80 for an 80 hall would be fair and maybe 3x the status for a house.

Sure a money sink might be needed for the economy but not that bad of one.
  8. ARCHIVED-Purr Guest

I'm excited on one side, but on the other I'm a very sad cat, too. I have 2 big houses on Test. They are full to the brim. My guild on Test is 51, 95 % of the leveling came from me alone. I play a lot... but I see no casual/family style guild (the one I'm in on Innovation has about 40-50 players, 100 chars, and is lvl 63) being able to get more than a well, normal 5-room-house with a big price tag. Will we give up the good company and friends to merge into a huge guild? I don't think so.

I find those numbers very discouraging for any casual player and guild. What will all this do to subscribtion numbers? I know it's to early to put the thumb down, but so far those price tags make me wonder...

Purr~

PS: I'm not into whining, so don't take this post wrong. I hope SoE will correct those numbers and will make the time and effort that goes into developing the bells and whistles those guild halls out on the coasts require a worthwhile investment. (Sorry, the economist in me shudders.) A worthwhile investment is NOT something 95 % of all players might never see...
  9. ARCHIVED-Yaskel Guest

Those costs are far to expensive, as per normal most people/guilds wont even see the big halls, same as the rest of the games content.
    /sigh
  10. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Eh, I am not a high end raider, I don't make money hand over fist from tradeskilling, nor are most folks in my guild (some raid with an alliance and we occassionally hit stuff in shard of hate as a guild but that's about the extent of it), but I have little doubt that we'll be buying one.

I could buy half a lvl 70 guild hall on my own though (well if I pooled resources from all my characters).
    After the initial purchase, while it's pricey, you have to expect that the whole guild will contribute something to the upkeep (or have a lesser ability to use it I'd guess).
    Higher level characters will have some advantage over lower level characters money wise, but it's not THAT hard for lower levels to make money if they actually try. Not with things selling the way they do. The people who are going to have the biggest problems are those who have very small guilds (like the 6 man or less ones). 10 plat a week might be really painful for them. For people with 20ish players, it's not going to be bad at all I think.
  11. ARCHIVED-KerowynnKaotic Guest

I am extremely disappointed in SOE for this.
    It's not like I expected them to be free or anything but the way I would have done Guild Halls would have been to place the importance on the Guild's Level for opening bonuses out of the Guild Hall and only have the 1 type of Guild Hall .. that HUGE M'Fraking Isle .. and let the Cost of the Bonuses(perks) be the Plat Sink. (which is the way it should be darn it!)
    I was expecting maybe 500plat for the purchase and 2-3plat for upkeep and status to be defrayed the normal way (using player made furniture! what a way to screw the crafters as well) but not 1000p plus 10p a week and who knows how much status. ....
    And the 1500 item limit? for a 1000plat house? Are you Freaking Kidding me?!? Even if I went around and spent that 1000p in Qeynos on 5 room houses I'd have way more items, spread around sure but still more items and would cost me less to upkeep.
    What I want to know .. is .. while they were doing this grand pre-view and stuff for the Fan Faire goers .. Did they wear body armor?! 'Cause there had to be at least one person that said .. "hey! wait a min .. that sounds like you are screwing us!!"
    *sigh* ...
  12. ARCHIVED-Amise Guest

The plat prices don't sound exhorbitant. I've made and spent close to 200 plat since I returned to the game less than two months ago so I hardly think that 100 or even 500 is a big deal, even for a small guild.

The big problem I see is that the 100 plat house is the same as something that's already available. Hopefuly -- since this is just a preview -- something unique is forthcoming rather than the same design that can already be obtained.

I also agree that the item limit is a bit low.
  13. ARCHIVED-dawy Guest

Yaskel wrote:
    Hvae to agree to be honest theres no chance of my very small guild even getting near one of these big let down i'm sorry to say
  14. ARCHIVED-LadyGalasya Guest

My alt guild has 4 accounts, 3 of them are mine.....there is no way we are even going to be able to afford even the smallest guild even though we busted our collective rears to get the level...for what? NOTHING is what. Soe, you told us when you announced that you were finally going to be adding guild halls that even the smallest of family guilds would be able to afford them...that is simply NOT the case. Please please please rethink the cost.

On another but related note...player made furniture will not reduce the status....are you KIDDING me?!?!?!?! what is the point in decorating then? There isnt one. Way to screw Carpenter, and here I thought that the days of screwing over tradeskillers had ended.
  15. ARCHIVED-Sphiriah Guest

As I said in the other thread, guild halls aren't meant to be for every guild out there.

