Gathering Goblin Change

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Lodrelhai, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Oh, and I wish to add my voice to those saying this was ill conceived, and obviously inadequately tested.

Even if you accept the premise that most folks had 5 points spent anyway, and the new mechnanic is equivalent - it still broke profiles, buffs, and was handled poorly. Add the fact that it even broke profiles that had 5 points spent, because those points no longer count to get to salvaging/refining.

And then add all the folks that had <5 points spent on the goblin, who cannot recreate their profiles even if the above were fixed, because it's just not possible any more to spend <5 points.

The goblin has been broken for *years*. There was no urgency associated with fixing it. Please remember the Test server exists for a reason.

* Put changes on Test first (you did, but still, no cookie for you)
    * Put changes in patch notes for Test, so the denizens of Test know to, you know, test!
    * Watch Test forums for feedback. (Because the denizens of Test knew something broke their AA builds, but didn't know what.)

Or to put it another way - if you put AA changes on Test, and the denizens of test complain about it that morning that their AA trees broke - and you participate in that very thread, and the denizens reiterate that something is very broken, don't blindly push the changes to live three days later breaking everyone else.
    Prissetta, Zhaanish, Tkia and 4 others like this.
  2. Shmogre Well-Known Member

I noticed that one of my toons had "lost" some of his tradeskill prestige abilities...turned out to be the order in which the points had been spent. For that toon, he put his points into the goblin first, then to Salvage, and then on to other trees and the Far Seas tab. Then when the goblin change happened, it broke Salvage [goblin was rank 1 now, Salvage needed it to be rank 3], which meant the points couldn't be spent beyond the goblin. That left my build in limbo, since it was waiting for the requirements of Salvage to be met before it could spend the next point.

I redid my trees to spend into the goblin last, and hey presto, everything came back. Now to go recast all my maintained spells and reset the auto-consume on things...
  3. Droopyloopy New Member

i had that trouble yesterday sort of solved it by having to put points into the summon crafting station? which i didnt have to before but must be a change in the aa set up that they didnt tell us about
  4. Redshift21 Member

Exactly when? Next week, sometime? Based on past TS fixes, this will more likely be forgotten and not fixed for over 2 weeks. Sorry, but SoE's track record on this kind of stuff isn't up to par, as of late.

Considering that SoE let a stupid zombie game release mess up EQ2 logons last week, I doubt anything is tested.

Devs should test these things first to make sure they work. WE, THE PLAYERS, should not be Beta testing changes on production servers. I thought SoE has an EQ2 test server - why are the devs not using it? If one doesn't exist, make one and use it.

SoE, you need to prove you dedication for a quality product by your actions. Start doing it . . . again.
  5. Hijinx Well-Known Member

As of today, I can't summon my goblin at all. And yes, I do have it selected.

While this bug needs to be addressed ASAP, the whole issue of the AA ui needs to become a high priority as well. The whole thing is a hot mess - and apparently a fairly fragile piece of code to boot.
  6. Charlice Well-Known Member

Put it back to how it was. I can't believe this mess went live.
    I don't particularly want to redo ALL my AA, for tradeskill.

My harvesting skill is now lower by 50, I have no idea why. I'm still showing as having points in experienced reaping.
    And on one tree points spent is 25/25, and I have 8 points spent without being able to spend more.

Seriously, pretend this is affecting the raid community. FIX IT.

And while I'm angry what on earth happened to the WEEKLY FEATURE?
    Pengana likes this.
  7. Hijinx Well-Known Member

It's broke. There's a long thread in the tradeskill forums.
  8. isest Active Member

Considering this affects so many toons, why are they not pushing out an emergency fix, when is the next hotfox, as really unless it is today 1/23 it is too long.
    Tylia likes this.
  9. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Well looking back through this thread SOE, is anything gonna be done to roll back this "FIX" or are we just gonna be left to wonder about it?
  10. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Raf and I had looked at this issue this and fixed him--I saw Griff's post as well. The fix was turn off auto consume for Harvest Kit and then back on, after all the other changes. I wanted to add that I have noticed after some patches or rainy days, bad hair days, that my Totems of Deadly Saber Tooth show as consuming, but no longer work. I have turn auto-consume off/ on again. Hmm, wonder if this applies to the potions we have on auto-consume as well? I'll have to check.

Oh yes. Re: the margaritas to help with the changes. Yep. *Brings out huge pitcher for the Thread* ;) I think this may help, although it is a little early...5:00 o'clock somewhere!

