Gathering Goblin Change

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Lodrelhai, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Spindle Well-Known Member

Well, I'm missing the goblin completely on one character. Still shows the point in the AA TS Prestige tree but the icon is missing from knowledge book and greyed out on hot bar. All other characters still have their goblins.

Must admit each character has a different number of points in that tree. Would be amusing if the whole exercise weren't so mucked up.
  2. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Hopefully everyone is trying the simplest of solutions first. Just respect that tree, only 25-50 points, and you get the goblin back permanently. I have 12 toons that I just had to respect on each one and it really is easy. Hope it is for you guys too.
    Every one of them started with a greyed out goblin, and showing 1 point in goblin and nothing else past that.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

You can either reset your TS prestige entirely or just swap your specs in and out to make the goblin come back. If you went to salvaging/refining w/o going to through the crafting tables, I'd suggest the spec swapping as you'll need to respec after the next fix to be able to get to salvaging/refining anyway. If you didn't go with salvaging/refining or went through tables as well, resetting the AA now might be worthwhile.. provided the fix for the bug doesn't make everybody respec anyway.
    Spindle likes this.
  4. Prrasha Well-Known Member

I think it more likely that "2 points" would get by the devs, since they seem to think he's worth more than 1. And the only "valid" thing to do with the last point is put it in tracking to have "node tracking with short by annoying recast" in place of "node tracking with slightly-less-short, but equally annoying, recast".

While we're wishing for things, though, along with the 2-point goblin, can we have his duration removed like the pony? I know it's goblinish to get bored and wander off, but if he doesn't have a recast, there's no reason to force him to despawn every 10 minutes.
    Mermut likes this.
  5. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I agree the crafting tables are useless to me...and for many when us tinkerers can not only make them but sell them on the broker for others that may have need. As it is I only use the tinkered stove for city fest cooking. Haven't really had a need to use tables anywhere else. Maybe those need to be discontinued?
  6. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I've got the irish Whiskey for any one who needs it :D
  7. Spindle Well-Known Member

I'll be at your door in a New York Minute with coffee and heavy cream!!!
  8. Spindle Well-Known Member

Swapping worked, Thanks! All is well till the hot fix ))
  9. Pauly Well-Known Member

so I now have to spend 5 points into something that I normal only put one point into? Not impressed.
    Gonna tell me to respec and save another tree?? Not impressed. Saving multiple aa trees with separate builds is stupid. SOE might as well just let us fill out all trees at once and stop messing with the hassle of the aa tabs/profiles. Having aa specialty builds is pointless when you can swap them on a whim. Might as well let us select them all and be done with it.
  10. Adaac Member

I echo other posters who have asked "Why" this change now keeps me from being able to have mass production and a minimal gathering goblin on the same build. Now I will have to get rid of the goblin on the very characters that needed it the most. Another change that was not thought through.
    Alenna likes this.
  11. Foretold Well-Known Member

I only used the minimal, one point goblin. I don't need harvests more than once a day, and just for the daily TS quests. Now I have to spend 5 points for the same once a day use. Kinda lame :S
  12. Deathstorm Member

Log in today and was like what happened? Everything is borked for tradeskills, abilities missing, points gone. This shouldn't have happened.
  13. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Respeccing the tree does NOT give me back what I WANTED. I do not want to spend 5 points on the goblin, one was enough. I want all of my rare harvest chance, and the mass production, which I did not have maxed.

So doing a respec is not 'playing my way'.

Fix it, please. There is no reason the goblin needs 5 points.
  14. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

For some reason SOE suddenly consider the Goblin to be hugely valuable, despite the fact that most of us probably have the pony too (which is better IMHO). 5 points is a ridiculous 'price' for it, considering what other useful abilities 'cost'.

I only ever put 1 point in the Goblin - I usually only summon him and my Pony once a day, partly cos I don't play for hours on end every often these days - log in, take what they've got, send em out, play, log out - repeat next day.

