good job on the tradeskill rewards

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Xavion, Feb 9, 2018.

1. knine Well-Known Member

If you think their egos will listen to you, then you are very wrong. We tried on beta to get them to update these and the garbage decision that was given to us by our run amuck devs was they wanted us to get out and explore their expac. They dont care what about what the customer wants, just what they want to put into the game and their decisions.
    Aussie_one, chattie, Kheldar and 3 others like this.
  2. knine Well-Known Member

Really not negativity when it’s the truth. Pack pony that is garbage compared to what it should do. It creates even more lag. We all need that. That was a reason to jump on the post.
    Argosunited, chattie, Kheldar and 2 others like this.
  3. Sinhika Well-Known Member

I finally bought this expansion once the TS line was in. Now I'm regretting that I spent the money. At least I didn't go for the more expensive collector's edition--didn't like the Innovation house that much. (Yah, I collect Prestige Houses I like). From everything I've heard, there's no reason to do the TS line. No Advanced TS books awarded, the promise to update the pack pony on TS line release was broken, the promise to update the guild harvesters on TS line release was broken, there are no TS items or recipes of interest to anyone who is not a level 110 adventurer from what I am hearing. To get all this nothing, I hear you have to do a lot of grueling combines while dodging aggro mobs that will one-shot you, in an instance that dumps all your progress if you get disconnected or have to quit for dinner.

I feel ripped off, lied to, and defrauded. I guess I'll work on my army of alts and decorating my houses instead, until they pull the plug or I get everything done that I want to do in this game. I won't be buying another expansion until either (a) it has been out for months and there's good word-of-mouth on all aspects of it, or (b) this company is under new management that actually knows how to run a game company.
    Tkia, Earar, Iglu and 15 others like this.
  4. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

i've been waiting to do my crafting on live with my 9 toons... i wanted to do the sig of course, since i didn't want to do it when already maxxed, and now i don't see a point. yes, i adv just as much as i craft, but i don't see the point of doing the sig line to get an adv reward.
    ConcealFate, Kheldar, Dude and 3 others like this.
  5. Indabuff Active Member

It seems clear that they are moving towards pushing trade skilling and adventuring together. I as well ended up frustrated and giving up on the TS line when after dying a bunch, needing to make more emd's as I was short one when I got to the control room only to be dumped out of game after collecting all the mats, and in the middle of crafting them. Then after repeating that process come to find out the control room is once again locked and I would have to repeat a bunch of steps. One of the main reasons I have stuck with this game is that I could focus on trade skill. I had that choice. Other games offer much of what they have here, and have newer graphics but they combine the two. For me the option here of developing the adventure line on a toon is an incredibly long or expensive process for someone that has played as a trade skill roll. To actually be able to be viable in a group would mean tons of grinding, maxing my spells, ascension leveling, and a host of hours tweeking my toon so it does enough damage to be part of a group. None of which is appealing to me. I don't understand the logic in pushing people to do something that if they wanted to do would have done so in the beginning. To top it off they are now selling a 100 level trade skill so unless decorating is your main thing trade skill has no value because anyone now can get what they want themselves without any of the work. One more thing, saying the guild gatherers and ponies would collect the new mats after the trade skill line was in knowing that was not going to be the case, well that is just damn (insert nasty word here).
    Alenna, Juraiya, Rhodris and 3 others like this.
  6. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Bad?

Just guessing ;)
    Rhodris, Rosyposy and Kheldar like this.
  7. Gnomesandhairyfrogloks Active Member

I had hoped for reward recipes with items that could be sold to other players, such as we had with purple runes and purple war runes, but now that everyone is forced to become a lvl110 crafter to get the Tome reward, it is feeling like tradeskills are becoming home decorating only.