Kitty
    Charlice, Tylia and Pipsissiwa like this.
  11. Octaveless New Member

Is it no longer possible to go down the salvage/refine tree without the crafting tables? As the goblin is set to 1/1 now, the Salvage button requires 3/5 from either the goblin (um, 1/1 remember?) or the crafting tables to activate? I don't want crafting tables!

One of my characters (6 accounts and well over 45 total characters) had issues with the goblin 2-3 years ago (whenever it first came out). I'm sorry for others that experience the same issue lately but why now? And why didn't the developers do a better job at their "fixing"?
    Kittybock and Charlice like this.
  12. Avithax Well-Known Member

While a lot are experiencing issues with this new chance I am applauding the dev team for finally addressing the 12 hour bug with the goblins. This is a step in the right direction in my opinion towards fixing a lot of the older bugs that have been really annoying for a long time. If you dont want to spend 5 points in to get the goblin then that's your choice. If you only want the goblin once a day then maybe you should just make a spec for it and recast it once per day (or as you want it).

Thank you Devs for putting time into this older issue and keep up the good work!
  13. Daryx Well-Known Member

Gathering Goblin also used to be instant recast like the Pack Pony. While 1 second is not forever, it's a completely unneeded change as well. Nice to once again have something pushed to live that was apparently not tested very well, if at all.
  14. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone would disagree that it is indeed great to see the dev's tackle this long-standing bug, but how it has been implemented is... less than satisfactory.

It isn't just having to waste 5 points to get the goblin when before it was possible to get with just one, it is also for some having to spend points in stuff they don't need/use (like crafting tables) to get stuff you do (when before you could at least make the goblin more frequent which was useful). And most of all it is the huge range of other bugs that have been introduced while trying to fix one.

I too hope the Hotfix comes quickly, I have a horrible feeling we're going to get forgotten for weeks or worse.

A very nice idea, dear Devs, such a shame about the implementation.....
    Kittybock likes this.
  15. Finora Well-Known Member

It was put on test. Not mentioned in any update notes that I remember seeing but it did go to test briefly. It was reported as bugged, but was pushed live just like it was on test. So, the test server folks did do what they are there for.

I still don't like the change, even if it weren't bugged but it won't be the first time SOE changed something in a way I didn't like (I still miss my ranger's befriend animal aa they completely removed from game for instance).
    Lodrelhai likes this.
  16. Melkior Well-Known Member

Add me to the list of those that HATE this change. I have all 9 TS professions. Several get logged on once per day to do dailies, and the long recast was not an issue. Other characters that I log on frequently I spec'd all 5 points. Removing that option was a bad idea. I fully support fixing the bug, but not in this fashion.

Even worse, is they are counting the goblin as only a single point spent. So I have to spend prestige in the useless crafting stations (all my characters carry the tinkered portable ones) to get refine and salvage. I'm assuming this is an untested oversight that will be fixed, but it is still annoying.
    Alenna, Zhaanish and Pengana like this.
  17. Ynnek Well-Known Member

If they're in the mood for 'quick fixes' that don't make the matter worse, I think there's only one solution.

Make the goblin require only 1 point. Make that point only consume 1 point. Make that point grant full instant recast.

Yes, it's a change, but in the end *at worst* you have to spend the exact same # of AA to get an equivalent setup, and not lose anything. And in many cases, it'll free up some AA points you can put elsewhere.
    Prissetta, Palarran, Tylia and 6 others like this.
  18. Charlice Well-Known Member

They broke more than they fixed. I'm guessing no one at SoE has crafters?
    [IMG]Oh look, I have 41 points spent in this tree. I have won the internet!!!!

[IMG]1+1+5+1 = 25? Really? REALLY????
    I do not want to hear, oh boo hoo they are short staffed. Could this change not of waited, until it worked? What sort of quality of work is this?
    Next hotfix? What's to say they don't make it even worse.

It should be changed back to how it was NOW, and the WORKING change implemented next hotfix.
    Tylia likes this.
  19. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Well, there's two solutions, since I suggested having him cost 2 points on the previous page of this thread.

Same effect, without freeing up one more bonus point.
    Prissetta likes this.
  20. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Except it still screws anyone who only put one point there. They still have to steal a point from somewhere else in their profile to match what they had before the change. Builds that were possible before, will no longer be possible.

At this point, they've screwed up badly enough, that a fix that still leaves some people screwed won't fly - they will have only fixed 90% of what they broke. Walking it back to just "meh, we're unscrewed most of you, the rest we don't care about" - is not going to fly from a userbase happiness point of view.
    Tylia, Charlice and Pipsissiwa like this.