good job on the tradeskill rewards

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Xavion, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Gnomesandhairyfrogloks Active Member

good to hear since my recollection was sketchy on this, so I went back to eq2u to see what they had gathered so far:

Reconstructed Planar Infusers recipe shows dropping from Grimror in POD event heroic & Glitched Cell Keeper in POI heroic
    https://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/1971531330

Planar Adornments shows as dropping from a much larger mix of raid and heroic zones, I recall that raids were the first listings
    https://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/2898912955
  2. Aussie_one Member

i get the feeling the hint big time that the "NEW " breed of devs at daybreak dont have no patience understanding back ground AT ALL in what tradeskilling LORE AND LEGEND in this game is about ya can bet they haven't done the quest lines of great fay butcherblock feerot and many other Lower level zones to know what foundations the TRADESKILLING is made up from
    Devs ALL should spend a few weeks playing them levels 1 level 60 yes thats SIXTY level zones TRADE SKILL line NOT THE adventuring side to lean what this game has in back ground and the foundation of the story line dont laugh at me daybreak..... how many has done that and read not skimmed over the quest story lines dont click thru them read and under stand them then start to write new quest lines then you have learnt our game
  3. Aussie_one Member

I thought the whole point of Guild Harvesters was so that you didn't have to spend your play time harvesting. I don't understand why a guild amenity (quality of life improvement) should now be changed to get you to do their job for them? After all, aren't we paying in plat and status for the privilege of having guild amenities like harvesters?

I think you are correct - I think this TS line is actually not for the dedicated crafters, but has been given as a sop to dedicated adventurers who were required to level crafting to 100 for their Epic. That should never have been part of the Epic quest line, and we are now seeing the consequences.

For my part, I feel extremely ripped off. I paid, what was for me, a lot of money to this company for what has turned out to be a substandard product. I will never do so again. At some point, the whole 'understaffed' issue has to stop being used as an excuse for poor decisions and bad design. If the company is releasing substandard product due to lack of staff resource, they should admit they went too far with the lay-offs and start re-hiring (assuming they want EQ2 to continue living

we have heard all that before about UNDER STAFFED well thats company CEO's in there wisdom cutting back to make the mighty dollar .. what i am Furious about also is the distinct LACK or compensation yes SWEETENERS for the dumping on us of a half baked half finished expac ,i do not think no BOOK publisher no Movie director would ever dream or consider releasing only half a written book or a movie that only went half way well if they do it gets caned at the box office or or just fails to sell enough to cover printing costs to not even apologise is totally rude and shows that customer view point is at a all time low even at daybreak ah how we loved the days of SONY OLE
  4. Indabuff Active Member

I am not really sure what the goal is here. Is it to cut down workload from having to create content for both sides? Is it to get more people out in the zones as you said? Is it simply a means of making it something you have to spend money on to not have to do the things you would rather not? Content players are more likely to spend money and support a game they are enjoying. We all know these games cost money to run. So why not go at it from a different angle. Now I don't think you will ever force players to do heroics or raid if they don't enjoy doing that. Just as I don't think you will turn raiders into crafters. The answer to putting more players in open world content is to entice them, not force them. If you want more people in open world farming then add some random fluff drops as a possibility while farming. You could also do this for killing stuff. As a carpenter I know I would be out there killing stuff if there was some cool house items that could possibly fall, or maybe a recipe or such. Really how much work or effort could that entail? For the armor makers it could be recipes for appearance gear, appearance weapons for weaponsmiths, and so forth. Heck there is a wealth of this stuff already in game that could be used that has not already so you would not even have to create it from scratch. What I am saying here is your looking at it backwards if what you really want is for players to be out in the world playing the content. Of course if the goal is to force people to spent money to play then I guess your plan would make sense, as long as you realize that could be penny wise and pound foolish.
  5. Tekka Well-Known Member

Yes they did 'promise' when that later date would be, actually. At least for the pony.

It was explicitly stated that the pony upgrade would be included with the tradeskill signature line.

The Team said the guild harvesters would be updated 'sometime later' in the expansion cycle - which has now arrived, since the harvesters have, in fact, been changed.

