Gathering Goblin Change

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Lodrelhai, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

From the update notes for tomorrow:

Why? I've several characters who only have a couple points spent in the goblin, and who I'm very happy to only have summon it once a day when I do my dailies. Now it's all or nothing, and if I still want the goblin on these chars I get the joy of recasting all my buffs every time I switch builds so I can check if he's done gathering yet.

For that matter, how will changing builds into and out of having the goblin affect the summoning? Currently switching builds to change the number of points spent in that ability resets the summoning time to 12 hrs, to discourage people from swapping to 5 points in him every 2 hours. If he's just 5 points or none, does that mean swapping in and out of builds with him is now encouraged?

edit: And does this affect the TS prestige trees? Are both going to be reset for everyone? Will it only be reset back to the point where points were spent in that ability? Is there any chance those characters who do have 5 points in the ability will not have to respend anything?
  2. Charlice Well-Known Member

Quite annoying really. I guess they will have to reset that tab. Mind you on one of my girls that does have 5 points in Gobbie, she hasn't been able to summon him for what seems like days now.

I hope with this change comes a fix to his spasmodic spawn times.
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

I agree with Lodrelhai. I have a single point in the goblin on several characters because frankly I can't be bothered to check the thing every single time he's up. Others I have 4 points and have spent a single point in another ability I don't need maxed out.

I must say I'm extremely disappointed in this change. Why on earth is it a needed change? Is this really the only way the devs could find to fix the bug where people change their aa & the goblin gets stuck at 12hrs?
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

I'm guessing this is to deal with it bugging out to a 12hr recast for many people who have put more then 1 pt in.
    Shmogre likes this.
  5. Naneeje Well-Known Member

For those that were unaware, there was a massive bug, affecting a lot of people where you would zone with the goblin out, and he would become unusable for 1200 minutes (on mine).
    So this seems like the fix they put in place, simple really. I like it. As far as your question on whether it's worth it to swap in and out, it always has been. You could send out your goblin, swap specs to mass production spec, and as long as it's been two hours, when you respec back into refining, the goblin would have materials for you.
    Really cool :)
    FriggaWitch and Wirewhisker like this.
  6. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Hardly worth it to recast more than a dozen buffs, my mount, and all equipment abilities every 2 hours. The gathering goblin has become useless on any character that isn't focused on refining. I can't imagine this is the only way to fix that bug with the goblin either - last I heard the summoned crafting stations didn't have the same issue, and they're on the same summon time scale.
    Pengana, Kuulei and Sandyfoot like this.
  7. Tajar Well-Known Member

I have two builds anyway, one for harvesting (with goblin maxed), and one for mass produce.
  8. santargria Well-Known Member

I don't bother switching builds cause I also dread recasting - I know it's not much to recast,but it's a real PITA.

Instead I just use the little monkey to gather mats for crafting stuff

Now, if there was a way to macro the recasting of buffs etc. I would definitely be switching builds - but alas the macroing system in eq 2 well it's just plain weak (I would say it sucks, but hey to each his own for those that like it).
  9. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Why every 2 hours? Put the "goblin set" with your typical combat AAs, then you only have to swap when you're planning to mass-produce or experiment. Put experimenting and mass-production with your situational combat AAs. That way, you're only switching when you want to craft (probably less than every 2 hours) or when you want to use the oddball combat sets (when you'd have to switch anyway, no matter how your TS AA were aligned.) I've always kept the harvest/refine/goblin set with my default combat AA.
    Tajar and Azian like this.
  10. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Well I like the idea of the goblin fix but, if you spend TS prestige points on the lil fella why isn't he able to gather holiday harvests? I mean he is supposed to be a professional harvester. If me pack pony can gatherer them why not the goblin? Oh nvm I forgets goblins aren't all that smart to begin with, after all they can write but they can't read lol
    Tylia likes this.
  11. Daray Well-Known Member

So you can't even advance the tree to Salvage if you go down the goblin path, as Salvage needs rank 3 in the goblin (you have to go via the tradeskill tables).

But you can add me to the list of people that dislike this change, as I only ever spent 4 in the goblin.
    Tylia, Pengana and Mogrim like this.
  12. Laiina Well-Known Member

The "fix" is all bugged anyway. I now have 33/25 points spent, and my Goblin is rank 2/1.

I fail to see the reason for this.

And why would this change cause the message: "Fiery Magician has been upgraded and must be cast again"?

Now we need a patch to fix the patch.
    Quillyne likes this.
  13. Edoo New Member

With the change to the gathering goblin points, where you have to spend 5 points but it only shows as 1, you can no longer select Salvaging below it because it requires at least 3 points in the gathering goblin. The only way around this is to spend another 3 points on the crafting stations, which I don't want to waste prestige points on.
    Armageddoux and Awkk like this.
  14. Strings Well-Known Member

I'm perfectly happy spending points on crafting tables, I had 5 in tables and 5 in Goblin. But for some reason I have to go in and respend a bunch of points in tradeskill prestige, prestige, and AA. I do not enjoy spending points, I'm new, there's quite a bit of it I don't understand, and I have 8 characters. I had already recast all my buffs and reset my prefix title when I logged in, since they were gone, now I'll have to do it again after I fix my points (because without going into build mode I cannot spend my points anywhere). I'm not entirely happy. :(
  15. isest Active Member

Yes lets just go into this. my far seas shows 25/25 assigned but I only got 5 showing assigned. I guess this is due to the fix for goblen, by the way and that is screwed up as well, for some reason. I am only showing 1 point in goblen but I have 5.

When I edit my ts prestige lines it shows everything exchanged, but they are all hosed up after save.
    [IMG]
  16. Hijinx Well-Known Member

Mine are definitely messed up. I had 5 in the goblin so, as I understand this change, it shouldn't affect me at all. However, I now show 45/25 on the UI - something is definitely amiss. Also, only Seasoned Harvesting (5 pts) and my goblin (1 pt) are showing as having points in them.

Something definitely went wrong.
  17. Mogrim Well-Known Member

This.
  18. Strings Well-Known Member

19. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Are you using the default UI? Its more than buggy now, those 5 points used to select the 1 point in the goblin, now causes you to have to put 4 points into the crafting stations to get to the refining ability, so technically you are spending 19 points just to get to refining, rather than the previous 15 points.
    zadical and Mermut like this.
  20. Kuulei Well-Known Member

[BUG]
    Since the goblin takes 1 point (equating 5 spent) the refining tree now requires you spend an additional 4 points to actually get to the refining ability. So rather than the previous 15 points spent to start putting points into refining (seasoned harvesting 5, summon artisan's gathering goblin 5, Salvage 5), you now have to spend 4 points in Summon Crafting Stations to get to Refine.
    Where before it took 15 points spent to get to the Refine, you have to spend 19 points.
    zadical and Pengana like this.