Gathering Goblin Change

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Lodrelhai, Jan 21, 2015.

1. isest Active Member

The problem was the goblen has 5 in it so it multiplied 5x5 giving all those points to the tradeskill prestige line. After I restet all my aa's I was able to get it all fixed. The problem was that it put like 44/25 in the first tradeskill prestige tree. So it is a problem, the workaround was to reset the ts prestige line, and well that reset all myaa trees. Truus me I been 100/100 for a while now.

Just added a bit of ouch to my day, and I decided not to log my other toons in to do the weekly ts mission until the get a fix.
  2. suka Well-Known Member

i tried to take screenshots but they don't show the prestige screen at all. you have to have 8 points spent to get to salvage. however, if you include the goblin, it won't count toward the salvage. in fact the goblin doesn't count at all- not as one, not as 5.
  3. suka Well-Known Member

it didn't affect me that way. all i reset was the prestige tradeskill tree. i clicked on the seasoned harvesting button to clear all buttons there. then i put them in. i was able to get the entire gathering line in with no problem. it shows 25/25. the goblin counted as 5 at the end of it. however, when going down the line, i found that the goblin is now on a separate counter. when choosing salvage, i had to have 8 points in the upper part of the tree: seasoned harvesting and crafting tables. the goblin didn't count as one of those points or 5 of those points. it simply didn't count.

when i tried to put some points into another line, i didn't have the goblin points to put in. the goblin is 5 points, even though it only shows one. there were only points from the other 4 items to use in other lines.
  4. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

This is a bug and it will be corrected in the next hotfix.
    Flyps, FriggaWitch and suka like this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Nope.. after resetting, 5 points in shiny tracking and filled in goblin did not light up salvaging to take any points. Currently if I want salvaging (and refining) am I forced to put points into summon crafting tables, which I have no use for since I carry tinkered crafting tables for the very rare times when I absolutely MUST craft where there are no tables.
    Moonpanther and Awkk like this.
  6. suka Well-Known Member

hmm- mine is working as usual. just had to go in and fix the prestige tradeskill tree.
    Spindle likes this.
  7. suka Well-Known Member

because the goblin doesn't count at all when counting points towards salvaging. Afista said it would be fixed in the next hotfix and it is a bug. that makes me happy.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

Agreed :) I didn't see that when I made my first post.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

Oh! Since I'm sure most people who have the goblins already specced have noticed you're buffs are all off. check your harvesting tools. This semi-rest has busted things that were set auto-consume. Be sure to toggle them off auto consume and back on to get them working properly again.
    suka likes this.
  10. Tylia Well-Known Member

I complete the mass production line. That used to leave enough extra points for some in the harvesting bubble, and one in the goblin, which was enough to be able to cast it once a day. Now I cannot do that. If I want the goblin, I have to automatically "spend" 5 points in it, and that leave me short in being able to put 5 points in the mass production end line. This is completely messed up. Only being able to cast the goblin once a day was fine with me. That's all I would remember to do it anyway.
    redwoodtreesprite and Pengana like this.
  11. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Wow, after reading this thread I am kinda scared to even open this can of worms, LOL First off I never have liked goblins cuz they creep me out, well except for the Frostfell Gobbies theys okie dokie buddy-friends but man them ones in Runnyeye I just can't kill enough of thems. So maybe i call out my gathering goblin and beat it with me rollin pin and make a goblin pie insteads;) .
    Charlice, Tylia and Spindle like this.
  12. Zhaanish Well-Known Member

This is a terrible change - why was it made? Now I can't have 1 point in goblin and another area mastered. I'll be forced to switch AA builds for no good reason and recast all of my buffs over and over. Why are changes like this made when it was working great like it was before?!

Can somone from SOE please respond as to why this change was made when it was working fine for everyone like it used to be? This change is obviously making a lot of us very unhappy and for what reason?
  13. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Well I had to check, so i log in, what a mess my goblin worked fine as it was i /feedbacked the problem. I will play when this gets sorted out cuz I have toons on other SOE games I can play. I will log back when I see this problem is fixed hope it's soon.
  14. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I had to try several combinations on my AA's, before it worked. I tried various suggestions listed. Finally, I went back to my "Base Build" (an old unfinished Template to use as a cheat for new builds) to try things.
    • If I view my Harvest build, they really still exist...it is as if the game stops seeing them at the Goblin having 1.
    • I tried the cancel, etc. Also renamed and saved the template, as suggested in another thread. None of that was happening.
    • Oddly enough, it even altered my Mass Production build, which did not include the Harvest Goblin, so I have to redo that one, as well.

What worked--I guess-- after a lot of attempts, was taking everything out of TS Prestige tree and rebuilding it. I had tried that twice before and it did not seem to take until I went into my Base Build, rebuilt, committed, then went back into Harvest Build. I have 5 level 100 crafters, plus others on the way up...lots of multiple builds. I think I need to make margaritas before I chop down anymore AA trees ;)

Kitty
  15. Tylia Well-Known Member

Have any to spare? ;)
    Awkk and FriggaWitch like this.
  16. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Which, for a bug of this magnitude, should be TOMORROW (or earlier), and not next Tuesday.

(Assuming reports above of this messing up adventuring AA as well are correct.)
    Tylia and Charlice like this.
  17. Awkk Well-Known Member

I agree with this, it would be great if rebuffing didnt waste all the poisons I have on the char at the time! Could this be fixed so that poisons are not wasted on each rebuff? I never put poisons on auto consume anymore, as I don't want to forget, and rebuff to crafting and back, and find out I just flushed 2 full sets of mastercrafted poisons down the toilet.

Also I want Salvage and Refine but not Crafting Tables, but I know you guys are working on that already. :)
  18. Charlice Well-Known Member

wasn't this tested?
  19. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Yep the Gigglegibbers union local 187 would appear to have done the testing
    Prissetta, Tylia and Charlice like this.
  20. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Argh! I also do mass production, as it really is important for my provisioner. So this means I lose my gathering goblin? :(
    Yup. just loaded in. 4 points in tracking, and gobby is gone. Was it that OP to be able to call the little fellow once a day and do another tree?

How about this? Put the goblin in the other trees as well. Things like durability gain are nice, but not as useful as that goblin. Or put the goblin at the top. I can handle being able to have one point less in the mass production line, and could still do the tracking, even with a long cooldown.
    Prissetta likes this.