Guild Hall Preview from Fan Faire up at EQ2TC!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-NiamiDenMother, Aug 15, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

Rainmare@Oasis wrote:
    Holy Assumptions Batman!

How do you know there aren't 2 people left of a formerly larger guild that had members either leave for other guilds or other games?

And all your friends bail on you, so you should lose all the progress that was put into that guild, just because it dips below 6 members?

Don't be so quick to assume you know all the particulars of a situation.
  2. ARCHIVED-LadyGalasya Guest

Rainmare@Oasis wrote:
    You sir, are wrong about my guild. I paid no one to form my guild, people have left, some to raid some left the game entirely. Why should the rest of us be punished because someone else decided to move on? A level 30 guild would poof disappear simply because our family got a lot smaller....asinine
  3. ARCHIVED-Barbai Guest

I have to agree with some of the others the purchase price is very high , out small 5-8 active people we have managed to get to 57 through an army of alts doing hqs and crafting writs. However the amount of money to get the level 50 guild hall will be out of our reach the upkeep isn't to bad its that nasty purchase price, I do hope there will be a way to lower it or use status instead.
  4. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Well, this certainly is going to be a hot button topic until these actually come out.

The thing about the purchase price(s) is, it's ONE TIME. So I don't think they are exorbitant. As a member of a level 60 guild I'll be lobbying NOT to get one until we hit 70 which will be a very long time. Blowing 500 plat just to blow 1000 more later just seems silly. So that's disappointing.

Seems REALLY silly though that for 100 plat you can buy a 20 plat house.
  5. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Just so you know, Fellowship of Qeynos, and Evil Empire were started as two large casual/raid guilds that have dwindled and become small family/crafting guilds.

They are not "loophole" guilds
  6. ARCHIVED-Giralus Guest

Odium wrote:

so your going beyond getto and moving into the trailer park huh ; ) , but lol i like all your idea's
    of course if your using a used car you would break down more frequently so have to cut out those long trips so remove the bells . and with the cost of Fuel these days ? have to opress you so no fuel merchant for you , and you would need a second job so no harvesting npc option for you.
    there now seems a bit more balanced , cant have you getting to many goodies or the next thing you know you will be maxing out your bank of norath credit card and then you'll will be paying that back for 3 lifetimes and never be able to get a loan for the upgraded 5 guild rooms
  7. ARCHIVED-Giralus Guest

Kurgan@Everfrost wrote:

they could work in some type of system for how long you have the guild hall, and let it be able to go up to a max of 50 % of your initial coast , so you pay 100 plat for a guild hall if you stay in it for 3 months you max the realty value and when you buy the next guild house that 50 plat is removed from the cost of the new guild hall so instead of 500 plat you would pay 450 , so if you had a 500 plat hall and stayed in it for 3 months and maxed the 25 % the 1000 plat guild hall would only cost you 750 plat , since we are suppose to have an economic system in eq2 it makes sense that your property has value and that its goes up over time.

also 1000 plat might seem like alot today But we dont know how it will seem in 6 months, looking at the prices of Masters in ROK Versus KOS or even EOF they have doubled and tripled, so who knows maybe in next expansion you will be selling some masters for 500 Plat a piece , sell 2 masters and buy the best guild hall
  8. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Looks like we will have to start raising all of my prices to astronomical levels (not that there is anything good to buy as a non-regular-raider)
  9. ARCHIVED-Shameless135 Guest

I realy do not see where all the complaning is over money. Sure its alot but if you break it down per toon in guild its not all that. Ten peaple in a guild at 100 plat is only 10 plat each. Sure its the small guild hall but hell you can still get crafting tables and port calls and what not in them. Your not going to sell your house and just move in. Its a guild hall some place for a guild to get together and say dam we worked hard for this. Be happy for what your guild did not for what johny over there did. Once your get more in your guild work for the next one. 500 plat ten rooms the same ten person guild thats only 50 plat a head. I seen peaple buy 19 plat horses. How come there is not a post on why Johny over there got a faster horse. The 1000 plat hall now thats the bomb. It takes some unreal team work to get and up keep one of them. The money the status it would take is unreal. But if your guild made it to that point Yes you do deserve something that only a few guilds could reach. I mean realy think about. And no I do not belong to a big raid guild. But I sure get tired of hearing this game is made for raiders. They grind day after day to get what they have.
    Just my two copper
  10. ARCHIVED-Hudd Guest