If you don't like the lower level guild halls then work on advancing your guild high enough so you can purchase a higher level version. Even my current guild has nowhere near the amount needed for the 70 guild halls, but we're going to work towards it and accomplish it.

That's what they're meant to be. An accomplishment. Something to work toward. If every single guild had a guild hall, they wouldn't be very special, now would they?
  16. ARCHIVED-shaunfletcher Guest

For me, 100 plat is not a problem, it really isnt. I can make that in a month on one level 80 toon by harvesting and crafting, no bother.
    Its that what you get for 100 plat isnt worth having to me.
    All small guilds can expect a flood of outgoing members as they head for level 70 guilds. The big guilds can expect to be able to charge admission if they like, because they will have something everyone wants. Its not like starting a new guild and hoping to actually make 70 is realistic, so its join a biggie or get nothing, and lose your existing members too.
    Maybe servers with 20 big guilds only is what they want?
  17. ARCHIVED-Sphiriah Guest

LadyGalasya wrote:
    The point to decorating is .. decorating. The status will be extremely easy to come by. If you're able to afford a guild hall you'll be able to get the status needed easily. The level 70 guild hall takes 200k personal status in a week. That can easily be done in a day by one person, but you'll have the entire guild contributing status to it.
  18. ARCHIVED-freelyn Guest

I'm not going to post much until I calm down. But I will say that this has broken my heart. For months we've been working toward the goal of being able to have a guild hall. But with the costs quoted, it will not happen. It seems like a lot of work has been done by the dev team for only something attainable for only some of the player community.

I feel left out. How do I tell my guildies?

I think I'm in shock. I never imagined guild halls would be an impossible dream.

Nothing to fight in ROK for the casual player, so we worked toward something else - getting enough status for our own uber cool guild home. There have been a lot of hints that we would need a lot of status - but not so much about plat. Now we can't have a guild hall and there's no place to fight. Is this game for raiders and big guilds only now? If so, please say so and my family and I will find another game that appreciates and values all its players.

Shutting up before I say more than I should.

OK - one more thing - SOE you should be ashamed of yourself for disappointing so many.
  19. ARCHIVED-Magnamundian Guest

Coinage is just wrong

Why don't they create a "Status" balance for all those 10%'s people contribute and use that to pay for guild items such as Guild Halls.

The Guild Halls can still be 'hard to attain' but making them cost such large amounts of plat will only drive people towards the plat sellers again.
  20. ARCHIVED-Giralus Guest

so you cant afford it today or your guild isnt high enough level , expansion is just a couple months away, most likely level cap isnt going up and your going to be level 80 for a Year . start pinchin those pennies : )
    the 5 room house one isnt good enough ? it would be good enough for my guild if its all we could afford at the moment.
    is everything they put in the game suppose to be immediatly accessible to everyone ? i just dont follow this logic . what is there to try and advance to if we all just get the best guild house in the game ?
    i think blaming hardcore players for something the Developers are Implimenting is pure BULLSTUFF, the hardcore didnt write the code or make up the coin amounts or guild level needed. (but its proven that using the Hardcore > all else argeument usualy leads to things being nerfed so i guess its a good starting point)
    so blam the hardcore, blame soe , blame the devs, heck blame me i dont care, either way you shouldnt get the best stuff handed to you , and unfortunatly for Casual players this still is a game for ALL playstyles, and so the Hardcore people with over flowing purses deserve to have rewards just as much as you do cuase they pay the same amount, but they accomplish alot more in the same amount of time or less .
    anyway i for one am looking forward to these new guild halls , NOPE my guild wont have one, i'll be suprised if we can afford a 5 room house one, but i will enjoy going to other poeples guild houses 5 room , 10 room or 10 + ones for various reasons.
    i guess i just dont get angry over what other people have that i cant get right now and that im happy for people who are able to get some cool things that i might wanna get in the future.
    I'm actualy suprised that the devs have thought about the hardcore player's, so use to seeing them add in content that is equal to or better then what longtime players have had to aquire a more ardous way . besides i hear eq2 is built to have endless levels , so in a few years when people are level 100 alot of guild will have the Huge guild hall, (and people will be complaining they need Bigger ones and that these are outdated)
    o well no biggy i only see Guild halls being usefull in RP servers anyway. other then that on normal servers they will just be a huge empty space . be alone crafter in there most of the time lol . and on an RP server it makes perfect sense that there would be people who couldnt afford more then a 5 room or a 10 room, and that some people could afford , 3 or 4 10 + room ones . but RP and Fantasy realm is lost in normal servers , there its all about equality thru pay the same amount to play so all get the same rewards no matter what a dumb concept that is.