I have never used or needed to use multiple tradeskill specs and I have no intention of starting now just for the Goblin.

Just make it 1 point and be done with it - then no-one's builds would be broken, and some will get a few bonus points to spend where they actually want them. It's not game unbalancing like messing with adventure/raid trees might be.
    Charlice, Finora, Tylia and 2 others like this.
  15. Tylia Well-Known Member

Umm, no. They are useful in some tradeskill quests, to avoid having to travel and/or zone to make required items. They are also useful to decorators, and there are many other times they are useful. Just because you do not find a use for them, does not mean they should be removed. ;)
    Charlice and Spindle like this.
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

Agreed. I, personally, have no use for the 'tables anywhere' as I carry tinkered tables for the very rare instances when I 'need' to craft where there aren't tables, but I can see there use for other people.
    That being said, I would like the goblin points fixed so I can get to salvaging and refining without having to spend extra points in the tables I'm not going to use.
    Tylia and Awkk like this.
  17. Deveryn Well-Known Member

The goblin's value was established by everyone who put points in the thing, whether it was 1 or 5. It was more free mats and a possible rare for people. People never would have even complained about the timer issue if it was a total waste to spend any points in it. It's just the opposite here. Players, not SOE, are suddenly deciding on the value of the skill.

Given how the rest of the skills on the same tree work, the 5 point fix seems fair enough.
  18. zadical New Member

i have nine level 100 crafters. I am very disgruntled with a few things regarding the difficulty that SONY has initiated in the crafting lines. However today, i find a very disturbing change has been [link removed] WIT:i have 25 points to allocate to the tradeskill prestige tab.. with the recent change of TAKING AWAY THE OPTION of the goblin level from 1-5, which now is a FIVE point allocation even tho it says 1/1 AND the required 3 points in seasoned harvesting, WHICH with the advent of SONY's STINGY STRINGENT RARE allocations I might add, only lets me have 18 points in either experimentation or mass production.. which means i have to settle for a two point end line choice in those too areas.. Who in their right mind decided on this change? dont you guys test or figure this out before you make radical changes??? that effects the outcome of all our hard work??this is a boner guys..you need to think before you leap i think. how am i supposed to max out the end line of my experimenting or mass production.. i guess i can make another build just for the goblin and not worry about it.. maybe thats the way to go. nice ..I feel totally hosed by sony with this change. as you can tell to which i find no logical reason for except to muck things up..
    Prissetta likes this.
  19. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I was comfy with the Goblin the old way, 'nuff said. I'm editing my earlier comment as it sounded like whining and I don't want to be that person so, I'll address something more positive.

Kittybock said:
    “Raf and I had looked at this issue this and fixed him--I saw Griff's post as well. The fix was turn off auto consume for Harvest Kit and then back on, after all the other changes. I wanted to add that I have noticed after some patches or rainy days, bad hair days, that my Totems of Deadly Saber Tooth show as consuming, but no longer work. I have turn auto-consume off/ on again. Hmm, wonder if this applies to the potions we have on auto-consume as well? I'll have to check.
    Oh yes. Re: the margaritas to help with the changes. Yep. *Brings out huge pitcher for the Thread* ;) I think this may help, although it is a little early...5:00 o'clock somewhere!
    Kitty”

Moonpanther said:
    “I've got the irish Whiskey for any one who needs it :D

Hey, we can work with that, Moon...someone said they had cream, turn that into baileys. I'll make coffee, which is provisioning!! Collaborative Crafting, ftw! :)
    Moonpanther likes this.
  20. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

Even if the cost gets left at 5 points for one rank, the requirement on Salvage needs to change to "level one in Goblin or level 3 in Crafting Tables". Right now if you buy the goblin, it costs you 5 AAs but you still have to put 3 into Tables as well to get Salvage.
    Awkk, Wellknownmember, Finora and 3 others like this.