Lets assume the prices reflect the same situation as the housing. Give it 6 months and the economy will be so inflated that everyone will have 1000p as pocket change. Remember when 5s was a lot? I remember times when I thought I'd never see a plat, now I have a few.
    I know my guild has about a dozen active members and is level 60. We have fun together, but do I have to choose between my "family" and becoming a full time gamer? I never got my Prizmatic 2.0, I will never get my Mythic Epic. These are the prices I pay for not belonging to an Uber guild.
    Humm, now that I've thought of it, Sony DOES cater to the ubers. How sad.
  11. ARCHIVED-Volov Guest

The other option here is just to buy plat online to get them. I guess if Sony would rather us give our money to somebody else then so be it.
  12. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

How much feedback was given? I know there is a very lengthy thread on the subject. How much of that was taken away, thought about seriously and in depth? How much of that was used? In contrast, I'm going to have to say, a teaspoon full compared to the gallons of constructive and viable feedback that was given.

I am MORE than disappointed by "Guild Halls" which shouldn't even be their name anymore IMO since they are obviously only for the rich who enjoy spending most of their time making money. Or for the uber guilds who do nothing else but raid, and sell masters and drops for a mint on the broker. Yes, this is prolly an overexaggeration, but this is how it makes me feel right at this moment.

And the title!! "House Builder" IIRC? What the heck is that? HOUSE builder? I thought we were assisting in building Guild Halls. Obviously not since the level 30 "guild hall" is, A HOUSE. *rolls eyes* Guess the title is appropriate after all.

ALL these years and all this time, and this is what we get. It's almost as bad as that stupid "skeleton revamp". Hang on, no, I think it's worse because this is actually going in and we have no choice but to live with it. At least we were spared the so called "revamp."

I'm just too peeved to go on and I'm just going to end up saying something I regrent.
  13. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

The guild halls are still in development and they are taking our imput into consiteration, so give it. Heck they even passed out surveys at the panel that specifically asked what we thought of the priceses, so give them postitive feedback and you can influance the final desition.
  14. ARCHIVED-CRLight Guest

In my openion, it's afordable for us as a lvl 80 guild with 1K plats guild hall, it's not really a big deal because it's easy to earn money through quest or raids, I could easily earn more than 50 plats when I toon a character from lvl 70 ~ 80 only from quest rewards by solo, so i don't think it's a big deal for those solo or casual players, a grand don't come for free.

And I agreed to the players replied earlier, why a guild below 6 ppl as a personal guild or bank guild needs a guild hall? It's not the reason why SOE design for it.
  15. ARCHIVED-Corock Guest

Ok. I am excited, but a little concerned.

Any guild of level 30 or higher can purchase a guild hall. The level of the guild will determine what tier(s) of hall the guild can purchase. (You can always purchase a lower tier hall.)

Tier 1: Level 30+ guild. Halls are available in every city, and use the current 5-room house model. Purchase price will be 100 plat.
    Tier 2: Level 50+ guild. Halls are in North Freeport near Stonestair Byway, and in South Qeynos in the Hall of Thunder. They will be 10-room halls, and will have a 500 plat price tag.
    Tier 3: Level 70+ guild. Halls are in Antonica and Commonlands, accessible via bells at the docks. They're absolutely ginormous, with a huge courtyad, a docks area where bells can be placed, etc., etc. Purchase price is 1,000 plat.
    If I wanted to pay these prices for the new guild halls, just in all fairness, it seems like a rip off, plus unfair for those who do not have the resources to jack up their guild to afford 100 plat might as well 1000 plat......give me a Break.

http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/a...000000000#faire
  16. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Crlight@Najena wrote:
    I solo almost exclusivly and I currently have 80p or so in my bank, almost all from quests. Oh, and the expaintion WILL NOT raise the level cap meaning that even the most casual players will quickly run out of things(masters) to spend money on.
  17. ARCHIVED-Ysabeau Guest

More than the cost, which is high -- but not unreachable should one dedicate oneself to such, I am more disappointed than words can say by the fact that the guild halls are to be segregated in different areas of each city. The members of my guild have been eagerly watching and waiting, and were more than thrilled to see the islands go in off the coastlines of Antonica and CL. Now we find that we are to be relegated to yet another in-city house-type building for our vaunted guild house? What a disappointment.