It was more fun when tradeskills had a piece of the plat-pie, but now it appears that adventurer SLR is going to become the only game in town.
    Juraiya, Argosunited, Rhodris and 5 others like this.
  8. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

And would it be a fair asumption that when or if any white adorn books are added that they will be exclusively top tier raid drops?
    Argosunited, Rhodris and chattie like this.
  9. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Its likely to be whatever will be more "fun"... for someone, I hope.
    Rhodris likes this.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

There are already white adornment books. They're just rare drops out of solo/heroic content and semi-common out of raids
    The current.. treatment.. of tradeskilling (rarity/lack of recipes, location of recipe drops, enforced rarity of materials, etc) suggests that the devs think that 'rarity' is a good thing and that tradeskilling exists to support adventuring and hence nobody has any need for any recipes they can't get in 'current' heroic+ level content
    Juraiya, Finora, Quillyne and 6 others like this.
  11. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

So the sheep continue to be herded into the same pasture as the flock thins, so to speak.
  12. Gnomesandhairyfrogloks Active Member

is the planar infuser recipe still only dropping in raids? The new planar white adornments are reported by others to be dropping in other content, but I also read in one of these threads that the loot weighing has the adornment recipes dropping most often in raids.
  13. zarobhr Member

they siad it would be added at a later date, they can still add it in the summer, or the next xpack or next year, and guess what, that is a later date!! i do not recall any promis from them on when that later date would be.
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

I haven't seen one drop in raid.. I actually haven't seen one drop at all. I DO know one person who has the recipes. He got it out of a mission crate (the recipe is no-trade). I think it was a weekly mission crate, but I'm not sure.
  15. Alittlerusty Member

Was just waiting for them to start selling 100 crafting boost and it happened .
    Forcing all players to lvl crafting or get left behind if you want to stay ontop of the raid game.

Was expected as another meens to milk what little they have left of franchise called EQ2 .
    Guessing there trying to come up with other idea for expansion and are at a lost and with so few of them still working for DBG it will only get worse , best enjoy what time there is left ..
    Rhodris and Kheldar like this.
  16. Bhayar Well-Known Member

To borrow a quote from a wireless carrier commercial, those that consider it fun also enjoy hitting their head repeatedly on a beam in the attic.
    Merriel, ConcealFate, Rhodris and 3 others like this.
  17. Aussie_one Member

# we should start to use #metoo where is ANY COMPENSATION for being forced to accept a half finish product way back November last year i will never again buy the Collectors edition no more something i have done on every expac since started to play No more least SONY had far better customer relations a call up service ,,,,,for Nth american members at least ,better than nothing i dont think ther is one happy person woith this expac we was all duded and continue to be not even a sweetener and NOW 3 months later we get a GU that didnt even go close to having a TRUCVK load of sweeteners attached dont say SONY never would have either they would have swamped members with stuff ,we should have know that looking at the poor boring frostfell not a new questline ,same with Erollosi festival all things are are OLD SONY event stuff re hashed over nothing that follows the "LORE and LEGEND" of Everquest story lines Devs have undoubtedly lost the plot lot imagination and drive that thrived and flourished at SONY home
    Juraiya, Meneltel and Kheldar like this.
  18. Indabuff Active Member

The game is clearly becoming pay to play there is no doubt about it. As for me I had already cancelled my three accounts when the whole trade skill not be part of it at the beginning. They keep losing players, and someone new coming into this game with the bloated prices in auction house, and the amount of time or money to actually play the current content will not stay. I was more than happy to spend money on fluff items and support the game because it allowed me to play the way I wanted. That is not the case now. I never really thought about it till Alittlerusty posted it, but I suppose it really does stink from the adventurer side as well. Those not willing to shell out money will now have to grind trade skill even if they don't care to or never did if they want to continue the high end adventuring. I will most likely hang around and putter here and there in game with things that interest me, but will not be spending a dime to support something that is totally going in a direction that no one seems to want.
    Alenna, Juraiya, Rhodris and 3 others like this.
  19. Aussie_one Member

yes i see that they have really mixed up TS line with adv ............ HALLOOO devs theri is LORE and LEGEND and THATS THE L A W in our game behind TRADE SKILL STORY LINE not adventuring as YOU now SEEM to think Tradeskilling can be now NO thanks ...there happens to be many members YES PAID ones NOT FTP that make chars purely as TS char and are happy to have them that way thank you very much some of us like spending hours crafting its relaxing and no stress good times why do you spoil so many peoples pleasure after all its our subs money that is paying your wages and bonuses
    Alenna, Juraiya, Cheallaigh and 2 others like this.
  20. Aussie_one Member

home decor

home decorators only yes i like that term ,,,i think thats alkl powers that be now at daybreak is all the see tradeskill is only well so well said i dare say there are a big bunch of Un happy campers here plaything the game now big time DISsatisfied customers lets see if they can go into damage control and attempt to win us back ,those that have not already canceled memberships
    Meneltel likes this.