Folks are upset, and rightly so, because The Team implied that the update would be in line with how the ponies and harvesters have worked since their respective releases. Instead, the current functionality was stripped away completely - in relation to the current expansion - and replaced with a demonstrably inferior option. The Team neglected to inform the customers - customers who purchased the expansion and subscription time with the belief that the TRADESKILL timeline would reward TRADESKILLERS not adventurers, and that their ponies (at least) would be upgraded. At no point did The Team correct their implication that there would be a significant TRADESKILL reward for the TRADESKILL timeline, or mention that the ponies (and guild harvesters) would lose all of their usefulness in relation to the current expansion.
    Tkia, Dude, Lateana and 9 others like this.
  6. Meneltel Well-Known Member

It seems that it is easier to mislead us (unintentionally or intentionally) and not correct the perception, and just let us discover the truth of the matter after it is been done. Instead of perhaps adjusting it before its revealed. Perhaps they aren't allowed to make adjustments until its okayed by the beancounters above them. *shrugs* All I know is that more and more people are getting upset and tired of the situation and that's never a good thing, for your customers to start looking for a way out... and a place to spend their money and/or time.
    Tkia, Juraiya, Iglu and 7 others like this.
  7. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I never thought I'd ever say this....

Sony, you weren't perfect, but my god - we MISS you!!
    Dude, Juraiya, Finora and 7 others like this.
  8. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Fixed that for you :)
  9. Kheldar Active Member

@Kawoosh
    /applaud
    Seriously.
    Beautiful post.
    Rhodris and Cheallaigh like this.
  10. Tekka Well-Known Member

Is there a post missing? I don't see anything from Kawoosh.
    Kheldar likes this.
  11. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Yeah, it's been deleted. It was truly a work of art!
    Kheldar likes this.
  12. Melt Actually plays the game

13. Finora Well-Known Member

Most of all I miss a dev that actually was a crafter and understood crafting. While the current devs did a good job on the story (I really did enjoy it) the rewards are next to useless unless you are an adventurer. Terrible rewards for a crafting quest.

The only real crafting content for this expansion is the one writ and the basic recipes. =(
    Kheldar, Cheallaigh, Rosyposy and 6 others like this.
  14. Earar Well-Known Member

got mine from heroic chest - last named of the source. it was a no-trade receipe.
  15. Gnomesandhairyfrogloks Active Member

When waiting for the TS content, that was an un-fun for tradeskillers method to introduce the recipe into the game... seems to me now that the tradeskilling content is in place, is it unreasonable for crafters to expect these recipes to be gained through a tradeskill quest?
    Juraiya, Rhodris, Rosyposy and 3 others like this.
  16. Gnomesandhairyfrogloks Active Member

Crafters need orange rune & orange war rune recipes or crafting components like Celestial Teachings to drop from the crafting missions
  17. Im_Just_A_Lowly_Alt Active Member

You can add my name to the list of subscribers who have called it quits. I would not have bought PoP had I known tradeskill content was not part of the expansion. I would have taken a wait-and-see approach before buying anything. After I got bored with the adventure content in PoP and there was still no tradeskill signature line I just cancelled my account to wait for the ts signature line.

Now that I see this, I'm so glad I didn't waste any more money waiting. It truly is sad for me because I've loved Norrath for going on two decades, but this isn't the game I used to love to play.

I'm not playing anything else yet, but I won't be back here either. This has been the straw that broke the pony's camel's back for me. I'm not spending any more money to support the direction this game has been taking. I'm taking DBG's own advice - If I don't like it, I shouldn't play it.
    Tkia, Dude, Kheldar and 6 others like this.
  18. knine Well-Known Member

Beta forums have been removed completely or I could copy paste it for you. They said pack ponies would have their update when sig line got put in and then guild harvesters may be looked at mid expansion. Well it took the sig line to almost mid expansion in the first place. It’s definitely not fun. They didn’t upgrade the ponies to the next tier. They instead make you keep them out creating MORE lag and they can harvest as you run by every 90sec ish. Guild harvesters now give you a quest to go do their jobs lol. This update is completely laughable. These devs have no idea about tradeskill and could really care less about how we feel. We all should’ve caught on before the expac came out when they did their live stream and talked about their awesome collectors edition version and hardly answered anyone’s questions. They care about money, which I get, you need it to keep the game rolling but FFS does everything have to be pay to win.
  19. Gnomesandhairyfrogloks Active Member

now that we have daily and weekly Tradeskill quests, couldn't we have the components for the "Planar Crafting Completionist" Achievement mount Thanatorse included on the reward loot table? Be kinda weird if adventuring was the only way to get a crafting achievement.
    Kheldar, Lateana and Juraiya like this.
  20. Gnomesandhairyfrogloks Active Member

just read on discord that Reconstructed Planar Infusers no-trade recipe is a possible reward from tradeskill dailies!