Gathering Goblin Change

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Lodrelhai, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Kittybock Well-Known Member

That is awesome!

That said, I've just read this today and had just fixed builds on several more crafters. *sigh* Ah well, if this means I won't have to have both Harvest and Mass Production Builds in the future, it is worth it ;) Thank you.

Filly, I've seemed to notice a reduction in the amount in rares when harvesting in general, not just sending the Goblin. That is why I was playing with my builds so much, trying to get it back.

Kitty
    Wellknownmember and Filly67 like this.
  2. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Well me pack pony gathers rares rather often but that damn goblin has never brought in a rare before or after the AA fix. I'ma not sure the goblin has ever gathered a rare, the silly thing can't even gather Holiday harvests where me fully trained pack pony brings back a hundred at a time.
    Oh and I like the way SOE put the announcement on the MOTD to explain about the AA fault even it was a lil bit late TY.
    Filly67 likes this.
  3. Borracho New Member

This is not fixed. I just patched the update done today. The notes say it should be fixed, but it still says I need rank 3 goblin to do salvage and still will not let me select it !!! GRRRRRRRRR
  4. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Hey there...the update is actually tomorrow the 29th, so the change hasn't gone in yet.
    Finora likes this.
  5. Borracho New Member

Weird because I just had to patch. Maybe it was an emergency patch of something.
  6. Kittybock Well-Known Member

~The Goblin comes back Tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that Tomorrow, there'll be rares....~

Oh wait, that's today....my bad. I have not relogged since Maintenance finished, let me see if the little guy works now ;)
    Awkk likes this.
  7. Laiina Well-Known Member

I still don't understand why they made this change in the first place. You still need to put points into crafting stations (which I never use) to get refining, as you need 15 points spent. So what was the purpose of this whole fiasco?
  8. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Heads up, you'll likely have to redo your TS Prestige build if you had more than one point put into the Goblin. The tree itself displays the single spent point for the Goblin, but the history chain in the right column will still have multiple points spent for the bugger. Like the MOTD says, you'll need to go into 'Build' mode and back it up to the first point in the Goblin to get them happy again.

On the plus side, you could have up to four extra points to spend in the first tab now... :^)
  9. Kittybock Well-Known Member

*shakes head sadly* Can anyone get Refining to work??

Edited: Okay, took points back, put more in Crafting Stations. You need 4 in there now, to get Refining. Thx ;)
    So, it will be 5 harvest, 1 Gobby, 4 stations & 5 salvage to get Refining to open up.
    Shmogre likes this.
  10. Ynnek Well-Known Member

The purpose of the fiasco was to work around the recast bug. I never had the bug personally, but with the number of people who did, or thought they did, and the forum discussion, was a constant source of consternation. So the goal was to eliminate the varying levels of Goblinness, which the game sometimes had a hard time keeping straight.

There's now one level, instant recast, end of story. I'm sure it eliminated some very squirrely code.

Now... the path to reach this point, as it played out over the past week, had some interesting missteps.
  11. Prrasha Well-Known Member

The purpose was for people who wanted the goblin with a non-refining endline, which was a valid build before the 5-for-5 change, but impossible during the last week or so.
  12. Silkmyst Active Member

I lost my goblin and track harvestable buttons. I've never been a wiz with the AA selector. "Backing it up back to whatever"
    made no sense, as I don't remember where/when.

Going into build, then solo profile, then commit, then back to personal existing profile, recommit brought everything back to normal. Whew!

Silk