good job on the tradeskill rewards

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Xavion, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Kinda looks weak tbh as tradeskill lines in past went.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

The questline clearly took much time and work. That being said, it feels very much like an adventure timeline where you avoid the mobs rather then kill them.
    The rewards do seem to be aimed, almost exclusively, at the adventuring side of the game.
  3. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Its clear to me that they have been steadily merging adventuring and crafting to the point where very soon they will be one and the same.
    Febrith, Kheldar, Juraiya and 6 others like this.
  4. Iglu Active Member

It does seem like the direction we are heading.
    Cheallaigh and Mizgamer62 like this.
  5. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I will only run this once on each server I play on, and only for the new recipes. Nothing else in the list of rewards seems worth the hassle.
    Febrith and Kheldar like this.
  6. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I see no point in running it at all. I have enough bags.
  7. Merriel Well-Known Member

I was going to just ignore this, but then I realized, the more voices heard the more likely we would get results, though with DBG, I realize that isn't always the case. Still, here's my two cents. I like the way pack ponies have worked in the past. I like how the guild harvesters have worked in the past. It's not a broken system, so why does DBG think they need to 'fix' it? I guess they have never heard the old adage, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Please add PoM harvests to both pack ponies and guild harvesters as we originally expected you were going to do.

As both an adventurer and tradeskiller, I don't really have an issue with them combining the two, but I know many people who are only tradeskillers and I know people who are only adventurers, and some of them may actually quit playing if they are forced to do both. I almost feel DBG is planning it's own death by making changes like this. Can they really afford to lose even more players? Once again, if it isn't broken, don't fix it, please.
    Tkia, Febrith, chattie and 6 others like this.
  8. Melt Actually plays the game

Wow, the toxicity here is really unbelievable.

Not all rewards have to be meaningful. For example, the KA crafting line where it rewarded a decent (quickly replaced) cloak and a decent (quickly replaced) resource producer.

Or, how about Thalumbra? Where the reward was... an item that gives a small amount of stats and lets you buy fuel on the go.

Face it. You're not getting a Prayer Shawl 2.0, you're not getting a Proof 2.0. The tradeskill line is far more indepth than many believed it could be and that should be something to be grateful for, outside of the rewards.
  9. Tekka Well-Known Member

Yeah, they kinda do, if a Team wants folks to play their game.

Here's an idea. Take all the top end dungeon loot/pve signature line rewards and change all the stats on them to tradeskill stats.

See how folks take it.

Crafters would be less upset if the rewards had at least some tradeskill stats (even token harvest ones) on the clearly pve reward items, from the TRADESKILL signature line.

Edit: No one is asking for Prayer Shawl or Earring 2.0. They just want a TRADESKILL reward for the TRADESKILL signature line.
    Tkia, Febrith, Kheldar and 11 others like this.
  10. Castegyre Well-Known Member

I don't craft in most games, not seriously at any rate. The reason why is that crafting in most games is little more than a gimmick to keep a certain player type engaged. It's a way to let players waste time while pretending they're useful so the content stretches further and they keep paying their sub or feeding money into the cash shop longer. If the bulk of what a player is able to create is essentially useless in the scheme of the game then the time spent working to make those items is wasted.

If I am going to expend the energy to craft then I want something tangible and consistent from it. That's why in EQ2 the only serious crafting I've ever done has been as a carpenter. I can always put up with the convoluted combine mechanics to make another chair that I can actually use to decorate with. Recipes from 5 or so years ago still having value has value. I looked at the other professions at launch and quickly realized they were ultimately a waste of my time. Not in a good way that I was willing to waste my time doing. I'd rather just stab things in the face.

It took over a decade, but I now feel fully and completely vindicated in that assessment and my decision.
    Kheldar and Cheallaigh like this.
  11. Argosunited Well-Known Member

So having an opinion is toxicity now?
    I'd love to see the Adventure Sig Line reward tradeskill items. Lets see how grateful folks are then.

Please remember we pay to play this game, they should feel grateful that we're paying their wages.
    chattie, Kheldar, Rhodris and 3 others like this.
  12. semisus Does not play this game

While the rewards might not be great , its a good way to go from 100 to 110 in tradeskill and far more enjoyable than doing writs.
    Rosyposy and Xianthia like this.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

Even putting harvesting or tradeskill stats on the familiar would have been nice. None of the rewards help tradeskilling or boost tradeskilling in any way... for a tradeskill timeline.
    chattie, Kheldar, Rhodris and 5 others like this.
  14. semisus Does not play this game

there is such a reward , https://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/1893960566
    now i have the beta familar that has the exact same stats but its nice for people who did not get that.
    chattie, Alenna and Argosunited like this.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

Good to see.. they changed the stats on that between test last night and live this morning
    Rosyposy, Argosunited and Alenna like this.
  16. Alenna Well-Known Member

when that pack pony should be sent out for the PoM tier harvestables like we were promised. they said it would be added and it wasn't
  17. Alenna Well-Known Member

No the devs decided to have somoen give you harvesting mission instead and you have to have the pony out so he can once every 1 and 1/2 minutes harvest a near by node. they said they would update the pony and guild harvesters they did not do it. what they gave us is not what they promised. and not an adequate substitute for what was promised.

Keep the promise you made.
    No more pony/goblin upgrades?
    update the lists on the guild harvesters and pack pony.
    Tkia, chattie, Kheldar and 5 others like this.
  18. Alenna Well-Known Member

nope you cannot call them back you just select which tier you want mats from wait 2 hours and RNG gives you harvests you would have gotten without in that time. any bonuses to harvesting same with the guild harvesters which don't even give as much as the pony does.
    chattie likes this.
  19. Alenna Well-Known Member

I"m like Merriel I'm both an Adventurer and tradeskiller by choice and before this expansion I could do both now I have to choose which one or spend all day on the game. Since the inception of this game you could choose to be either an adventurer or crafter you were not forced do both but could do both if you wanted. This game is no longer Everquest 2 I don't know what it is but isn't everquest 2. GIVE US BACK EVERQUEST 2. I do not want to loose anymore of my ingame friends due to horrible game changing decisions that are being made here.
    Tkia, chattie, Kheldar and 7 others like this.
  20. knine Well-Known Member