good job on the tradeskill rewards

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Xavion, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Xavion Well-Known Member

im glad to see some of the suggested ideas i had for tinkering items got added in a different way but still added for the new tradeskill sig line reward
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Which reward, exactly, is that?
  3. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Is it a tinkered flying mount with tradeskill stats?
  4. Malahk Active Member

Mindsway, Tekka, Mizgamer62 and 2 others like this.
  5. Xavion Well-Known Member

6. Sucha Active Member

A pack pony that has to be out adding to lag in order to harvest a node you get close to once every 90 seconds - if that is really what you wanted then congrats. I really doubt that many people would agree with you that that is a good reward in any way.
    Alenna, Lateana, Fistpower and 11 others like this.
  7. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Who wants to be standing next to a harvesting node for 1.5 minutes for the pony to pick up less than you could get by harvesting the node yourself? In 1.5 minutes, I could have harvested the node, and any others around it, and been on my way to another set of nodes.
    Finora, Mindsway, Fistpower and 9 others like this.
  8. Leed Active Member

You don't have to stand by a node for 1.5 minutes, what the text means is it works once per 1.5 minutes. Eg - you're running through PoM, you run up to an ore node, before you even click it, the pack pony has deposited resources in your inventory, then you click it and you get the normal amount. Now, you run to a 2nd node, you harvest it like normal. Now you run to a 3rd node, it's been 1.5 minutes since that 1st node, so it automatically gives you bonus resources the moment you get near the node. It's got the timer because otherwise you'd have somebody just running up to nodes, then backing away, then running up to the same node again and again.
    Argonath likes this.
  9. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

As I said above, I can harvest the node plus others in 1.5 minutes. What's the point in having something following me around, contributing to lag, to pick up an additional small harvest from whatever node I happen to be close to when the 1.5 minute timer kicks in? I'd rather have the pony do what it did before - send it off for a period of time to gather a bundle of harvests at the right level, and not have it follow me around along with everything else that gets dragged along with you (merc, familiar, deity pet, class pet (if you have one), warder (if beastlord), etc).
    Finora, Mizgamer62, Quillyne and 7 others like this.
  10. Argosunited Well-Known Member

The whole idea of the pony makes my head hurt. Is this purely to stop us using all our ponies at the same time if we have multiple crafters? Do they realise we need more mats if we have multiple crafters?
    The thought of the zone being covered in pack ponies is irksome, but hey, thanks for the illusion ... seriously? How about an illusion to make it invisible?

The Tradeskill quest line seems to be aimed at players that were forced to level a craft to 100 for their epic 2. As it is now, it's not much benefit to crafters.

As for the Guild Harvester I have no idea why that is being tied to the Sig line at all. It's a GUILD AMENITY.

And just for fun, is there going to be any update to the Tradeskill apprentices that we paid $'s for? At any time? Ever?
    Finora, Mindsway, Cheallaigh and 9 others like this.
  11. Altho Well-Known Member

Aren't those orange runes already available to those who completed the 3 factions? And where is the fervor on the new tome? I don't mean the click to get a temp fervor buff, without atleast the 10 fervor its still not an upgrade.
    Mizgamer62 and Mermut like this.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

If that 44 slot bag does not take up any of my 6 slots, that is fabulous but I cannot give up one of my larger bags to downgrade to a 44 slot. The way I read the text there is that it is an additional bag that will only hold tradeskill related things.
  13. Tekka Well-Known Member

According to the tooltip, it's a temporary bag that lasts 1 day, then presumably vanishes and takes everything inside with it. (at least that's they way their temporary containers have worked previously)

Edit: Historically, their temp bags have also been notoriously glitchy in regards to game disconnects, which happen more often, to more people, these days.
    Mizgamer62, Rhodris and Sucha like this.
  14. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I thought the whole point of Guild Harvesters was so that you didn't have to spend your play time harvesting. I don't understand why a guild amenity (quality of life improvement) should now be changed to get you to do their job for them? After all, aren't we paying in plat and status for the privilege of having guild amenities like harvesters?

I think you are correct - I think this TS line is actually not for the dedicated crafters, but has been given as a sop to dedicated adventurers who were required to level crafting to 100 for their Epic. That should never have been part of the Epic quest line, and we are now seeing the consequences.

For my part, I feel extremely ripped off. I paid, what was for me, a lot of money to this company for what has turned out to be a substandard product. I will never do so again. At some point, the whole 'understaffed' issue has to stop being used as an excuse for poor decisions and bad design. If the company is releasing substandard product due to lack of staff resource, they should admit they went too far with the lay-offs and start re-hiring (assuming they want EQ2 to continue living).
    Finora, Alenna, Mindsway and 13 others like this.
  15. Herne Active Member

So tell me, when is the real Tradeskill Timeline going in?
  16. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I fear when Lucifer installs the best air/conditioning available...
    Tkia, Kheldar and Conifur like this.
  17. Porrum Member

Your pack pony still does all the things it has done in the past. You can still have it bring you a bundle of harvests from the selected tier. The upgrade grants it the *additional* ability to get you bonus harvests when it runs past a harvesting node. These bonus harvests are in addition to whatever harvests you'll get if you decide to harvest the node yourself. This is not restricted to Plane of Magic.

The guild hall harvesters still do all the things they have done in the past. You can still have them bring you a bundle of harvests from the selected tier. The upgrade grants them the *additional* ability to give you a harvesting mission, which for some may be more convenient than picking up the mission from the NPC in the Coliseum of Valor. If you don't have the harvester amenities, the NPC in Valor still works.

The Harvest Bag does not use up one of your normal bag slots. It's in addition to your bag slots, bank, shared bank, house vault, etc. The spell just toggles the bag open and closed (if you don't want to use 'b' or whatever to open all your bags at once). You will not lose what's inside the bag after one day.

This is all from Test/Beta so subject to change before going live.
    Juraiya and Rosyposy like this.
  18. Tekka Well-Known Member

The harvest menu on both the pony and the guild harvesters has been updated to send them out for Plane of Magic harvests? The information posted thus far isn't clear on that, and thus the concern.
    Mizgamer62 and Rhodris like this.
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

No, they have not.
    Ponies and guild harvesters canNOT be sent out for PoM harvests.
    The suggestion here https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ny-goblin-upgrades.581855/page-3#post-6476021
    that the ponies would be updated to get PoM with the TS line did not happen. Instead the pony, once every minute and a half, will, if you're dragging it around, pull a few random mats from a node if one is close. That is the 'upgrade' to the pony. That's it.
    Alenna, Mindsway, Kheldar and 2 others like this.
  20. Im_Just_A_Lowly_Alt Active Member

Unbelievable that this is what was decided upon. o_O
    Tkia, ConcealFate, Juraiya and 7 others like this.