I've played since Day One, as have most of the rest of my guildmates (and yes, we are a small family organization wherein four or five of us have primarily gotten the guild to just short of level 55). We've worked as hard as any raider has for our status, albeit it in a different fashion than they do. We've not chosen to guild with 100 faceless and nameless others, but have kept our guild one of tight-knit friends.

Do I think that entitles me to everything that a higher level guild has worked for? No, not really. Though I do think the disparity is a bit overdone atm. I have no problem that bigger guilds get more rooms and access to more of the raid-type and high-end amenities. But relegating the smaller organizations to cubbyholes in the city itself? That doesn't even serve a purpose. I wouldn't bother to spend the 500 plat for just another door in Qeynos. I want access to the guild hall island, even though my guild hall might be smaller. The courtyard should be a standard feature, the number of rooms about it is what should be changed based on level.

And 30 is too high to set the bar. Level 10, level 30, level 50, level 70 -- maybe, with the sizes, not the locations, being the differential. That makes sense to me. I don't play EQ 2 to raid. My guild will /never/ be level 70. But I have a handful of Master Crafters. I've worked my proverbial tail off to get where I am. I /love/ to decorate and have access to "fluff" things, things many (not all) raiders don't give a hoot about, like the neighborhood my guild house is in.

Waiting to see if this is changed, wondering if it'll be the final straw for my long-time patience. *sigh* Somebody popped my bubble. *grumbles muchly*
  18. ARCHIVED-Giralus Guest

i dont know but it's just kinda disturbing, not One good thing has been said about all the things that are coming with the guild halls, and we dont even know all of it yet
    its not like we just got a small guild hall, a medium guild hall and a large guild hall that you can just put house items in and thats it, there is a Ton of stuff for the guild halls and a Major thing is people always ask for faster ways to travel and here is just that , and its not even mentioned ?
    Soe can give everything away ( and they do and have ) and people will always find something to complain about , COIN ? we use it from buying potions, to houses, to gear, to items, to mounts to just about everything, and now suddenly we should get guild halls free ?
    eq2 is a game for all play styles, there are ultra casual,casual,intermediate,medium,hardcore,extreme hardcore in Various playstyles not just raiding, and there should be rewards for each play styles, and things to look forward to for all playstyles as well
    o well i guess people would rather be miserable and upset and frustrated and complain about the couple negatives , and just turn a blind eye to the 30 or some Positives about the guild halls and we dont even know the full extent of it yet.
    this is the very first actual news about them and the first initial response is to scream bloody murder and throw up the Hardcore and Pay to play arguements once again , people are in 2 player guilds that are level 50 , there are people who play 4 or 5 hours a week that have thousands of plat . there are so many ways to make money , but instead lets just Yell at the devs until they lower it.

the sadest thing is i can see poeple walkin into the largest guild halls and being all pissed off, and upset and jelous over it instead of just enjoying the diffrent aspects of the game . we are all playing this game hardcore and casual alike i dont know why casual people are so offended by anything hardcore(no i didnt say Raiders i said Hardcore cuase there are hardcore players and guilds that raid little or not at all but group/quest extensively have a ton of alts and have 3000+ plat sittin in the bank , wouldn't suprise me at all to find out the richest person in eq2 was a solo player or some New player who won the lottery ) players might get .
    (note there are plenty of hardcore raid guilds that arent anywhere near level 70 guild status or have 1000 plat, many hardcore guilds are fragments of other guilds reforming )
  19. ARCHIVED-Znurf Guest

Quote: Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas -
    What a great quote!! Can't get more to the point than the quote above eh... But no rage - no longer care - Sayonara EQ2.
    - Z
  20. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

kela wrote:

Was not able to go to said fanfaire so never recieved the survey. I'll just have to use other methods. >_>

Ok W T F is up with the quoting?