good job on the tradeskill rewards

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Xavion, Feb 9, 2018.

1. semisus Does not play this game

a guildie got a gm recipe from the daily ts mission , all i got was a stupid infuser :(
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Castegyre likes this.
  3. Alittlerusty Member

I am under the impression they are purposely trying to kill the game off..
    If its ether disgruntled people working at DBG or CN telling to do it.
    If they keep this up wont be anything of value for Columbus Novus to sale after taking what little there is of EQ franchise apart .

Can only get so much meat from a skinny chicken after you no longer feed it .
    The feed in this case is paying players ..
    Mizgamer62, Kheldar, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  4. Castegyre Well-Known Member

I kind of agree. A couple of comments.

There are more options than disgruntled employees or CN sabotage. What about incompetence, for example?

Also, I suspect Norrath has not been the highest value property in a long while now. CN could probably sell off DCUO for more than what EQ, EQ2, and the entire Norrath IP is worth combined. H1Z1 and Landmark/Next probably factored more into the value of the company at time if sale than EQ or EQ2 did. All these two titles really have going for them at this point is legacy name recognition, and that rests mostly on EQ. EQ2 is really only of value to whatever fans it has left.

So, if the company doesn't care to resource and manage the game properly, and the people left running the operation are under staffed and under skilled, incompetence seems a likely option. At least it does to me.

I suspect the game has had a tentative expiration date, or at least a date contingent on certain conditions being reached, for a couple of years now. If you enjoy it be glad it's still here while it lasts.
    Kheldar, Rhodris and Tekka like this.
  5. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

I will be surprised if the game isn't closed down within the next 12 months. It might stick around longer, but it's so obvious the death spiral is accelerating.
    Mizgamer62, Kheldar and Rhodris like this.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

I've heard this prediction for at least the last 3 expacs :p
    Earar likes this.
  7. Drackore Member

Smells more and more like Marvel Heroes by the day.
  8. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Not from me :).

2 expacs ago, I gave it 3-5. Sticking to that. I just don't see what management is doing to be sustainable.

Charging $100 + for CE.
    $700 to $900 to level ascension.
    $500 - $700 to level a familiar.
    Bug-ridden, unfinished releases.
    The homoginization of classes AND of crafting and adv playstyles.
    Continued reduction of playable content with each release
    Understaffing
    A glaring attitude of contempt toward the players by some of the senior staff (Not ALL OF THEM.....many of staff are very cool toward customers and act like the actually care about player experience).

Sooner rather than later, the average Joe is going to run out of money, patience, or both.

The point is, even if the game whittled down to nothing but players willing to spend a couple thousand dollars a year, can it survive like that?

I doubt it.

I could be wrong, but when I read a producer's letter that has nothing more to say than "buy more familiars", and I factor in all the rest of it, well, likelihoods start tilting in favor of a near exit.
  9. Tekka Well-Known Member

The prediction isn't wrong.

Just because it hasn't been unplugged, doesn't mean the game isn't dead. What was EQ2 is gone, the current iteration just happens to have the same name.

And I agree with Gillymann, even that can only continue for so long, it's not self sustaining.
    Mizgamer62, Iglu, Kheldar and 2 others like this.
  10. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Besides, other than Mayong, who is left to fight at next expansion unless one of the previous threats get lose or return again (I want Lanys as a deity I can worship!)
  11. Earar Well-Known Member

I'm just kind of sad they killed Lanys this way.

all this quest from altar of malice up to KA ... to go there, lanys blows herself up. So unsatisfying !

now .. for next xpac who would be the new threat ?
  12. Lucus Well-Known Member

for next expansion's threat for all we know it could be that we go to luclin to fight off the shissar or the prince of hate makes a big move now that lanys is out of the way and the traitors are restrained.

maybe in EQ1 you can worship lanys. you never know they may bring her back later on in EQ2.
  13. Castegyre Well-Known Member

The gigglegibbers are the real evil.
    Tekka and Cheallaigh like this.
  14. Earar Well-Known Member

if from what I understood we are gonna fight (and certainly defeat) solusek ro and bertoxxulous in this xpac, Innoruuk would be crazy to attempt something. Get the gods on him plus the players. When they've already defeated 2 gods.

btw poor solusek, he just wanted to be left alone, he was part of the team that defeated lanys (impossible without him) .. But we're still gonna kick his butt.

poor him !
  15. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Considering how much fun (NOT) I'm having in this expansion, I am not looking into buying any asbestos plate boots. So someone else will have to kick Solusek's burning butt.
  16. Lucus Well-Known Member

maybe npc chatter from solusek will reveal something lore wise. as for adventurers we really can't kill the gods except under special circumstances, there's no reason to believe lanys death was anything other then an unexpected opportunity.

the most adventurers can do now in my mind is foil plots by the gods and proceed to loot and kill in the plains for glory, fame and fortune.

consider that solusek is a neutral deity and the pantheon is political, he has aided both sides good and evil in the past, he may have aided the order as whole but that doesn't mean him and fennin ro don't have their own plans that some members of the order would disapprove of.

remember during the tradeskill line it's mentioned fennin and solusek are conversing in the plane of fire and are unreachable by other members of the order,given that a god died and one was restored it seems like the perfect time to scheme to change the status quo, even if the plot is a non violent one.

after all now that theer is effectively gone there is no independent balancer of the gods, so of coarse some are gong to find ways to increase their power.
  17. Gnomesandhairyfrogloks Active Member

all I'm getting are infusers and advanced book vendor drops, nothing exciting yet