Gathering Goblin Change

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Lodrelhai, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Wintir Active Member

Agree with Charlice. Why wasn't this tested?
    Tylia, Charlice and Strings like this.
  2. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Apparently, it was on Test on Monday, but there were no patch notes to let people know what was supposed to be happening. Just that post, pointing out that the prestige tree was being wacky. (With no dev response until today, when it was also on the Live servers.)
  3. Akaera New Member

This goblin change has caused a lot of grief....for what purpose? I have to go through dozens of my characters who now have bugged goblin and salvage buttons and fix them all. Not to mention having to reset all of my auto consumes since you forced an AA reset on everyone. All because having less than 5 points in the goblin was somehow game breaking?
  4. Charlice Well-Known Member

Can they not just pretend the gob is a raid mob and fix it soon™er.

This is insane. A change that should of been so easy to test, put on to live like this. I would prefer to keep my irregular gobbie schedule than this change.
  5. Naramsin Well-Known Member

"Artisans Gathering Goblin has been changed to a single 5 point prestige ability with a short recast."

Why is it that I had to clear these prestige points in order to reassign them based on the new structure on only two of my seven high-level toons, whereas I did not have to do anything on the other 5?

I am one of those who would like to understand the logic behind such changes, and what I would like to see with such listings is that an explanation would be provided as to why they made said change.
  6. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

This affects all aspects of a character. Before I can raid I will have to completely reset/recast all my buffs, etc. related to adventuring as well as reset my tradeskill AAs to be able to mass produce food and drink for the guild :(
  7. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

So the Goblin bugged out occasionally (including to me, now and again - not a huge problem), so to fix it SOE has make this hasty ill-thought out and improperly tested fix which has caused a ton of other worse bugs, not to mention significant inconvenience to crafters? Not a big surprise I guess. /sigh

It feels like a very clumsy attempt to suddenly fix something that has been broken for a long time. Surely it would be better to just spend even longer tracking down the bug than causing this unnecessary amount of chaos? Or just make the Goblin just have the more frequent recast and cost 1 or maybe 2 points only, and refund any extra points to anyone who spent more to put elsewhere. Most crafters have the Pony anyway, so the Goblin really isn't that special now.

I'm reluctant to log in until this gets fixed properly, can't bear the thought of having to sort out my craft AA's (and buffs) over and over.....
    Zhaanish, Tkia, Pengana and 2 others like this.
  8. Awkk Well-Known Member

Or how about adding 5 more points to the Tradeskill Prestige page?
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  9. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I think they couldn't find the timer bug to squash and thought the goblin change would fix the issue. The problem is that without someone dedicated to crafting the obvious peripheral problems were not recognized. Then there is the silliness of how this interacted with adventuring that no one could have foreseen but is nonetheless an issue that adequate testing should have found.
    Tylia likes this.
  10. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Since we still have time before the "next patch", here's what I would do to increase happiness in the playerbase.

Only one level of Goblin? Great idea. Costing 5 points? Not so great. How about costing 2?

People finishing the left column get a small bonus. They still have to spend 20 points total there to max out the endline, so 5+(2+3)+5+5 gets them maxed refining/salvaging, and the goblin, and the small bonus of an occasional free crafting table. And they still have the same 5 points to spend in the other 2 columns.

People finishing the middle or right column have 5 points left over... 3 in tracking, 2 in goblin, and they can still have the goblin on top of the skills they want, without having to constantly swap their AA (wasting potions/poisons/buffing-time/etc).

And we still have an unbugged one-level goblin that never needs a recast timer.

Win-win-win. amirite?
    Prissetta, Tylia and Pipsissiwa like this.
  11. Raff Well-Known Member

Harvesting is weird too...my pull times are noticeably slower. It feels like I'm harvesting with a level 50 or 60 harvest set. And my base Bountiful Harvest is 28 (it was 37 pre patch).
    Pipsissiwa, Kittybock and Griff like this.
  12. Valiin New Member

Trade Skill AA lines wont allow to assign points into goblin harvester. Is there an eta for fix on this?
  13. Aelfan Active Member

Why have you ****** up the game for this idiocy? I'm having to go through all my toons spending time fixing a problem you have caused instead of having fun!
  14. Griff Well-Known Member

I noticed that on some, but not all of my characters, I had to turn off Auto-Consume and then turn it back on to get the buffs to come back on. On my Far Seas Pegasus on two of my characters I had to dismount and then mount to get the stats to come back up as well.
  15. santargria Well-Known Member

LOL yah the little monkey - goblin ;)
  16. Ynnek Well-Known Member

That's common whenever buffs get ripped out from under your character when it's not watching. Easy to fix, but also easy to overlook...
  17. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

18. Losalamos1 New Member

OMG! Really? Five point cost registering as one point, totally ruining the AA builds of untold numbers of players/crafters and as an added bonus refining and salvage now costs an additional four points? Who is the "good idea fairy" that thought this little bit of undertested, unannounced, "hamfisted" coding was a good fix? Are you actively trying to anger people and make them quit? Is there going to be some kind of a fix to the fix coming? I certainly hope so, because between some of the other recent issues and now this gem; if this stays "as is" this long time EQ gamers money is gonna move to greener pastures courtesy of your ill-conceived little "tweeks".
  19. Shmogre Well-Known Member

It's actually five points registering as one rank [not point]; other AAs use the same mechanism, so it's not totally unusual. However, it still breaks Salvage though, since that is looking for rank *three* of either the Goblin or the tables above it. :^(
  20. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Can someone explain to me why I no longer have Mass Production on one toon, and less Seasoned Harvesting on another, but with Mass production still, when both had their points spent the same way?

And the Fars Seas tab for both of them has also been altered in differing ways.

*headdesk*

Just fix it soon, please?