good job on the tradeskill rewards

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Xavion, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Trabu Member

What would have been cool is a temporary harvesting bag that transfers everything in it to your personal harvest depot when it expires
    Rosyposy likes this.
  2. Jhen Ro Active Member

I swear, this has to be one of the most negative and toxic communities.

A person likes the rewards and said thank you - and then the swarm comes in with all the negativity based on assumptions. Should never turn a blind eye to issues, and no harm in giving feedback and voicing concerns.

But sometimes, man. Sometimes I wonder how many people in this forum are over the age of 12.

At this point, the devs could have given the playerbase everything they wanted, and people would still complain.

Not personally attacking anyone. Just... wow.
    Blazen and Snikkety like this.
  3. semisus Does not play this game

im wondering if the sprocket blueprint constructor was the original idea to get when we finished the tradeskill line since we got that item in our bags at launch
    either way i would have liked to see some kind of end item that would be nice like this one is.
  4. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Obviously you are not a crafter.
  5. Jhen Ro Active Member

Apparently having all crafting professions at 110, all adv pop books, and most max tinkering and adorning doesn't make me a crafter.

Or maybe I'm just being patient.
    Snikkety likes this.
  6. Kenn Well-Known Member

Isn't the pony so you can afk next to a node and come back with a box of harvests?
  7. Svenone Well-Known Member

Often, if you wait to see what they do before complaining, you are too late. "Just wait and see" is the same as "suck it up because it's too late now".
    Kheldar, Juraiya, Alenna and 3 others like this.
  8. Tekka Well-Known Member

Thank you for the clarification, Mermut. So in regard to how the pony and guild harvesters have operated in the past, they do NOT function the same way that they have since their introduction. In fact, that functionality has been removed entirely in relation to this expansion, and going forward - based on how they've handled changes in the recent past.

While it's not explicitly stated in The Team response linked, in the context of the conversation, and the following discussions, the players understood that the pony and guild harvesters would be updated in the manner which they have been previously - just at a later date - and made decisions to continue to play/subscribe based on that understanding.

The Team allowed this interpretation to stand, even after they knew that is not what they were developing, just like the decision to scrap complete class revamps/skill consolidations without transparency until after folks paid to test those changes, despite ongoing discussions on the forums prior.

That kind of practice is not alright.
    Tkia, Febrith, Kheldar and 13 others like this.
  9. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Then I don’t understand why you’d be happy with the rewards. The only one that is tradeskill related is the bag.
    If you’re happy with a bag I’m glad, but I am not.

I don’t think patience is going to do anything but increase disappointment, particularly if we don’t voice our opinions.
  10. Gudum Active Member

No, that was already tried on test and it doesn't work.
    Kheldar likes this.
  11. Vulnere Active Member

I wonder if the "job" running in the background, to process all the guild harvesters and pack pony
    (and goblin/whatever) harvesting, has been eating up a lot of CPU cycles on the servers..

perhaps to reduce server load.. these quite unappealing methods were designed to stop
    90% of the harvesting (people want POM harvesting not former tiers),
    as a cost savings measure.

I know that I have five level 110 crafters, and I doubt that I'll go anywhere near this
    timeline.. unless I get a hankering for the charm.

Now if the pack pony had been given recent tier access.. like every last player had
    assumed.. then I'd have probably done all those previous TS tiers, to get that
    pony. Now I can just ignore crafting for the most part.
    Cheallaigh and Rosyposy like this.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

Code doesn't work that way. There is no 'running in the background' while the harvesters are out. There is a single pull from the database/table.. the NPCs aren't acually 'out harvesting'.
    Tkia, Kheldar, Juraiya and 5 others like this.
  13. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I'm going to guess the new charm will be made available for having all ascensions at 15, but only because that would make sense to me. I wouldn't even be surprised if the 'adventure' version has fervor.
    Why a max level, adventure reward, for crafters and no-trade at that .... when since the beginning of EQ2 time, you could level craft and adventure independently.

It's like they thought 'what else can we throw in for the ts line, yeah that will do'.
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

There is no reward for having all 4 ascensions at 15.
    Kheldar and Mizgamer62 like this.
  15. Vulnere Active Member

I've never had a pack pony.. as I said I was considering getting one, after I knew it could harvest POM,
    which it can't (not really). I was wondering if you could send it/call it back out and get partial goodies.. in which
    case.. it would be "out harvesting" in terms of the code routine. I know it's a DB call.. I was an alpha tester
    for Microsoft Windows! Done a little coding of my own over the past 30 years.

I'm just saying that it's very disappointing harvesting becomes (close to) 100% manual,
    right after I returned to the game and was looking for something else to do
    Kheldar and Rosyposy like this.
  16. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I know, and it seems odd to me.
    Kheldar likes this.
  17. Dannni Active Member

No reward item as such but you need all four at 15 to be able to loot the celestial teachings... so there is something tied to them at least
  18. Vulnere Active Member

Between all my alts, I have all ascensions to 15. I think my main and backup main
    have them all to 15 too.

but unless I'm mistaken, only on my geomancer do I use anything higher than
    level 10.. it's the long-awaited AOE at level 15 if I recall correctly.

I don't cast one single other ascension past level 10, other than that.. none of
    them really do anything.. what a complete misfire..

I mean.. sure... 10 points of fervor is "ok".. but if it takes like 4 seconds to cast
    and lasts like 8 seconds at GM level, when I'll never take it beyond apprentice..
    I'd do more damage in ALL cases by NOT casting it.

Ascensions from 1-10 were pretty good... then someone dropped the ball
    down the big swirly device.
    Febrith, Juraiya, Mindsway and 3 others like this.
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

You also need to craft all 12 items from the rare TS drop bits from the heroic zone... the 'crafting' bit is, by far, the more time-consuming and difficult portion.
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

Nope. It has nothing for you until 2 hrs have passed.
    Alenna likes this.